Sweaty Exercise Clothes

Does anyone have any ideas about what to do with sweaty exercise clothes in a small cabin when there's no self-service laundry? Known options are rinsing them out and having them laundered, but who has better solutions?

Thanks!

Does anyone have any ideas about what to do with sweaty exercise clothes in a small cabin when there's no self-service laundry? Known options are rinsing them out and having them laundered, but who has better solutions?

Thanks!

Send them out to be washed.

Wash them in the sink.

Throw them out.

Those are the first three that come to mind.

Thanks!

... and hang them up to dry. I often wear them in the shower, wash 'em down, take them off to rinse.

Edited by Fouremco

Not saying, but I'm just saying. You could always just take a dip in the pool.

Coming from a person whose wardrobe is 96.732% Dri-fit anyway, I just take a few outfits and wash them out in either the cabin shower or sink and let them dry. Added perk of having a balcony is the decreased drying time.

Thanks!

Everyday the Flowrider is closed at noon for this very purpose. You may wash your clothes in the Flowrider then dry them in the I-FLY. Just make sure you have your name in your clothes. :D

Beverage package cups may also be washed in this manner.

Edited by Ocean Dancer

Everyday the Flowrider is closed at noon for this very purpose. You may wash your clothes in the Flowrider then dry them in the I-FLY. Just make sure you have your name in your clothes. :D

Thanks for the laugh. Laughing so hard my eyes are watering.

Coming from a person whose wardrobe is 96.732% Dri-fit anyway, I just take a few outfits and wash them out in either the cabin shower or sink and let them dry. Added perk of having a balcony is the decreased drying time.

Eeew! That sounds gross, but it really isn't any different than people sweating out by the pool. :)

I like this one. :D

We just wash them in the sink and hang to dry. We always bring strong clips to clip clothes on balcony chairs to dry.

Wash them in the sink with shampoo or bar soap.

Squeeze them out as much a you can.

If you have a balcony, tie or clip them to the chair to dry.

If not, hang them on one of the towel bars in the bathroom. It takes longer but it usually dries by the next day.

I do this with a lot of clothes throughout the voyage...

Bring febreze spray after each work out.

Eww sorry, I would not want to be smelling that combination. :eek: It's well worth it to take a few minutes and wash your workout clothes rather than cover up the odor with a perfumed spray. :)

OP 57eric, I think you probably know there are no other solutions. ;) Just wash them yourself - take them into the shower with you (take them, don't wear them) and wash them in there. Just takes a few minutes. Also, people are mentioning hanging them on the balcony but I have found that hanging them on a hanger and putting them in the closet actually works really well; they are out of sight and there is surprisingly good air-flow in the closet. Try it.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Actually, a better way to help in the drying process is to lay a towel on the floor. Lay the damp clothes on the towel towards one end. Roll the towel up with the clothes in there. Now stand on the rolled up towel and "walk" on it. This gets out so much water it drys a lot faster. We would do this when I was with Pan Am. Didn't have to pack as many uniforms that way. :D

Be sure to get extra towels for this.

1. Dri-fit type (moisture wicking) gym clothes are easy to hand wash and dry in your cabin.

2. You can pack a little laundry detergent or bring some of the Dawn infused paper towels with you (or make your own by applying some detergent to a cut up sponge or some of your own paper towels and store in a zip lock bag).

3. To speed drying time, lay the washed item flat on a bath towel and roll it up tightly while applying pressure to absorb some of the wetness. Unroll and hang to dry.

Personally, I like Merion_Mom's 3rd suggestion of "Throw them out" especially after what happened on our last cruise. My grandsons threw their WET sweaty gym clothes into the plastic dirty laundry bag I had put in their cabin. When we got home and I opened the suitcase and that laundry bag ...!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!

~ Judy

Edited to add: I see ReneeFLL posted about the towel method while I was writing my post. She describes It much better. :D

Edited by FloridaPalms

Wash them in the sink, lay flat on a towel, roll tightly to get out most of the excess water. Clip to the back of a chair on the balcony. Go to dinner and when you return to the cabin, they will most likely be dry..especially if the sun is shining when you clip them out there. Between the sun and the breeze it takes no time.

Besides washing, i get those crystals that are meant to sprinkle in the wash as a scent booster. Fill a pair of socks with them and stick them in your shoes after work out. Those often stink worse than the clothes! Toss a third sock full into the closet just to freshen things up

I have one of these https://thescrubba.com.au/

I take it whenever we travel and use liquid clothes washing detergent.

I once used it to wash clothes for a week in Hong Kong where the weather was very hot and sticky. My hotel room only had a shower and a small sink so it was invaluable. I also use the towel trick to dry clothes.

If you are really opposed to just handwashing a few things:

in theatres we tend to use vodka water (one third vodka, two thirds water) sprayed onto costumes---it takes the scent out, rather than just masking it like febreeze does.

We've even seen it back stage on a couple of our tours.

The trick is, how do you get this onboard? Can't say. I suppose you could bring the spray bottle, buy a vodka from the bar and mix it up once there--I've never used anything but the cheapest vodka for clothes, nothing drinkable, but . . .

We take a little bit of liquid detergent and some magnets with a hook on them. Rinse out what you want cleaned, them put the magnets on the ceiling because it is metal, put the garment on a hanger that we bring, then hang them in the room. Works for us. Make sure you use some strong magnets.

We Agree,, wear them twice or three times NO one will care or probably smell them if you do not put them in a bag to ferment. All our clothes, well with exceptions are easy wash, dry fit, etc. We have been on cruises where we had to do launder almost every day due to the heat(long cruises) a little Dawn in sink wring out and dry with a clean towel from the pool, and our stuff will dry QUICKLY. PS dawn dishwashing soap will take almost anything out, please use very little, it may not be good for the ships waste water.