Am I unique? Celebrity pricing error

catperson02

We sail on the Eclipse at the end of July to the Baltics, our first time with Celebrity. I had been a little cross at the fact that American passengers get price drops while we in the UK do not but I paid a price that I was happy with so as the song says I "let it go".

To my great surprise I received an email with yet another set of documents and when I glanced at it I saw that it stated that my balance was -£498 (in credit). After a lengthy call the representative said that my cruise had been priced wrongly with the 123go benefits so they would be refunding the credit to my card. She assured me that my gratuities and drinks packages are still on the reservation although the website wont let me access my reservation to check.

Is this a usual occurrence? I will keep checking to make sure that everything is still on the reservation as soon as the system will let me access it. I am just happy that I have come out on top and the extra money back on my card just before we go is a wonderful surprise.

Never had this issue but had many other issues with the Celebrity website. Keep any invoices they send you and ensure that things don't change from what you currently have and what you've been told. A nice little bonus though?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

.....keep all invoices, emails and date/time/name of people you have spoken to 'just in case'. I don't think I would spend my money yet either....

Sincerely hope this is a genuine error in your favour.

As Chemmo stated, I'd definitely keep all your invoices and ensure you get names etc. of the representatives you communicate with. Great for you if it holds, but X are not consistent with advice. Also ensure you have the same cabin and perks (or more) you started with ;).

.....keep all invoices, emails and date/time/name of people you have spoken to 'just in case'. I don't think I would spend my money yet either....

Sincerely hope this is a genuine error in your favour.

Always a good idea to keep all copies of invoices and dates, times and person you talk to. this is also true for any company you talk to. Many of these companies record their calls and you can then have them reference information.

Quick, run out and buy a lottery ticket! :)

Worst case scenario is you board and find out it's a mistake. Hopefully with the paperwork you are good.

We sail on the Eclipse at the end of July to the Baltics, our first time with Celebrity. I had been a little cross at the fact that American passengers get price drops while we in the UK do not but I paid a price that I was happy with so as the song says I "let it go".

To my great surprise I received an email with yet another set of documents and when I glanced at it I saw that it stated that my balance was -£498 (in credit). After a lengthy call the representative said that my cruise had been priced wrongly with the 123go benefits so they would be refunding the credit to my card. She assured me that my gratuities and drinks packages are still on the reservation although the website wont let me access my reservation to check.

Is this a usual occurrence? I will keep checking to make sure that everything is still on the reservation as soon as the system will let me access it. I am just happy that I have come out on top and the extra money back on my card just before we go is a wonderful surprise.

Take all documents and emails with you.

This was the way things were handled in the U.S. when pre-paid tips were required for Any Time Dining. If you had a perk of the free Gratuities, Celebrity did not have a way not to charge you for them and then within a week they were refunded.

Just part of the poor programing they have on their website.