Adventure of the Seas Updated Details on 2016 Refurb

Good point. Hopefully they'll update the deck plans soon to reflect wherever Adventure Dunes will be.

I just read that there are over 100 rooms being added on Royal Caribbean blog. I'm not sure how that compares to the other Voyager Class refurbs, but that seems like a lot to me. At leas they will be updating all of the existing rooms as well.

Do you know what a refurb actually means for updating the existing rooms? I've never been on a refurbished ship.

I was hoping for Sabor, but realize I am probably in the minority. We very much enjoyed that venue on Freedom!

I agree. We've done Sabor on Navigator & Liberty and are big fans. Likewise, we've tried Chops on every sailing and won't be doing it in the future. Their steaks are not that good for the money you pay. We've elected to get our steak on while in Aruba on our next cruise as the Aruba stop doesn't leave until 11pm that evening. We've heard great things about El Gaucho as having the best steaks in Aruba w/ a wonderful rustic decor and ambience... and at the same pricing!

I was looking this morning at pricing on our cruise in February on Adventure of the Seas and noticed some changes to RCI's site. First off, if you go to the AOS page, it now lists things as "coming soon", like the FlowRider, the water slides, Boleros Latin Lounge, etc. When I started digging deeper, in going to the deck plans, I noticed that they have started to spell out specifically where the changes will be taking place. Here they are:

-Flow Rider- Aft deck 13 (all the way back)

-Water Slides- Aft deck 13 (one side of the Flow Rider)

-Splashaway Bay- Aft deck 13 (other side of the Flow Rider)

-10 new inside cabins- deck 3 next to the Photo Gallery (that's how I read it anyway)

-19 new cabins- deck 3 where Jesters used to be

-Chops Grill- deck 4 where Jesters used to be

-Boleros Latin Lounge- deck 4 where the Aquarium Bar used to be

-Aquarium bar- deck 4 across the Centrum from where it used to be

-Card Room/Library- deck 5 where the Connoisseur Lounge used to be

-Izumi- deck 5 middle of the Royal Promenade

-38 more cabins- deck 12 in front and around the sides of the Vitality Spa

-Suite Lounge- deck 14 where Seven Heart Card room and Cloud Nine used to be

The pool deck looks like it remains untouched (thank goodness!). I hope that helps. Please add to this if you notice anything missing. Thanks and I look forward to seeing her all revamped!

Love the addition of the Flow Rider, Chops, Boleros (Although the Aquarium Bar was just like Boleros in the past). Would rather Sabor than Izumi. Absolutely HATE that they are getting rid of the Connoisseur Club!!! That was always a very popular spot on the Adventure. Most sailings I have been on the card room is empty 90% of the time.

What's going on deck#9 where the CL used to be .... card room/library ?

Glad to see their not touching the DL ;)

Was just on her in May...can't wait until the new bookings open for May 2018 to see first hand what's been done..

I'll be on HOTS in March 2017 and hoping to book while onboard.

Edited by Ashland

What's going on deck#9 where the CL used to be .... card room/library ?

Glad to see their not touching the DL ;)

Was just on her in May...can't wait until the new bookings open for May 2018 to see first hand what's been done..

I'll be on HOTS in March 2017 and hoping to book while onboard.

We were to,d last week that the old CL will be turned in to interior staterooms.

I'm very disappointed they are getting rid of the cigar lounge. To replace it with a card room/library to me seems pretty useless.

I did speak to a C&A representative (Stanley) who confirmed it's not being replaced. He did a great job, very professional. Just didn't give me the answer I wanted to hear, sigh.

I'd think about changing our Adventure cruises for 2017 if it weren't that we are getting the opportunity to meet Merion Mom. I just can't miss that.

Glad to hear that. I didn't realize we are on the first cruise after dry dock until I had already booked. However, we will be cruising which is much better than not, so all is good.

I could not agree more. We are also on the Nov 14 sailing. I have read the same about the renovations being made to the AOS. I am looking forward to her upgrades and I am sure that RCCL will have everything under control..

I could not agree more. We are also on the Nov 14 sailing. I have read the same about the renovations being made to the AOS. I am looking forward to her upgrades and I am sure that RCCL will have everything under control..

You should join the Roll Call. We can't wait to see the refurbishment.

That's a lot of cabins.

At least they are also adding a lot of good public things as well. I think the pools will feel way less crowded after this retro. I always thought the H2O zone made a huge difference on the freedom class's pools vs Voyager class, even though there are far more cabins.

At least they are also adding a lot of good public things as well. I think the pools will feel way less crowded after this retro. I always thought the H2O zone made a huge difference on the freedom class's pools vs Voyager class, even though there are far more cabins.

Hopefully many children gravitate towards the aft of deck 13.

I agree, I think this will be good. I'm looking forward to seeing how things go. To me, it's a win win for everyone. The kids have more fun, and the adults get to enjoy the pools (without having to go into the stuffy Solarium area).

Several years in PC. That was the jump off for the famous round the horn. We did a B2B2B in 2008. That was the beginning of our Royal addiction. Empress didn't do it. ;)

I only cruised the Mariner twice (Both out of PC), but really enjoyed it both times! It really is a nice ship. Wish they would bring it back.

Has anyone heard anything additional about the refurb? Maybe those just having gotten off the ship in the last few days? Also, I'm still trying to come up with how they get to 100 new staterooms. From the plans, I can only see right around 70.

Lastly, I still think it's odd that they haven't placed the Adventure Dunes in the updated Deck plans.

Lastly, I still think it's odd that they haven't placed the Adventure Dunes in the updated Deck plans.

They never added it Liberty's deck plans after the relocation, yet it is there.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I just checked and they did indeed add it. It wasn't there originally after her refurb. Also, there is no guarantee that the golf course will go there on Adventure, but I imagine that they would move it.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Has anyone heard anything additional about the refurb? Maybe those just having gotten off the ship in the last few days? Also, I'm still trying to come up with how they get to 100 new staterooms. From the plans, I can only see right around 70.

Also, I counted somewhere around 76 staterooms. That's about what the other Voyager Class ships received.

Not sure where they're getting 100 from...

I don't know the count and don't know "everywhere" they are putting new staterooms but have heard of these locations:

New oceanview staterooms on outside of spa

Inside staterooms on one level of the (soon to be former) Jester's

Inside (or maybe oceanview) in some of the space currently occupied by photo gallery (photo gallery will remain but be smaller)

Inside staterooms deck 9 where CL is currently located

We will be on Adventure for the first time in February. We have been on several other ships with Royal but are very much looking forward to seeing Adventure for the first time. We love sailing out of Puerto Rico and it is just by chance that we are even on Adventure. We were actually booked on Celebrity Summit for a week in March and our cruise was chartered and what they were offering didn't work for us so we jumped over to Adventure instead.

I don't know the count and don't know "everywhere" they are putting new staterooms but have heard of these locations:

New oceanview staterooms on outside of spa

Inside staterooms on one level of the (soon to be former) Jester's

Inside (or maybe oceanview) in some of the space currently occupied by photo gallery (photo gallery will remain but be smaller)

Inside staterooms deck 9 where CL is currently located

That's a good point. I saw that they were putting some on the side of where the photo gallery used to be. Maybe they will have more there than pictured. I'm sure it will come out eventually, but like others, I'm still puzzled at where the additional 25+ staterooms unaccounted for will go.

Looking forward to seeing her after the refurb!

Let me start by stating I intend to have a good time regardless. However when checking sailing dates, the last Adventure sailing in October has her docking on October 16. The next sailing leaves port on November 14. This is only 28 days.

I am on the November 14 sailing. I booked it before I realized it was the first cruise after dry dock.

This seams like a lot of work to get completed in that amount of time. I realize there may be some work going on yet when I sail. My question is, will RC start doing some of this upgrade prior to October 17? I am fairly new to cruising so this will be a learning experience for me.

So where would Izumi be going?

The deck plans show Izumi actually going on the Royal Promenade (a first for Royal Caribbean) in the space where the Sports Bar was (possibly over a potential Vintages spot). I'm bummed about that as I really would have liked to relax and watch a game on all the screens that they had in the Sports Bar.. Oh well, the enhancements outweigh what they are getting rid of.

Edited by RC_Cruise_Addict
language error

The deck plans show Izumi actually going on the Royal Promenade (a first for Royal Caribbean) in the space where the Sports Bar was (and possibly Vintages?). I'm bummed about that as I really would have liked to relax and watch a game on all the screens that they had in the Sports Bar.. Oh well, the enhancements outweigh what they are getting rid of.

Yeah, I was hoping for a Vintages in that space, but Izumi must earn more profit.

The deck plans show Izumi actually going on the Royal Promenade (a first for Royal Caribbean) in the space where the Sports Bar was (possibly over a potential Vintages spot). I'm bummed about that as I really would have liked to relax and watch a game on all the screens that they had in the Sports Bar.. Oh well, the enhancements outweigh what they are getting rid of.

I asked that question a couple weeks ago and have since found it out, but thank you.

I'm completely fine with the loss of the sports bar (I never use them), but Vintages would've been nice.

I asked that question a couple weeks ago and have since found it out, but thank you.

I'm completely fine with the loss of the sports bar (I never use them), but Vintages would've been nice.

My apologies, I thought I had seen it posted on the last page. I must have been on another page.