Majesty vs. Enchantment

My husband and I are taking a last minute trip to FL soon, and I'm debating between booking Enchantment of the Seas leaving from Miami and going to Key West, or booking Majesty of the Seas out of Port Canaveral and going to Nassau.

We will be driving down and staying at Disney the weekend before and Universal the weekend after, so leaving from PC is more convenient. But I know Majesty of the Seas is a smaller ship and is also much older. Our first cruise was on Sovereign of the Seas and we were also engaged on that cruise, so there is a little bit of sentimental value.

On the flip side, I've always wanted to visit Key West. We've done Nassau on just about every cruise, so I don't really care about that port. I'm just wondering if Enchantment of the Seas would be worth the drive to/from Orlando.

We aren't big time cruisers. We've done 4 cruises total: Sovereign, Liberty, Oasis, and Carnival Dream.

Thoughts? Thank you in advance!

No pressure! ;) :D

LOL! Until tonight, I honestly had the ships confused and I thought the nicer ship was leaving from PC and the older ship had the better itinerary. I've seriously driven myself crazy looking at so many itineraries while working out our hotels before and after. I think I need the vacation just from booking this one!

LOL! Until tonight, I honestly had the ships confused and I thought the nicer ship was leaving from PC and the older ship had the better itinerary. I've seriously driven myself crazy looking at so many itineraries while working out our hotels before and after. I think I need the vacation just from booking this one!

That's the way it had been for some time until Majesty and Enchantment switched places with each other earlier this year.

Edited by clarea

Not sure of what cabin type you are looking for or size. Majesty only has balconies with the Suites. Rooms are smaller than most other RCCL ships. We believe Majesty has one of the best crews.

We have the Enchantment booked for a 4 day in September for the cabin and itinerary to Key West and we could be on Majesty in less than an hour. We used to have Enchantment here at PC. We miss her.

Edited by troykahack

We are doing the enchantment this coming September on a 4 nighter. The ports of call were key for us, as we wanted to go back to Key West. Have not been on her before but been on Legend and Splendor which are similar.

My choice would be Enchantment over Majesty.

Steven.

Totally agree.

Yes. We would have booked Majesty more this summer but all the weekends we could go, no Suites were available in JS/GS. We traveled once in May on a OV room and missed the balcony and space. We still loved our cruise and the crew. One of the best Chefs Table. The crew is awesome.

Having sailed on both I have to say Enchantment hands down! I would never choose to cruise on Majesty again. That ship is too small overall and the cabins are tiny. I really enjoyed Enchantment last year and felt it offered enough features and space to keep me happy.

OK, EN is your choice, and it is the right one. Enter this in to your plan . . . I-95 for up to 4 hours, depending on traffic, construction, rest stops, fuel, etc, can be one huge pain in the butt. Parking your car at the port for $$$$. Butt, there are several flights from MCO to MIA, of course at a price. It's a short cab ride from MIA airport to the pier. And you'll get to sea the new tunnel under port of Miami!

I-95 pain and $$$, OR Fly from MCO? Check it out.

R&D

good choice.....I prefer the itinerary out of Miami...Key West is great!

Enchantment has a better pool deck. If you like the solarium that's also a bonus.

I like Majesty for the CD as well as it has Johnny Rockets which I really enjoy when cruising.

But the cruises out of PC are a little more $$ than out of Miami usually as well.

I am doing a 4 nighter on Enchantment in Jan...my 5th time on her so I guess I enjoy that ship!...lol

OK, EN is your choice, and it is the right one. Enter this in to your plan . . . I-95 for up to 4 hours, depending on traffic, construction, rest stops, fuel, etc, can be one huge pain in the butt. Parking your car at the port for $$$$. Butt, there are several flights from MCO to MIA, of course at a price. It's a short cab ride from MIA airport to the pier. And you'll get to sea the new tunnel under port of Miami!

I-95 pain and $$$, OR Fly from MCO? Check it out.

R&D

Our route from Orlando would be Turnpike to Ft. L and then ParkNGo at entrance to Port. We have been sailing Celebrity from Port Everglades for years and avoid I95 like the plague. To much traffic congestion after Ft. Pierce. At times like driving in the Indy 500. Parking at port is much to expensive and ParkNGo has great service and the price has always been right.

We have sailed Enchantment 2 times and Monarch (sister to Majesty) so ship wise the Enchantment hands down. We never leave ship in Nassua but love, love Key West and with the free tram from ship, a good deal. Enjoy your time in FL and on your cruise.

Yeah, we would totally take the Turnpike. I have a severe fear of flying, and I know the flight from MCO or MIA would be on one of those tiny planes that scare me even more!

Just booked the cruise today! I can't wait!! I've been searching through excursions all afternoon. :)

Yeah, we would totally take the Turnpike. I have a severe fear of flying, and I know the flight from MCO or MIA would be on one of those tiny planes that scare me even more!

Just booked the cruise today! I can't wait!! I've been searching through excursions all afternoon. :)

Really don't need excursion for Key West and you can download and print Key West tourist info from Google. Celebrity docks at Naval Yard and you must have proper ID as they check it on way back to ship. Two officers got on bus the last time we were there in February and checked everyone's ID before bus was permitted back to ship. I recently printed Key West info and seem to reacall it was from Cruise Critic port site.

Also, go to ParkNGo site and reserve a parking space. It is close and reasonable with excellent service. Enjoy your cruise.