Adventure of the Seas Updated Details on 2016 Refurb

We are also on Adventure in February. First time for us on this particular ship. Looking forward to the refurb even though we didn't know what it looked like before. We do not do specialty restaurants at all so whatever they do there is not a big deal to us, but water slides would be fun. I thought the mini golf would be gone, but sounds like it will just be relocated? We always enjoy that as well. I will be watching as well to see when Royal releases the official list of enhancements.

Our daughter and SIL are going with us, and she is looking forward to trying the flow rider and rock climbing wall. I was on Liberty and Indy with her and she was injured both times and could not go on them.

Is any of this info verified? The only reference I can find to this "announcement" is at Royal Caribbean Blog, and he doesn't link to any source.

LOL! Is anything ever 'verified' on Cruise Critic? :D

Card Room will move to Deck Nine where the current Concierge Lounge is. The Seven Hearts Card Room & Cloud Nine will become a "Suite Lounge". Chops will be located to the right side when you walk into the Windjammer. Izumi's will go where Jester's is on Deck Four. Haven't heard anything about Sabor.

Talked to a friend that is a Waiter on the Adventure of the Seas and the plans they showed to the crew reflected these changes planned for dry dock.

I asked the Suite Lounge Concierge on our Liberty cruise last week about other ships getting Suite Lounges, and he said they have been told all ships Voyager class and larger will be converted to Suite Lounges when they go thru dry dock.

Card Room will move to Deck Nine where the current Concierge Lounge is. The Seven Hearts Card Room & Cloud Nine will become a "Suite Lounge". Chops will be located to the right side when you walk into the Windjammer. Izumi's will go where Jester's is on Deck Four.....

Where will Giovanni's go?

Where will Giovanni's go?

No reason for it to move anywhere is there other than where it is now.

I could definitely see Chops going in the area of the Island Grill (WJ) on the right side when you enter...this is the area of the WJ we ate in often during our recent May 7th- 21st cruise rather than the aft area..much less crowded.

No reason for it to move anywhere is there other than where it is now.

I could definitely see Chops going in the area of the Island Grill (WJ) on the right side when you enter...this is the area of the WJ we ate in often during our recent May 7th- 21st cruise rather than the aft area..much less crowded.

Maybe they will change the pattern with Adventure, but with the other first gen Voyager class ships (Voyager and Explorer), there is only one specialty restaurant near Windjammer. As if there was something about the design of the first gen ships that precluded or made it prohibitively expensive to add the second specialty restaurant up there.

Edited by clarea

When is this refurb scheduled to happen? I thought Nov. We are scheduled for Feb sailing, and want a nice bug buffer between refurb and sailing. The things I read about Harmony (I realize this is a new ship), and Royals desire to put things on the water that aren't quite ready, has me a little concerned. It my first Royal experience and I am really looking forward to it.

Last I heard it was Oct 16, 2016 to Nov 14, 2016.

These are the dates we were also just told while onboard. Some of the crew will be staying onboard to work during the drydock.

Just booked Adventure for December 2017. Hopefully the upgrades will still feel somewhat refreshed! I have sailed two Voyager class ships before and loved the ships... but it's been a LONG time. I think after my 2nd consecutive cruise this December on an Oasis class, the Adventure will be a nice change of pace. :-)

I just booked AOS for December 2017 and before selecting a stateroom, I pulled up a copy of the deck plans to make sure it was a good location. When I pulled up the deck plans, I had the option to select the deck plans as of today, or for another time (like after dry dock). Maybe the curious ones can check it out and see if it appears to include the post dry dock changes?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=AD&shipProfile=1356

Edited by erby2283

I just booked AOS for December 2017 and before selecting a stateroom, I pulled up a copy of the deck plans to make sure it was a good location. When I pulled up the deck plans, I had the option to select the deck plans as of today, or for another time (like after dry dock). Maybe the curious ones can check it out and see if it appears to include the post dry dock changes?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=AD&shipProfile=1356

This link for deck plans through 2018 does not show the updates.

LOL! Is anything ever 'verified' on Cruise Critic? :D

More importantly is anything ever verified with Royal? They could spend 11 months telling you one thing and then change their minds week before it actually happens.

More importantly is anything ever verified with Royal? They could spend 11 months telling you one thing and then change their minds week before it actually happens.

Very true. But in fairness most if not all companies try to make final decisions for changes to anything as late as possible to include all data possible. It is nice of them to share what they are planning.