Brilliance "special" cabins?

What is the noise like in the cabins on any floor surrounding the Centrum? How late does the music generally play? Can someone who is a normal(not light) sleeper, sleep thru it with earplugs?

There are mixed reviews on that issue.

It CAN be very loud. They close the firedoors at night, but then they sometimes slam when people use them.

What is the noise like in the cabins on any floor surrounding the Centrum? How late does the music generally play? Can someone who is a normal(not light) sleeper, sleep thru it with earplugs?

It can be very loud in staterooms near the centrum. Sometimes ear plugs won't help much with the thumpa thumpa bass sounds. I'd want to be at least 5 staterooms away from the opening to the centrum.

We had a hump cabin on deck 8, would not book it again because of the noise. On our sailing, which was a couple years ago, they did not close the firedoors on our side of the centrum. Some nights the music went until midnight, DH slept through it, me, not so much.

I found it very loud on my cruise and it went to 11pm - midnight every night. Went out on my balcony and that cut the noise quite a bit. For me, I would not book a stateroom close to the Centrum area. I was on deck 8.

Grand Suite 1060.

It's just off the Centrum, but I didn't find there to be a noise problem. Due to the location next to the outside elevators, it has a huge balcony. We didn't have an issue with chair scraping even though it's under the Windjammer Veranda seating area.

All in all it's a great location.

Nothing special about the cabin itself, beyond the fact it's a grand suite.

We had 2 Grand Suites on Deck 10 across from elavators. NO PROBLEM with NOISE. Music as I recall was over before 11 but we heard nothing. Just booked balcony next to elevators on Deck 9 on Brilliance off Centrum and do not expect any issues. We loved our GS cabins on Jewel so much we booked them for 2nd cruise.

We had 2 Grand Suites on Deck 10 across from elavators. NO PROBLEM with NOISE. Music as I recall was over before 11 but we heard nothing. Just booked balcony next to elevators on Deck 9 on Brilliance off Centrum and do not expect any issues. We loved our GS cabins on Jewel so much we booked them for 2nd cruise.

You sailed on Jewel, prior to its revitalization. The noise issue with the Centrum came post revitalization with the upgrade to the sound system and the aerial shows in the Centrum.

Thanks everyone, just trying to be prepared as I'm planning on booking the brilliance for April while I'm on enchantment next week.

-Matt

Matt,

We have booked cabin 9092 on April 8 sailing of Brilliance. On Deck 9 next to elevators off Centrum. Love the location.

Grand Suite 1060.

It's just off the Centrum, but I didn't find there to be a noise problem. Due to the location next to the outside elevators, it has a huge balcony. We didn't have an issue with chair scraping even though it's under the Windjammer Veranda seating area.

All in all it's a great location.

Nothing special about the cabin itself, beyond the fact it's a grand suite.

We did hear noise from Deck 11 when we were on Deck 10 that is why we moved down to Deck 9.

We are on vacation and do not have to be up early. So what's a little music until 11 or so?

Grace

You sailed on Jewel, prior to its revitalization. The noise issue with the Centrum came post revitalization with the upgrade to the sound system and the aerial shows in the Centrum.

Some music is noise, most music is entertainment. Love Centrum shows and stay up for them. To us much better than theater shows. To each his own!

Grace

I'm with you regarding the aft cabins but try to keep it quiet.... we don't want everyone wanting one, do we? My husband and I will be sailing on the Brilliance in 16 days' time and have cabin 8172, a D1 aft cabin with a spacious and totally private balcony that looks out over the wake of the ship. We don't mind the extra walk to get there as the additional exercise helps burn off those naughty calories!

I'm with you regarding the aft cabins but try to keep it quiet.... we don't want everyone wanting one, do we? My husband and I will be sailing on the Brilliance in 16 days' time and have cabin 8172, a D1 aft cabin with a spacious and totally private balcony that looks out over the wake of the ship. We don't mind the extra walk to get there as the additional exercise helps burn off those naughty calories!

I've narrowed it down to which ever deck 8 aft D1's are available next week when i book :)

-Matt

• 4 weeks later...
My fiancé and I got 1100 for our wedding cruise on April 8th:D

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

This cabin will make it a perfect wedding cruise. We have the same cabin for our Jewel TA/Greek Island B2B April 23rd.