Pre-made Sandwiches in Lido

EDLOS

Then there is group 5 which is my group - the people who can not figure out how we can possibly have nearly 300 posts on sandwiches. Who cares!

DON

Don, You just made my morning!!! My vacation, which is usually about three weeks long each year, involves land, sea ,& many, many other things that do not revolve around a sandwich. Others have vacations in which sandwiches are apparently very, very important. And the dissection of how many posts on this thread is hilarious. I find much humor in that actually.

Don, You just made my morning!!! My vacation, which is usually about three weeks long each year, involves land, sea ,& many, many other things that do not revolve around a sandwich. Others have vacations in which sandwiches are apparently very, very important. And the dissection of how many posts on this thread is hilarious. I find much humor in that actually.

Just to add to your day, there is a multi-hundred thread somewhere on CC about lanyards. Perhaps the moderators could combine the 2 threads.

Found it - it is only 150 posts - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2316174&highlight=lanyards

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Then there is group 5 which is my group - the people who can not figure out how we can possibly have nearly 300 posts on sandwiches. Who cares!

DON

If you don't care why are you both reading and posting to the thread???

If you don't care why are you both reading and posting to the thread???

Its such great entertainment to see how upset people get about sandwiches. When you go ashore do they have custom made sandwiches in every port or do you stay on the ship due to lack of sandwiches;)?

NO but at least on shore you have a larger choice of sandwiches. On the ship you have approximately 5 choice and 2 are no meat. I had a roast beef sandwich that included 2- 2 inches thick cut of loaf of bread, enough mayonnaise for 3 sandwiches 1 THINLY sliced piece of roast beef, lettuce and two piece of pickle. How about a ham and Brie? or perhaps a butter and cheese sandwich? If I had paid of this sandwich on shore you can bet I would have taken it back. These sandwiches are made early in the morning and set out on the serving line all day and they are not kept in a cool area on the serving line. The manager of the lido total us that this was a corporate decision that they had NO voice in. It seems like the sandwiches they are making are load with fillers like huge amounts of bread with little meat. We just got off the Maasdam, July 4th and the overall quality of the food was worse than Golden Corral or Denny's. NO imagination in the menus.

.... These sandwiches are made early in the morning and set out on the serving line all day and they are not kept in a cool area on the serving line. .....

I believe HAL follows the strict 4 hour food rule, and has zero interest making anyone sick. It is okay to not like these sandwiches but absent facts to the contrary, please don't malign HAL's food safety guidelines.

Edited by OlsSalt

Bobocasy,

You were told, as you posted, by a Lido Manager that the change in sandwich offerings was a corporate decision.

Then, please explain the posting today of a CC member on Westerdam that stated both the pre-made and the custom made sandwich option was available.

Edited by rkacruiser

Its such great entertainment to see how upset people get about sandwiches. When you go ashore do they have custom made sandwiches in every port or do you stay on the ship due to lack of sandwiches;)?

I typically have lunch on the ship. I already paid for it.

Bobocasy,

You were told, as you posted, by a Lido Manager that the change in sandwich offerings was a corporate decision.

Then, please explain the posting today of a CC member on Westerdam that stated both the pre-made and the custom made sandwich option was available.

Not all ships have switched as yet.....

I believe HAL follows the strict 4 hour food rule, and has zero interest making anyone sick. It is okay to not like these sandwiches but absent facts to the contrary, please don't malign HAL's food safety guidelines.

And have you personally seen someone swapping out sandwiches? I didn't on my last cruise...

And have you personally seen someone swapping out sandwiches? I didn't on my last cruise...

Passenger intentional contamination is another issue - the prior charge against HAL was "leaving early made sandwiches out all day at improper temperatures".

Passenger intentional contamination is another issue - the prior charge against HAL was "leaving early made sandwiches out all day at improper temperatures".

I was speaking of staff swapping out outdated (outtimed?) product...

I am currently on the Westerdam, getting ready to leave for Alaska. They have both pre-made sandwiches and someone is making custom sandwiches. At least for today they have both.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Good news that both types of sandwiches are available.

Have a fabulous cruise.

This is the most entertaining thread on the HAL board right now. I'm loving it!

Personally, when I'm in port, I like to eat something local. I'm looking forward to the Taku Lodge salmon bake in Juneau on my anniversary in a couple weeks, and I've heard there is a great fish and chips food truck in Sitka.

I am currently on the Westerdam, getting ready to leave for Alaska. They have both pre-made sandwiches and someone is making custom sandwiches. At least for today they have both.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Well, that is good news indeed :). Especially since there weren't on our 33 day cruise that ended in May. Maybe someone is listening ? ;)

This is the most entertaining thread on the HAL board right now. I'm loving it!

Personally, when I'm in port, I like to eat something local. I'm looking forward to the Taku Lodge salmon bake in Juneau on my anniversary in a couple weeks, and I've heard there is a great fish and chips food truck in Sitka.

I like to eat local and enjoy the culture in port too.

When I am sea for several days the only option is the ship's food ;). When you have 8 of them in a row, it's nice to have something you enjoy ;)

WE just got off the Maasdam on JULY 4th and lunch time sandwiches were all pre made. There was NOT an option for a made to order sandwich, perhaps if you could find a staff member you might have been able to special request for a made to order sandwich. But when I talked to the manager of Lido, about this specific problem, he DID NOT offer this as a solution. As for the sandwiches being set out on the serving station, they are in a basket and the basket in on the service station.

Edited by Bobocasey

I've read and watched this thread thru all 300 plus posts and I will now interject my 2 cents! Throughout every one of our 300 plus days of cruising on HAL I from time to time enjoy a nice salad and sandwich for lunch. But I do like to choose my bread and choices of additives. I have had the pre made and as others have commented I also did not care for them at all. Will this change affect my choice of HAL for cruising, NOPE! I don't agree with their change in this practice but if this is a "done deal" I'll select something else. But at the same time I also plan to make my feelings known to HAL, for what it's worth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read and watched this thread thru all 300 plus posts and I will now interject my 2 cents! Throughout every one of our 300 plus days of cruising on HAL I from time to time enjoy a nice salad and sandwich for lunch. But I do like to choose my bread and choices of additives. I have had the pre made and as others have commented I also did not care for them at all. Will this change affect my choice of HAL for cruising, NOPE! I don't agree with their change in this practice but if this is a "done deal" I'll select something else. But at the same time I also plan to make my feelings known to HAL, for what it's worth!

Exxactly my sentiments.

WE just got off the Maasdam on JULY 4th and lunch time sandwiches were all pre made. There was NOT an option for a made to order sandwich, perhaps if you could find a staff member you might have been able to special request for a made to order sandwich. But when I talked to the manager of Lido, about this specific problem, he DID NOT offer this as a solution. As for the sandwiches being set out on the serving station, they are in a basket and the basket in on the service station.

I appreciate you replying to my post directed at your comment. Thank you.