FAO Bonnie Cruise Docs. Not Being Sent For Our August Quest Cruise

rallydave

Hi Bonnie,

If you remember a couple of weeks ago as a first time Azamara cruiser but, experienced in cruising I asked you what the process was for receiving documents for cruising and how it appeared to be different in different countries based on differing comments on this board.

Well, a week ago a member of our roll call in the US commented on our roll call that they had received their docs and requested luggage tags. We hadn't received anything either from Azamara or our TA about this but, was able to find the luggage tag link on your website and ordered ours. We are on the Quest August 11 Norwegian Fjords Cruise.

Then, not knowing how this other couple received their documents I contacted our great TA to check and see if they had our documents and were going to send them to us. Later that day received an e-mail from our TA with an e-mail from Azamara attached that she received after asking them for a status. She said that Azamara had already sent us the e-mail which included information about the luggage tags and that had as an attachment our cruise documents.

We had not received any e-mail from Azamara and I went back and checked our SPAM filters and nothing from Azamara there either so chalked it up to a glitch for us. Today another member of our roll call commented that they did not have their documents either now a week after the other couple but, had ordered their luggage tags based on the message from last week. We posted this information on the roll call so that others who had not gotten their documents could check with their TA or direct with Azamara to get their documents and order luggage tags.

It appears there may be a systemic problem at Azamara now that at least 2 of us received absolutely nothing from Azamara while at least 1 did receive the e-mail and thought that you might have management look into this as it may be bigger than just our cruise.

This issue also reinforces our earlier request to you to have Azamara post the document process on the website so that if others have this same issue they know not to wait and contact their TA about 6 weeks prior to their cruise plus look for the luggage tag link on the website.

Had we not been CC members with an extremely active roll call with over 10% of the people cruising on our roll call, we would have no idea about this glitch.

Thanks for looking into this and hopefully posting this process as a sticky so others don't have this issue and also talking to the home office to find out how this glitch occurred and fixing this problem for this and other cruises.

Thanks,

I'm curious as to what these documents are, having taken more than a dozen Azamara cruises and having never seen any documents other than the Express Pass I print myself shortly before leaving home. Never needed anything else.

Online we get a booklet that has nothing additional to what we can get elsewhere - if we print it out it would then give us a paper check in form (not needed as we use online) details on how to drive to the dock (can be found on the website) the itinerary etc. About the only additional thing in them are generic phone numbers you would call if there was an issue. I think that is the document being referred to, it is emailed to us but we can also download it online. (We are direct bookers and do not use an agent)

I do agree it would be good if there was clearer information somewhere but it needs to be written to cover direct bookers vs TA bookers and USA vs any other geographical differences.

Online we get a booklet that has nothing additional to what we can get elsewhere - if we print it out it would then give us a paper check in form (not needed as we use online) details on how to drive to the dock (can be found on the website) the itinerary etc. About the only additional thing in them are generic phone numbers you would call if there was an issue. I think that is the document being referred to, it is emailed to us but we can also download it online. (We are direct bookers and do not use an agent)

I do agree it would be good if there was clearer information somewhere but it needs to be written to cover direct bookers vs TA bookers and USA vs any other geographical differences.

Thanks uktog, yes, it is a 16 page document with most of what is included available elsewhere. It is personalized for us and contains what you describe as well as two luggage tags in color with our cabin number included as well as instructions how to use plan paper and make an eight layer tag and where to staple or tape the tag onto the luggage with clear instructions. There is only one tag but, as it is a pdf document, simple to make as many copies as needed for all the luggage.

Does tell you to checkin on line and don't forget the XPress which speeds checkin at the port. Also includes a copy of the cruise contract. Nice information to have but, not completely necessary.

Yes, would be nice if the process was universal and described on the website for those who need this information and have no idea it even exists. And, extremely poor that some people get the notification while others don't and that Azamara tells the TA that it was sent our when it clearly wasn't.

Hope this is something that Bonnie can reach out to Miami and fix. Should not be a problem to fix once the powers that be are informed that the process is flawed.

Appears to be completely unnecessary.

While I don't agree with you saying completely unnecessary, there are a few items included that are needed; the notification that one can now order luggage tags on the website, the luggage tag graphic should ordered ones not be available or arrive in time, the cruise ticket contract as well as a few other nice reminders to avoid issues when trying to board.

Would have appreciated Azamara printing and sending the document as lots of color uses up lots of ink as well as there are still people without internet access as well as printing capability. And did not appreciate the need have to contact them thru our TA only because a nice person on our roll call posted about getting the documents.

We are travelling on 21 July and the usual "button" to download our cruise booklet is missing. We usually print just a few pages with key info such as pier address, emergency contacts, flight and transfer info. I have queried this with our TA who is contacting Azamara to find out what is happening. We have our Xpress pass but it is rather odd to have absolutely nothing else.

Appears to be completely unnecessary.

The document also contains information about pre-cruise hotels and transfers. Given that I don't have a hotel confirmation direct from the hotel, it's nice to have some evidence of my booking when I check in.

We are travelling on 21 July and the usual "button" to download our cruise booklet is missing. We usually print just a few pages with key info such as pier address, emergency contacts, flight and transfer info. I have queried this with our TA who is contacting Azamara to find out what is happening. We have our Xpress pass but it is rather odd to have absolutely nothing else.

That was also our experience when completing the online check in last week.

We could print our Xpress Pass and order luggage tags as usual, but no opportunity to print relevant information from the cruise documents.

This is unlike all of our previous experiences.

That document also served as a useful reminder of information that we might need to consult. Like you, previously we printed those pages that could prove to be especially useful, even the colourful luggage tags :).

Is there another source in the site for that information?

Edited by nordski

The document also contains information about pre-cruise hotels and transfers. Given that I don't have a hotel confirmation direct from the hotel, it's nice to have some evidence of my booking when I check in.

Agree totally.

In our experience, it's important to have the lodging confirmation and we have always been asked for the transfer tickets.

As an aside, have a great cruise!

I agree these documents are needed by cruisers who have made all their arrangements through Azamara whether they have booked through a TA or directly.

We , personally , need the documents for flights, transfers and luggage tags as well as the express pass.

Last year we received an email from Azamara directing us to complete check in and the same infomation from our TA two days later. Our TA will print everything and post them out to us at a cost.

Our cruise departs in 40 days.

We have heard nothing from either Azamara or our TA.

Bonnie, It would be nice to have some idea of a time frame. By this I mean how many weeks before hand should we expect to have received our documents ( or have them available to print ) . We know luggage tags are no longer posted out to the Uk.

After reading this post it has occurred to me that I have no idea when check in should occur and when we should be able to print off our documents. It would be lovely if more experienced Azamara cruisers could advice on this last point.

We have booked a package direct with Azamara UK, which also includes air and transfers, so will be expecting a day hotel token as well as details of our transfer times.

I agree these documents are needed by cruisers who have made all their arrangements through Azamara whether they have booked through a TA or directly.

We , personally , need the documents for flights, transfers and luggage tags as well as the express pass.

Last year we received an email from Azamara directing us to complete check in and the same infomation from our TA two days later. Our TA will print everything and post them out to us at a cost.

Our cruise departs in 40 days.

We have heard nothing from either Azamara or our TA.

Bonnie, It would be nice to have some idea of a time frame. By this I mean how many weeks before hand should we expect to have received our documents ( or have them available to print ) . We know luggage tags are no longer posted out to the Uk.

After reading this post it has occurred to me that I have no idea when check in should occur and when we should be able to print off our documents. It would be lovely if more experienced Azamara cruisers could advice on this last point.

We have our booklet for that cruise - this just highlights the confusion that exists

Might be wrong but I think you have to complete the online check in before edocs are made available. This was the information we received from our TA, and for the last couple of Azamara/Celebrity cruises they have appeared at about 35 days pre cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree totally.

In our experience, it's important to have the lodging confirmation and we have always been asked for the transfer tickets.

As an aside, have a great cruise!

Thanks, nordski. Check your e-mail for a long-overdue missive from your favorite shopper.

I am on the cruise with welshfamily and uktog and don't have my booklet. I am in the U.S.

Edited by hrhdhd

To be honest I am not clear I understand is being requested of me/the home office...

a) Is there a glitch, and some of you are not getting what you expect?

b) The is no glitch but rather you're looking for a firm timeline of when you can/should expect the button to appear?

c) something else altogether?

I will send this thread along to HQ and see what can be done, but would one of you simplify what I am asking?

Thanks Uktog and Riocca for your replies.

Uktog,

Did you just go on MY Azamara and complete the online check in?

We were waiting for the email as this is what happened last year however, if Azamara doesn't always send these out we will try to complete the process this weekend. Unfortunately no time before then. I will post and let others know if this allows us to print the documents.

To be honest I am not clear I understand is being requested of me/the home office...

a) Is there a glitch, and some of you are not getting what you expect?

b) The is no glitch but rather you're looking for a firm timeline of when you can/should expect the button to appear?

c) something else altogether?

I will send this thread along to HQ and see what can be done, but would one of you simplify what I am asking?

Bonnie, not as simple as a, b, or c.

First of all by reading the thread and the many different expectations and prior history by previous cruisers, it is painfully obvious that there is no common process for different companies and not even a standard process for individual countries.

This is why several weeks ago I tried to politely to get you to provide from the home office what the process is. It appears there is no standard process by country or by planed earth so impossible to really answer your questions.

As to b. not even sure there are buttons although I did find a order luggage tags button however other posters have said there used to be a button to get the cruise documents and it now seems to be missing.

We really need what the process is or supposed to be in order to know if things are missing and that would include a timeline as without those pieces and with the varying posts, we have no idea of what we are looking for and where. So no way to find out if something is missing or not yet available.

In my original post I did identify a glitch in that Azamara told my TA that they had sent me an e-mail with documents attached and that did not occur. Also at least 3 people on our Aug. 11 Quest roll call did not receive this e-mail as well. My TA requested the documents and forwarded them to me only because another person on our roll call reported receiving the e-mail from Azamara.

People not on CC have no idea what to expect because the process is not defined or on your website.

Cannot even verify the glitch since don't know what the process is supposed to be although others have reported getting e-mails.

So you see it is a combination of a and b plus a lack of the home office posting what the process is for people to see.

Would think anyone reading all of the comments and problems from people worldwide would understand there are significant issues in having a process and if indeed there is a process, there is no consistent following of this procedure. Process failure and if no process, lack of one causes failures.

And to top things off, just got an e-mail from my TA telling me that my documents are not yet available and will be sent to my TA for forwarding to us in the next few weeks. Again something that so far nobody else mentioned. Have no clue what is going on?????

Hope this helps,

Edited by rallydave

Rally Dave, Celebrity has had the same unsolvable problems for a long time now. Whatever the issue is, it crosses over both platforms. One day, you will probably get what you need but it will likely disappear again.

As for resolving this for the masses, it is probably not going to happen for a while. Good luck. The cruise will be wonderful.

Rally Dave, Celebrity has had the same unsolvable problems for a long time now. Whatever the issue is, it crosses over both platforms. One day, you will probably get what you need but it will likely disappear again.

As for resolving this for the masses, it is probably not going to happen for a while. Good luck. The cruise will be wonderful.

Thanks Jean,

Know we will have a great time and we do have what we need so no worries but, was simply trying to help others as well as AZ. Really too bad how so many cruise lines have wonderful shipboard experiences while the home office and the so called executives have no idea how to take care of their customers.

One cruise line I won't mention is run by the greediest people I have ever seen, is very high priced and customer service is an unknown term. Won't ever be back no matter what.

Hope Bonnie understands the problems and the executives see that changes are necessary.

Thanks,

Perhaps adopt the Oceania system.

You get a personalised colour brochure with all info including check in pass /cabin location restaurant info etc. to confirm (no printing it out Yourself Azamara) also 6 personalised with name luggage tags (sticky so no printing and origami and sellotape).

Ideal as they have name as well as cabin number on for identifying luggage at the most stressful time i.e. disembarcation.

Hi Bonnie

We are based in the UK and our last Az cruise was July 2015. Certainly for the last few years we have always been able to download our edocument brochure from the website. From memory I think the download access button has appeared once we have made our final payment and completed all the passenger information. We are joining the Journey on 21 July and, whilst we have been able to get our express passes, the eDoc is not available from the website.

Our situation is resolved as my TA has provided us with a link to access the eDoc in a PDF. He has always offered to provide our documents in the past but this has been unnecessary because of the website facility. So has this option been removed now? Or is it just a temporary glitch? Would be good to know.

To add to this dilemma, just went to the Azamara site in order to let another cruiser know how to get to the page where the luggage tag link used to be and the link button was replaced by the following:

Luggage Tag Information: We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier.

Very strange how we have been questioning the process and now nobody else can order tags assuming this is strictly the US but, we already know that this problem is for all cruisers in the UK. We'll see in a week or two if I get the tags I ordered or the US is out of luck along with the UK???

The link was there and available yesterday. Strange that such a small number of passengers have exceeded the permissible limits whatever those are.

It is obvious that something is amiss in the AZ documents/luggage tag system if there even is a system. Extremely frustrating and looking forward to being done with dealing with the Miami office and on board the beautiful Quest and enjoying our cruise.

Very strange how we have been questioning the process and now nobody else can order tags assuming this is strictly the US but, we already know that this problem is for all cruisers in the UK. We'll see in a week or two if I get the tags I ordered or the US is out of luck along with the UK???

The link was there and available yesterday. Strange that such a small number of passengers have exceeded the permissible limits whatever those are.

It's my fault, rallydave, I requested luggage tags yesterday after reading this thread, so the system collapsed. ;)

I still don't have my documents; I will call my TA later to ask about them.