Sushi on Five Replaces Bistro on Five Across Celebrity Cruises Fleet

LauraS

• 3 months later...
Check out the latest Celebrity Cruises news from Cruise Critic:

Sushi on Five Replaces Bistro on Five Across Celebrity Cruises Fleet

I note the menu says there is an 18% service charge added to the check !!!! i dont think so !!! my gratuities have been paid and any other will beat my discretion , as i have the premium drinks package i dont pay on individual drinks

!!

Apparently they didn't ask any of us for an opinion, or it would still be the same Bistro on 5. :D

Our alternative to the MDR and buffet for lunch and breakfast is the Spa Cafe, which has egg white omelets made to order; yogurt parfaits; salads and other healthy or just light selections....and I'm probably going to be sorry I told everyone! :D

Its already crowded...esp for lunch. On our last cruise folks lined up early to order the salmon and chicken....not worth the wait...We'll try to get it the first day before the crowds increase.

I note the menu says there is an 18% service charge added to the check !!!! i dont think so !!! my gratuities have been paid and any other will beat my discretion , as i have the premium drinks package i dont pay on individual drinks

That's on the drinks menu. It's the standard gratuity that they add to all beverages. (for those who don't have a package).

For whoever interested ,we were in RS on Silhouette,and Sushi 5 WAS included in "perks".

Thank you, thank you! I was literally just scouring the board trying to figure this out. Was it unlimited, or did you have a $30 (or other) limit?

Unlimited...we ate there 4 times (12-night cruise)

You've made my day.

If you have any specific recommendations, would love to hear them. I assume you must have loved it based on the frequency with which you dined there!

you are welcome Krista

My wife is more of a sushi fan,but I really enjoyed it!! we tried just about all of sushi varieties,and liked them all...best quality sushi I have had..

which ship are you going on?

We will be on the Equinox in November and the Reflection in May. Hope our experience is as great as yours. Thank you again!!!

I agree with those predicting Sushi on 5 will fail. The à la carte pricing is a big mistake. Paying $5 per person for Bistro on 5 was nominal, but $10 was pushing it with "free" (or already paid for) options available.

Looking forward to seeing what is Next on 5!

We looked forward to Bistro on 5 as it was a peaceful place for lunch. Wasn't happy when it went from $5pp to $10pp. Neither of us enjoy sushi so guess we'll have to find another quiet spot, darn

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's not all about Sushi. My better half isn't fond of sushi, but loved the pork and lobster ramens as well as the udon.

Since complimentary sushi was so popular in the Oceanview, I have to think people's dislike for Sushi on 5 isn't so much the type of food being served, but the fact it now comes at an extra cost.

Bistro on 5 was a ghost town. I rarely saw more than a few tables occupied.

The food IMO was boring, not French and not good.

It was a loser.

I'm looking forward to trying the new sushi restaurant. The menu looks like Celebrity is making an effort. They are moving away from inclusive low food cost dining to higher grade fare at an extra cost. Good.

I agree with those predicting Sushi on 5 will fail.

Bistro on 5 was a ghost town. I rarely saw more than a few tables occupied.

The food IMO was boring, not French and not good.

It was a loser.

I'm looking forward to trying the new sushi restaurant. The menu looks like Celebrity is making an effort. They are moving away from inclusive low food cost dining to higher grade fare at an extra cost. Good.

Kevin as are many of the thousands of people that cruise on Celebrity that are not on CC.

If the first opening on the Reflection were not an overwhelming success, it would not have been put into the refresh plans for every ship in the fleet.

We tried Sushi on 5 last month on the Silhouette. They were advertising/pitching every day just as we got onboard after security. The deal was a set price $40 I think for an entire meal.

The food was good. Be careful about ordering noodles to start. You will not have much appetite to eat anything else. Very filling. We do not do true Sushi so I can't comment on that. There was a large table of crew/friends nearby that really seem to be enjoying themselves with the sashimi offerings.

It's a strange space. Lovely décor but with the blinds opened your view is of all of the smokers congregated and chatting. No problem with them but it did not add to the experience.

We enjoyed the food but it was just a one time experience venue for us. However, if they had a bar that was exclusive to the venue we would go back every day for the cocktails. The Jalapeno infused Japanese something cocktail was fabulous! Only problem was the wait time since Sushi 5 does not have a dedicated bar.

I'm wondering how this change will impact suite guests who are able to dine in Luminae? Before on port days, since Luminae was closed for lunch, suite guests could done in Bistro on 5 for no charge. Does this same rule now carry over to Sushi on 5?

If you have the unlimited Specialities with your room yes but don't know about Sky and CS. Will try and find our in 2 weeks time.

We tried Sushi on 5 last month on the Silhouette. They were advertising/pitching every day just as we got onboard after security. The deal was a set price $40 I think for an entire meal.

On the Relection last Spring the menu was not a set price rather a la carte and nowhere near $40 per meal. It was empty most days and staff were hard selling this venue.

Edited by Oville

On the Relection last Spring the menu was not a set price rather a la carte and nowhere near $40 per meal. It was empty most days and staff were hard selling this venue.

It is still a la carte but that was the price they were offering for an entire meal or all you cared to eat. It was not written anywhere. Just what we were offered as a promotion when we were boarding the ship after a day on shore. They were definitely trying to sell the product. While we enjoyed our one experience it was not something we wanted to repeat during our cruise. Once a cruise maybe.

On Solstice now. Had lunch at Sushi on5 and it was very good Bu at $37 for lunch, sorry, not going back. It was not busy for the 10 days either at lu ch or dinner. But, then, neither was Bistro on 5. Celebrity can't seem to figure out this space.

The Jalapeno infused Japanese something cocktail was fabulous!

That's the Agave Sunrise you're talking about, and I loved it, too. Jalapeño infused Grey Goose, lemon and cucumber juice, agave syrup and basil. I'm not sure where they make them, but mine came quickly.

On Solstice now. Had lunch at Sushi on5 and it was very good Bu at $37 for lunch, sorry, not going back. It was not busy for the 10 days either at lu ch or dinner. But, then, neither was Bistro on 5. Celebrity can't seem to figure out this space.

We're on Millie now and they've been offering 30% off whatever tab you run up.

The food was good. Be careful about ordering noodles to start. You will not have much appetite to eat anything else. Very filling. We do not do true Sushi so I can't comment on that. There was a large table of crew/friends nearby that really seem to be enjoying themselves with the sashimi offerings.

It's a strange space. Lovely décor but with the blinds opened your view is of all of the smokers congregated and chatting. No problem with them but it did not add to the experience.

We enjoyed the food but it was just a one time experience venue for us. However, if they had a bar that was exclusive to the venue we would go back every day for the cocktails. The Jalapeno infused Japanese something cocktail was fabulous! Only problem was the wait time since Sushi 5 does not have a dedicated bar.

Was that per person? :eek: For lunch ? :eek:

Also, anyone have any experience with just getting a drink in there?

The drinks sound WAY more interesting than the food offerings and I could see stopping for one late afternoon or evening.

We tried Sushi on 5 last month on the Silhouette. They were advertising/pitching every day just as we got onboard after security. The deal was a set price $40 I think for an entire meal

I could never eat $40 worth of food at Sushi on 5. I was very full every time I ate there and the bill each of three times was approximately $30 total. We did get a 30% discount each time, but that still means that for the two of us the total bill was $42.