Come on NCL release the future itineraries!

hladygirl

All the ships I want to book in the fall of 2017 have not become available yet. What is going on with NCL? These should have been released a while ago.

It depends on which ships you want and where you want to go. We want the Star's Asia cruises in early 2018 but don't expect the Star cruises to be available till much later in 2016 or even early-middle 2017 as NCL have not cruised this area before.

Mike

It depends on which ships you want and where you want to go. We want the Star's Asia cruises in early 2018 but don't expect the Star cruises to be available till much later in 2016 or even early-middle 2017 as NCL have not cruised this area before.

Probably still waiting for the Joy itineraries to settle down. NCL may decide that based on 2016 bookings, that the market won't sustain two ships. Or that the cost of repositioning from Venice to Dubai to Hong Kong is too great. The current repositioning cruises still have a lot of availability and 40 days to reposition from Rome to Hong Kong is a long time with a light load.

The current repositioning cruises still have a lot of availability and 40 days to reposition from Rome to Hong Kong is a long time with a light load.

The Star is taking a lot more than 40 days to get from Rome to Hong Kong; it is 42 days from Rome to Singapore. The whole of the Star itinerary is almost repositioning as it is doing little repeated cruising in Asia this time. Compare with the cruising the Sun did in South America.

Noticed next years sailings on Escape do not include an 8 day like this years. Maybe I am reading it wrong, but I wonder why not ? Great sailing and intineraries I believe for the Eastern Caribbean. Gerry.

I think the reason Escape has 6 day Western and 8 day Eastern (these 2 can be combined as one 14 day West & East) this Aug is Getaway is down in Rio de Janeiro for the month of August.

I think the reason Escape has 6 day Western and 8 day Eastern (these 2 can be combined as one 14 day West & East) this Aug is Getaway is down in Rio de Janeiro for the month of August.

Thanks bluesea. Noticed Getaway is blocked the whole month of August and has a 2 day early September cruise. Must have to do with coming back. How did you know this ? Is this something chartered ? Do they do this often ? The 8 day Eastern with that added St. Maarten stop is great though IMO. Too bad they don't do that at least a few times a summer regularly. Regards Gerry.

Edited by buckeye rob

Probably still waiting for the Joy itineraries to settle down. NCL may decide that based on 2016 bookings, that the market won't sustain two ships. Or that the cost of repositioning from Venice to Dubai to Hong Kong is too great. The current repositioning cruises still have a lot of availability and 40 days to reposition from Rome to Hong Kong is a long time with a light load.

I thought the Joy was targetted at Chinese cruisers, and Star at anyone wanting a far east cruise.

If one billion Chinese cant sell out the Joy each week, someone needs firing.

Thanks bluesea. Noticed Getaway is blocked the whole month of August and has a 2 day early September cruise. Must have to do with coming back. How did you know this ? Is this something chartered ? Do they do this often ? The 8 day Eastern with that added St. Maarten stop is great though IMO. Too bad they don't do that at least a few times a summer regularly. Regards Gerry.

It's been a known fact for over a year. Getaway is housing American personnel during the Summer Olympics.

She is off the radar from 24th July until 2nd Sept, 2016.

A colleague of mine is on the 8 day Escape in Aug.

It's been a known fact for over a year. Getaway is housing American personnel during the Summer Olympics.

She is off the radar from 24th July until 2nd Sept, 2016.

A colleague of mine is on the 8 day Escape in Aug.

Thanks bluesea. Right after my post I googled "where is Norwegian Getaway in August "and the Olympics story popped up. Interesting. Never thought of a portable hotel. They also mentioned Getaway I believe participated in a Superbowl in NYC. Is your friend on the August 20 sailing ? Regards Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

Has anyone heard anything if NCL will be doing a Fall 2017 Mid East cruise similar to the Star Dubai -Venice on March 27,2017. Have been faithfully watching/searching - Petra is on my bucket list but prefer to do it in the fall because of family obligations. Thanks much.

Carley

Thanks bluesea. Right after my post I googled "where is Norwegian Getaway in August "and the Olympics story popped up. Interesting. Never thought of a portable hotel. They also mentioned Getaway I believe participated in a Superbowl in NYC. Is your friend on the August 20 sailing ? Regards Gerry

Yes, The Getaway was used as a floating hotel January/ February 2014. I was on the cruise from Southampton to New York City.

Yes, The Getaway was used as a floating hotel January/ February 2014. I was on the cruise from Southampton to New York City.

Have you seen the news this morning that The Jewel will be in Australia beginning in mid November 2017 until March of 2018?

Norwegian has just announced for the Fall of 2017:

The Jewel- Australia and new Zealand

The Dawn- Winter homeport San Juan

The Pearl- Winter homeport New Orleans

The Breakaway: New Western Caribbean itinerary

Still waiting for Tampa, Fall of 2017.

Why is NCL not available yet?

I've already booked (did it 2 months ago) a RCL cruise out of Tampa for April 2018.

And RCL has Tampa cruises listed for Fall of 2017 too.

Edited by Rdytogo2