Suite Lounge Question

I seem to be reading different info on the

Suite Lounge.... Are you allowed to take drinks out of the lounge or not? It seems as though the official letters from the concierge state that drinks are for consumption in the lounge only, but many people report taking drinks out of the lounge. For example, can I grab a beer or glass of wine during the day and take it back to my cabin in or poolside? What about sodas? Or coffee?

I will be sailing on the Harmony on June 19th - can't wait! I would especially love to hear from anyone who is on the Harmony right now with access to the Suite Lounge. Thanks in advance!

We go on the harmony on Sunday. We'll confirm what happens when we get on the ship but received our letter from the concierge yesterday and looks like they might be removing the free drinks all days. States there is a bar available for purchase during the day and complimentary bar set up from 5-8.30 (although only lists beer, wine, champagne and soft drinks- no mention of spirits!).

Thankfully we have a drinks package included on this cruise but looks like changes could be coming.

Not trying to start new rumours and as I said will confirm what happens on board but looks like Harmony may not be offering the free drinks all day the way the other suite lounges were.

'free' beer and wine at lunch was ONLY for LUNCH *in* the venue. I believe that is no longer even an offering.

officially, no you may NOT bring alcoholic beverages outside during cocktail hour but with rare exceptions that is not widely enforced. many times you can take your last glass wth you on your way to dinner or a show.

the coffee machine is self serve 24/7( when it works) and they do/should provide paper cups to go.

not sure if soda or other non alcoholic beverages are available during the day at all.

'free' beer and wine at lunch was ONLY for LUNCH *in* the venue. I believe that is no longer even an offering.

officially, no you may NOT bring alcoholic beverages outside during cocktail hour but with rare exceptions that is not widely enforced. many times you can take your last glass wth you on your way to dinner or a show.

the coffee machine is self serve 24/7( when it works) and they do/should provide paper cups to go.

not sure if soda or other non alcoholic beverages are available during the day at all.

The free beer and wine was being offered from 11:00am to 11:00pm on ships with a Suite Lounge as of last October when we sailed Oasis. I haven't heard that has changed.

The free beer and wine was being offered from 11:00am to 11:00pm on ships with a Suite Lounge as of last October when we sailed Oasis. I haven't heard that has changed.

Same is true for our Allure cruise sailing tomorrow. Also was offered during our April 2016 cruise on the Oasis.

We go on the harmony on Sunday. We'll confirm what happens when we get on the ship but received our letter from the concierge yesterday and looks like they might be removing the free drinks all days. States there is a bar available for purchase during the day and complimentary bar set up from 5-8.30 (although only lists beer, wine, champagne and soft drinks- no mention of spirits!).

Thankfully we have a drinks package included on this cruise but looks like changes could be coming.

Not trying to start new rumours and as I said will confirm what happens on board but looks like Harmony may not be offering the free drinks all day the way the other suite lounges were.

Thanks for the heads up. Keep us updated. That was an enjoyable perk.

Chip is on the ship at this time and the beer/wine service is still in service

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50097574#post50097574

As far as taking drinks out, no one can predict that for a cruise that has not happened. Go on your cruise and find out for yourself, maybe/maybe not depends on the C. If you use your drink coupon you can get a drink at any bar and walk it anywhere

Edited by setsail

Thanks to all for your replies. We did not purchase a drink package with the anticipation of being able to grab a soda or glass of wine from the lounge during the day from the suite lounge. (No vouchers for us, but we are sailing in a Royal Family Suite with our thee kids). Harmony suite cruisers - please keep sharing your experiences so we can be prepared! Thanks so much!

Allure in March as well. Many people left with drinks and nothing was said.

When on Radiance a year or so ago in Aus JD the concierge didn't have a issue with it. On Explorer last Feb and before we left the lounge for Dinner or sailaway our drinks were always freshened up before we left. Always had great service. Never have had an issue taking drinks with us out of the lounge.

Chip is on the ship at this time and the beer/wine service is still in service

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50097574#post50097574

As far as taking drinks out, no one can predict that for a cruise that has not happened. Go on your cruise and find out for yourself, maybe/maybe not depends on the C. If you use your drink coupon you can get a drink at any bar and walk it anywhere

Suite denizens do not get the vouchers.

Walked out of CK last night on Harmony with glass of wine in hand: no issue. Freely flowing top ups during dinner too.

On the bar was the laminated print out if what drinks were available during the Diamond "hour".

Raj is great and Rico is the best waiter in there. Beautiful lounge.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

We were offered "to go" cups. They said a lot of the issue is not having enough glassware in the lounge when everyone took their drinks out but they were more than happy to switch it over for us. We love the service in the concierge lounges, they work so hard to make you happy!

We always do, has something changed?

Are you D or D+? We are, and we always get them when we sail in our suite.

MM might have been thinking about non-D members, who would not get 3 "coupons".