Prices

Hello all, I have been lurking on the RCCL website for the past 4 months checking out prices on a spring break cruise, 8 night on Freedom out of Fort

Lauderdale and the prices have been fluctuating between $2900-$3100 for

a Interior cabin for me and my wife and 2 kids(9-12). Now Royal has this special Every 3rd night free and children 12&under sail free. The cruise costs more now than without the specials! $3500. I looks to me that they raised the prices of the cabins before putting out the specials. Is this normal? I love

RCCL and want to stay with them but they seem to be pricing me out. The same cruise on the NCL ship for 1 less night is $2350. Am I being overly price conscious?

Hello all, I have been lurking on the RCCL website for the past 4 months checking out prices on a spring break cruise, 8 night on Freedom out of Fort

Lauderdale and the prices have been fluctuating between $2900-$3100 for

a Interior cabin for me and my wife and 2 kids(9-12). Now Royal has this special Every 3rd night free and children 12&under sail free. The cruise costs more now than without the specials! $3500. I looks to me that they raised the prices of the cabins before putting out the specials. Is this normal? I love

RCCL and want to stay with them but they seem to be pricing me out. The same cruise on the NCL ship for 1 less night is $2350. Am I being overly price conscious?

Yes, it's been "normal" for over two years now. I'd go with the NCL ship.

Sorry you missed the decent pricing. As others have said, this is normal. I would keep an eye out for when this sale ends in a little more than a week. It is possible that prices will drop a bit.

I'm not a fan of NCL so I won't recommend them... :)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

$3500 for an inside cabin...Yikes!. I would watch and wait a bit longer. You have plenty of time. You can always book now with a deposit to secure your cabin and get adjustments when/if the price drops. If it is still to high you can cancel following the schedule to avoid any penalties.

What is the price for two cabins? That might be better anyway

Also, kids sail free does not apply to many sailings

If you are looking at March 18, 2017 two cabins is right at $3,650

Edited by John&LaLa

I did a mock booking and i saw 4 people to an interior on deck 10 was 3541.96 for 4 people. If I do 2 interior rooms on deck 3 its 3316.00. That gives you 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms with a $230 savings. You may consider that?

I did a mock booking and i saw 4 people to an interior on deck 10 was 3541.96 for 4 people. If I do 2 interior rooms on deck 3 its 3316.00. That gives you 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms with a $230 savings. You may consider that?

Wow! That's a no-brainer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sadly this is and will continue to be true...any end in sight of these so called "sales"....my crystal ball says..."Unlikely"....Seems the only chance at lower prices is to book when the new bookings open for something you might consider. Best of luck.

Sadly this is and will continue to be true...any end in sight of these so called "sales"....my crystal ball says..."Unlikely"....Seems the only chance at lower prices is to book when the new bookings open for something you might consider. Best of luck.

this is not correct.

the kids sail free (which ended 20June as i know) lowered the price by at least 500$ for me .

this is not correct.

the kids sail free (which ended 20June as i know) lowered the price by at least 500$ for me .

You're very lucky but my response was in support of what the OP found...usually prices go up just prior to RCI "sales"...some (specific situations) may benefit from a sale but many of us don't any longer....Enjoy your cruise and the $$ you saved.

Edited by Ashland

this is not correct.

Ashland is correct, most of the folks ended up seeing higher numbers. Some lucky people, like yourself, ended up saving money, which is good, but I'd say the vast majority did not. I check these boards a fair amount and also check prices on the cruises that I have booked out, and on all of the sales the last 3-4 months since booking have all been higher in price then when I originally booked.

As has been mentioned, the best thing to do now-a-days is to book right when they come out, and then watch and price check almost daily to see if the price goes down. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't, but you're always better off to book as early as possible and then keep an eye out from there.

Ashland is correct, most of the folks ended up seeing higher numbers. Some lucky people, like yourself, ended up saving money, which is good, but I'd say the vast majority did not. I check these boards a fair amount and also check prices on the cruises that I have booked out, and on all of the sales the last 3-4 months since booking have all been higher in price then when I originally booked.

As has been mentioned, the best thing to do now-a-days is to book right when they come out, and then watch and price check almost daily to see if the price goes down. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't, but you're always better off to book as early as possible and then keep an eye out from there.

hi, i understand your point.

but some of us, are not log time cruisers who cruise many times.

and we do not book a cruise 1.5-2 years in advance (dont know when it actually opens up).

the prices might go up, as this is their pricing system.

that system is not targeted at people that book and try to reduce costs... but to get new business.

Yea I agree with everyone else who says your best chance is to book as early as possible, if you have the extra money to do so for security deposit. You can cancel any time up to the date the cruise must be paid in full. But like myself I booked a cruise a year out in May for next May and since then the prices have just gradually gone up

Am I being overly price conscious?

No. You are being an informed consumer. Only you can place a "value" on a vacation. I have done 29 cruises, 22 on Royal Caribbean. But I place a value on every one of them. I work hard for my money and I want to spend it on something I consider worthwhile. You need to spend your money where you are comfortable. You'd likely enjoy NCL, or any other cruise line. They all have strengths and weaknesses. If you can save a significant amount on NCL, then I'd give it a try. That will definitely allow you to recognize how much "value" Royal Caribbean has for you.

$3500 for an inside cabin...Yikes!. I would watch and wait a bit longer. You have plenty of time. You can always book now with a deposit to secure your cabin and get adjustments when/if the price drops. If it is still to high you can cancel following the schedule to avoid any penalties.

I was thinking yikes too! We only paid $4k for a Royal Family Suite on a 7 night on Liberty for five people. We booked it last year and our sailing is in November. Kind of puts things in perspective. I think the high cost is due to spring break season.

I have to agree...Royal Caribbean has been offering gimmicks disguised as sales for awhile now. Book the cruise you want and then watch prices..if it drops call right away and get lower price. (Prior to 75 days before sailing).

I have found that when there is no sale the prices are the best.

Good luck and I hope your family has a great cruise

I am going on RCCL for the first time on March 18, 2017 on Freedom's 8 night cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. I was able to get 2 promenade cabins for $3188. ($798 per person) They are adjoining so it is perfect! So excited to experience Royal finally!

Did you get that price recently? I can't come anywhere close to that today!

D.