Cruising concerns

Corners are cut parallel to cost cuts.:( It's the little extras we used to get while cruising that made it special. With these slowly diminishing we may as well stay at home. But then I would have to wash up!

You might want to do some reading here. For example, changing the channels available on the TV is not just a matter of flipping a switch or two. Satellite television licenses are expensive for 1000 or more TVs on a cruise ship. Plus I understand there are some legal issues with Australian channels being shown.

We have over 200 days on HAL, with 2 more cruises (total 37 days) booked. That doesn't make our opinion any more meaningful that anyone else's.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Hmmm. On our Radiance Sydney/NZ/Perth cruise last November I seem to recall having OZ TV across the Bite - a pleasant surprise. Seems it was beamed from somewhere in Qld due to the ads. If RCI can do it, why not Princess?

You're right Bruce about the yank TV. Depending on which channel you watch its either R or D promotion with very little news. At least Princess has a plentiful supply of free movies, best I've seen so far, as an alternative.

Dare I say it? Another 'Whingeing Aussie.' I don't accept most of his grievances. If he does not like Princess, well try another cruise line, plenty out there.

If the complainant wants 5 star luxury cruising fork out and go with Regency, Azamara, Oceania etc. You get what you pay for.

Edited by NSWP

Have to agree with him on the dining room chairs on Dawn Princess. They were quite low. Also some of the sofas in the Wheelhouse Bar and Magnums were decidedly saggy. The chairs and sofas were fine on Sun and Golden though.

I also wasn't impressed by the quality of the meals on Dawn. Although I don't think they'd been "sitting and stewing", they sometimes showed a lack of quality control in both the cooking and the presentation compared with those on Sun and Golden.

However neither of these issues put us off Princess, our recent cruise on Golden restored our faith, and we're looking forward to being back aboard Sun in just over three months time. :)

Have to agree with him on the dining room chairs on Dawn Princess. They were quite low. Also some of the sofas in the Wheelhouse Bar and Magnums were decidedly saggy. The chairs and sofas were fine on Sun and Golden though.

I also wasn't impressed by the quality of the meals on Dawn. Although I don't think they'd been "sitting and stewing", they sometimes showed a lack of quality control in both the cooking and the presentation compared with those on Sun and Golden.

However neither of these issues put us off Princess, our recent cruise on Golden restored our faith, and we're looking forward to being back aboard Sun in just over three months time. :)

Chairs were low on Diamond too, but then Mrs Gut's backside is close to the ground at any time.

Dare I say it? Another 'Whingeing Aussie.' I don't accept most of his grievances. If he does not like Princess, well try another cruise line, plenty out there.

If the complainant wants 5 star luxury cruising fork out and go with Regency, Azamara, Oceania etc. You get what you pay for.

I agree.....if one cruises to watch television, well.....you have different reasons to me.

Chairs were low on Diamond too, but then Mrs Gut's backside is close to the ground at any time.

Actually on Golden there were two different styles of chair at our six person table. One was lower than the other, but not as low as the ones on Dawn. I'm average height and I found the Dawn chairs quite low, and I did notice some people had been supplied with cushions.

I was also surprised by the American-only TV on the Regal Princess (cruising the Baltic), but then it didn't occur to me that they might have to pay a licence to be able to show European TV. If that's the case then I can understand why they wouldn't do it, IF it's a per-TV licence rather than a per-business licence. It would be interesting to know what the situation is, I've tried Googling to no avail.

However, there is no TV licence in Australia and I've installed satellite dishes in Australian businesses without having to pay any licences of any kind, so I can't see what licence Princess would have to pay in Australian waters?

As for watching TV on a cruise - I didn't watch it much either, but it is nice when you get back to the cabin after a long excursion, to be able to collapse on the bed and take a few minutes to catch up with what's happening in the world. The US news is (naturally) focussed on what's happening in the US.

Edited by Marisawrite

Actually on Golden there were two different styles of chair at our six person table. One was lower than the other, but not as low as the ones on Dawn. I'm average height and I found the Dawn chairs quite low, and I did notice some people had been supplied with cushions.

Anything that brings my mouth closer to the food is fine by me.:D

Yes your elbows tend to stick up in the air.:D

Ah but there's nothing like getting your snout in the trough. I saw several examples of this on a recent Carnival cruise. I know people tend to overload their plates at the buffet but I was disgusted at the wastage on this particular cruise.

I'll admit that the wife and I load our plates too, but we eat the lot.

Another alias from ? Southo ?

I don't think so, because he also posted on FB and links to a blog, I think just a moaner and maybe trying to get clicks on his blog to make a few $$$$.