Change in Carnival Loyalty Program

volmoma

Personally I value the Platinum perks quite a bit. We earned Platinum the old way with 10 cruises, and we're about 10 days short of the current criteria for Platinum. I will be disappointed if they reduce our benefits.

I despise standing in lines and waiting, so right off the bat it saves us $60 from not having to purchase FTTF.

We also enjoy packing light (no more than 3-4 days' worth of stuff, no matter how long the trip) so the laundry perk is quite valuable too as it saves us from spending time in the guest laundry.

The rest of the perks are less valuable to us. The free drink means nothing to us as we buy Cheers. The Past Guest Party is kind of fun, but again the value is diluted by purchasing Cheers.

Everyone will value these things differently.

Edited by gtalum

Did they make the change announcement already? Did I miss it?

Did not miss a thing! However everyone is worked up over what might or might not happen with the nays taking the lead in the most objections to things not announced yet!

Staggered embarkation that they are rolling out may put a crimp in your get there early and get on in zone 1 plans.

Staggered CHECK IN. Anyone else feel like giving up on this one?

Did not miss a thing! However everyone is worked up over what might or might not happen with the nays taking the lead in the most objections to things not announced yet!

Staggered CHECK IN. Anyone else feel like giving up on this one?

Correct checkin.....point still valid.

Edited by jimbo5544

• 2 weeks later...
Personally I value the Platinum perks quite a bit. We earned Platinum the old way with 10 cruises, and we're about 10 days short of the current criteria for Platinum. I will be disappointed if they reduce our benefits.

I despise standing in lines and waiting, so right off the bat it saves us $60 from not having to purchase FTTF.

We also enjoy packing light (no more than 3-4 days' worth of stuff, no matter how long the trip) so the laundry perk is quite valuable too as it saves us from spending time in the guest laundry.

The rest of the perks are less valuable to us. The free drink means nothing to us as we buy Cheers. The Past Guest Party is kind of fun, but again the value is diluted by purchasing Cheers.

Everyone will value these things differently.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that everyone despises standing in lines. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that enjoys standing in lines.

"Hey, honey. What do you want to do for vacation this summer?"

"I know. Let's go to Disney World at peak times and just stand in line at Space Mountain and Splash Mountain all day long."

:) :D

We were fortunate enough to get to platinum under the old 10 cruise plan, we took three cruises one year to hit the goal. As of our most recent cruise we hit 75 sea days.

Id love to see carnival corp wide perks as well. I want to book on HA but don't want the dreaded blue card.

Cracks me up when I read....I earned X level the hard way...I booked X cruises and..... I mean really? In the scheme of things...who cares....why does it matter? Congratulations, you are a blank member of Carnival loyalty program.... It is not like they allow MR. got it the hard way head of the line privilege over Mr. played the system. Truth is, most of the crew find the levels of loyalty ultra annoying as passengers frequently flaunt their tier to gain superiority over others.

Cracks me up when I read....I earned X level the hard way...I booked X cruises and..... I mean really? In the scheme of things...who cares....why does it matter? Congratulations, you are a blank member of Carnival loyalty program.... It is not like they allow MR. got it the hard way head of the line privilege over Mr. played the system. Truth is, most of the crew find the levels of loyalty ultra annoying as passengers frequently flaunt their tier to gain superiority over others.

Well spoken.......from guy who has 70 Cruises Completed in his signature line.

Edited by HawkIVette

We were fortunate enough to get to platinum under the old 10 cruise plan, we took three cruises one year to hit the goal. As of our most recent cruise we hit 75 sea days.

Id love to see carnival corp wide perks as well. I want to book on HA but don't want the dreaded blue card.

I am with you there, booked first Princess in Nov, I like priority checking in, boarding and disembarkation.

On HAL, everyone has the same card. No one would know you are a newbie with them except the # of little stars on it. Trust me, they are so small, you better be prepared to be "personal" with someone to see them.

With the exception of the "Welcome Back" luncheon, there is no real advantages on HAL until you get to 4 stars.

Sorry gang this topic is going no where. I stay at Holiday Inn all the time and never get any thing from them and think nothing of it and I pay a whole lot more per night. OK I'm Diamond but that's not why I cruise Carnival. I prefer the service. That being said I strongly object to the new room service menu I was offered on my last cruise.(Would you like service once a day or twice a day?) Now I ask you? Another change I object strongly to is in the MDR. No more table cloths on the tables at dinner. Over night Carnival's 4 star dinning rooms went to a 2 star affair. After many years of cruising Carnival I am now considering another cruise line. We did not like Princess or NCL so maybe back to RCCL. We will see.In the mean time enjoy all your cruises and think positive.

Edited by woodman

Sorry gang this topic is going no where. I stay at Holiday Inn all the time and never get any thing from them and think nothing of it and I pay a whole lot more per night. OK I'm Diamond but that's not why I cruise Carnival. I prefer the service. That being said I strongly object to the new room service menu I was offered on my last cruise.(Would you like service once a day or twice a day?) Now I ask you? Another change I object strongly to is in the MDR. No more table cloths on the tables at dinner. Over night Carnival's 4 star dinning rooms went to a 2 star affair. After many years of cruising Carnival I am now considering another cruise line. We did not like Princess or NCL so maybe back to RCCL. We will see.In the mean time enjoy all your cruises and think positive.

Carnival spends most of its dollars looking for new cruisers who know nothing of the past and dont realize cruise lines always provided twice a day cabin service.

They will only ask for one time and quickly they can add more rooms to the stewards workloads and reduce their head count.

Think the tablecloths make for a nicer dining room but not a big deal for us.

Do miss the old captains party where you were introduced to the captain.

Cruising is not the elegant vacation it used to be.

Holiday Inn has a marketing program:

http://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/us/en/enjoy-rewards?cm_sp=OSMGL-6C-US-EN-EJ1-I-MAN-MemberBenefits-Default

How many times a day does Holiday Inn service your room? On Carnival, the default is twice.

A tablecloth is worth 2 stars? Not by any recognized standard that I am aware of. For grins I googled a few programs. One example:

"Tablecloth is used, or equivalently elegant/distinctive table top as related to atmosphere"

either is acceptable, but as you point out, neither cabin servicing nor tablecloths have anything to do with a marketing program.

If you book HAL and let them know you have sailed Carnival before you will be considered a 1 star mariner not a complete newbie.

You stay at Holiday Inn all the time and are not a member of their rewards program???

It's a whole lot easier to get a free hotel stay than it is to earn a free night on a cruise. You can also use points for gift cards and a whole host of other things....

Sorry gang this topic is going no where. I stay at Holiday Inn all the time and never get any thing from them and think nothing of it and I pay a whole lot more per night. OK I'm Diamond but that's not why I cruise Carnival. I prefer the service. ?)That being said I strongly object to the new room service menu I was offered on my last cruise.(Would you like service once a day or twice a day Now I ask you? Another change I object strongly to is in the MDR. No more table cloths on the tables at dinner. Over night Carnival's 4 star dinning rooms went to a 2 star affair. After many years of cruising Carnival I am now considering another cruise line. We did not like Princess or NCL so maybe back to RCCL. We will see.In the mean time enjoy all your cruises and think positive.

Your answer could have been twice a day please. Yes sir, mam, not a problem would be their answer to your request. Or, the card didn't say select one. You select both morning and evening. So, what exactly is your issue with that?

Edited by Rh2458

Your answer could have been twice a day please. Yes sir, mam, not a problem would be their answer to your request. Or, the card didn't say select one. You select both morning and evening. So, what exactly is your issue with that?

The initial cards being given out didnt indicate you could select both and apparently many new passengers just selected one not knowing any better.

The initial cards being given out didnt indicate you could select both and apparently many new passengers just selected one not knowing any better.

The same card you speak of also talked about other things, ice, blankets robes, and again, didn't say just select one. Do you think that someone only thought they were only allowed to check "ice" for example, and not "ice" and "robes". It didn't take me a second to look at the form and see nothing that said "select one" to put a checkmark in the "morning" box and "evening" box.