Back from Carnival Magic July 9th, Never Again!

CalifGirl67

Wow..you're just a little ball of sunshine wrapped up in sprinkles, aren't you?

My take on your food comments were that everything was good except for part of the Lido. Heavens, I hope you find better luck elsewhere.

We normally cruise on Royal but decided to try Carnival,

In my opinion Port Canaveral is the best port there is.

Staff member we encountered that was very friendly ...

ourroom guy, he was awesome all the time. Spoke to us by name and had a friendly attitude.

enjoy the pool 1 day when in a port because it was not crowded.

breakfast was the best and made to order omelettes were awesome, best meal of the day everyday. Guy's Burger Joint,Blue Iguana & BBQ place also had great food as well as the 24 hr pizza. We ate all these places several times and they were really good.We also ate at the steak house on wed night for our 20th anniv and it was very good. . . desserts and the sandwich bar that had pastrami and corned beef . . . also enjoyed the ice cream machine daily.

every night when we went to bed and got under the sheets ? . . On the last night I . . . ended up sleeping on top ofcovers . . .very clean.

We stayed on the 11th deck in a spa room and had access to the spa which was great, very relaxing and enjoyable. We stayed in 11242

We did enjoy a few dive in movies and Dr. E was great. The comedy shows were also very funny and we enjoyed them as well. The entertainment staff were friendly.

. . . we went to Key West Fl, Belize, Cozumel & Costa Maya, We had already been to Cozumel but still enjoyed it as well as the other ports. Really liked Key West and would like to go back. The ports were the best part of the cruise,

And to top it all off, . . . the food . . . was fine the entire time.

After being on 3 Royal ships, there is NO comparison with Carnival. I would . . go on another carnival ship . . . recommend one to anyone I know. You really do get what you pay for . . class all its own. My brother is a Carnival cruiser and he bragged to me about how good they are but now I know for myself, . . . Anyway, this is my small review, Happy cruising!

I am glad you enjoyed your Carnival Cruise Vacation!!! Hope you don't mind but I edited your comments to make them more precise and better reflect your experience!

All I know, if I were itching, I'd be checking out the sheets. I encountered bedbugs in a hotel several years ago, luckily before we got unpacked. Checked out in under 15 minutes, everything went into the wash and the suitcases baked in a sealed up car for a few days. Luckily it was an august heatwave.

There's good and bad cruises on all of the lines. It happens. My last cruise on Royal, not so good, but I didn't slam them. I'd cruise them again. I've had some not so good moments on Carnival, but I'd use them again, hopefully soon, I'm really getting that Carnival urge.

As far as crew,, most times when we asked a question, they were clueless and some were rude

Sure you can comment but why be rude about it? I'm just telling my thoughts about a cruise we took.

Really ? What questions did you ask them ? I believe that I have been on enough Carnival cruises myself and that I have talked to many of my fellow Carnival cruisers to state that the crew on Carnival ships is generally very friendly.

So excuse us OP, if we question comments like the one you posted above where you state that "Most times crew were clueless" without going into some detail ?

Was it something like: "Excuse me please, could you tell me where the nearest restrooms are ?"

Or was it: "Hey, you there, why is the buffet closed ? We cruise on Royal Caribbean all the time and their buffet lines never close and their food is just so much better" !

Happy Cruising !

Hi CalifGirl67,

While I highly, highly doubt you had bed bugs. Stop defending yourself and your opinions, you are entitled to them, and can make your future cruise decisions based on them.

Since you like RCI, might I suggest Celebrity; many will say they tried it and it is "boring". LOL! Since you did try Carnival, perhaps try Princess, or be bold and, budget permitting, try Cunard. Do not get stuck with one cruise line, as many have. Some have ONLY cruised with Carnival, and have no basis for comparison.

There are more than two cruise lines in the world!

Best wishes on your future cruises. :)

As I was not on the ship with the OP I am certainly in no position to say their experiences did not happen. ANY cruise on ANY ship can go poorly. Where the OP lost me a bit was with all of the hyperbole and conjecture and factually incorrect statements about Royal.

I am no Carnival cheerleader and have no interest in sticking with just one cruise line. Too limiting.

As I was not on the ship with the OP I am certainly in no position to say their experiences did not happen. ANY cruise on ANY ship can go poorly. Where the OP lost me a bit was with all of the hyperbole and conjecture and factually incorrect statements about Royal.

I am no Carnival cheerleader and have no interest in sticking with just one cruise line. Too limiting.

Agenda is a word that comes to mind

Sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise. I tried Royal Caribbean in May on the Liberty of the Seas and I was not impressed. The food was mediocre at best, they were constantly trying to upsell you, and I encountered some rude crew members which in 20 + cruises with Carnival, I have only encountered 1 rude crew member. I agree, that 2 pools is not enough for 4, 500 people but, I have never seen only 1 of them open.

Wow...hope that was just through your jaded eyes. We head out on the Magic in September and hope to have another great time aboard a Carnival ship. Have yet to have a bad cruise but also have never had the need to try another cruise line. We will stick with Carnival who has treated us well.

Cheers and happy cruising!

Why is so many people sorry the OP didnt enjoy her cruise? I have never understood that.

Another thing I dont understand is why the OP posted this here in the Carnival forum if all she wanted was sunshine blown up her skirt. If you want all agreements, go post it on the Royal forum. I can assure you there will be multitudes of cheerleaders to do said sunshine blowing and Carnival bashing which is what you seem to want.

I stopped reading your thread when you dogged the crew so I simply will not comment on the rest. I have never in 6 cruises met a nicer and more polite crew. Every single crew member I encountered had a smile and a good morning or good evening to say. Even the maintenance workers on Carnival Magic would say "Good morning sir". They wont even look at you on a Royal ship. Im not buying it.

#Iamnotsorry

Edited by ryano

Why is so many people sorry the OP didnt enjoy her cruise? I have never understood that.

Another thing I dont understand is why the OP posted this here in the Carnival forum if all she wanted was sunshine blown up her skirt. If you want all agreements, go post it on the Royal forum. I can assure you there will be multitudes of cheerleaders to do said sunshine blowing and Carnival bashing which is what you seem to want.

I stopped reading your thread when you dogged the crew so I simply will not comment on the rest. I have never in 6 cruises met a nicer and more polite crew. Every single crew member I encountered had a smile and a good morning or good evening to say. Even the maintenance workers on Carnival Magic would say "Good morning sir". They wont even look at you on a Royal ship. Im not buying it.

#Iamnotsorry

This!

I'm not sorry either. The OP already tried to walk back several things stated. And as I said before, if they have vowed to never sail Carnival again, then why bother saying anything on this forum at least. What is the goal in that? There was no advice for the next cruiser. Just a bunch of bad mouthing.

Food is always so subjective so I never regard food reviews. And if they didn't like the cruise then sobeit. But there was way too much nonsense in original post like insisting there "must of been bed bugs" but then they kept sleeping there. ALL of the crew was rude. etc. You jump on your computer and fired off this "review" with a title you know will draw attention, then sit back and start whining and wondering why you got the reaction you did. What a drama queen, king, whatever.

#notsorryEITHER.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#Iamnotsorry

Well, maybe people aren't sorry and they really lack sympathy. They don't know what else to say other than to defend Carnival. Most everyone will have a different experience than what you had. The Legend stinks! The Inspiration is a vomit hole! Will I cruise on those two ships again? No! No need to say sorry, as I'm sorry I had to experience what I did just like the OP.

/just saying

A lot of folks in this forum turn into big babies whenever someone mentions anything negative about carnival. I have enjoyed my time on carnival ships, but realize there are negative aspects and things that can be improved. Some of you people act as if the corportation can do no wrong as if it is divinely inspired.

I've said it before but it is worth restating, this is called cruise CRITIC, by name people should feel comfortable saying something negative instead of being scared to get flamed!

Edited by stevefrisco

A lot of folks in this forum turn into big babies whenever someone mentions anything negative about carnival. I have enjoyed my time on carnival ships, but realize there are negative aspects and things that can be improved. Some of you people act as if the corportation can do no wrong as is divinely inspired.

I've said it before but it is worth restating, this is called cruise CRITIC, by name people should feel comfortable saying something negative instead of being scared to get flamed!

I totally agree! Thanks for restating!

Well, maybe people aren't sorry and they really lack sympathy. They don't know what else to say other than to defend Carnival. Most everyone will have a different experience than what you had. The Legend stinks! The Inspiration is a vomit hole! Will I cruise on those two ships again? No! No need to say sorry, as I'm sorry I had to experience what I did just like the OP.

/just saying

Funny, it seems most of your experiences on Carnival as bad (based upon your remarks). People question the OP's posts due to the lack of facts and what they perceive as a bias against the cruise line they enjoy. You have a totally opposite reaction than say I might. If you make disparaging remarks on a ship tat most year (read that as the vast majority) expect for others to question that. The Op implied very negative things without backing those comments up, and got questioned on it. The way that it is here, and it works.

Just sayin

A lot of folks in this forum turn into big babies whenever someone mentions anything negative about carnival.

And some folks in this forum embellish things to the fullest extent to get a rise out of the masses. Disagreeing and refuting is NOT flaming nor is it a violation of the guidelines here. If you see something you dont like you are welcome to report it and it will be removed if the Admin deems it to be against the rules. How about we let them run this place :)

The Community guidelines already cover the fact that one should not be surprised that there are fans of certain cruiselines here and that fully negative "reviews" may be scrutinized. Not in that exact wording but really close. When someone posts "never again" posts with a thumbs down icon that are full of hyperbole and outright false information, not only should they not be surprised it is met with scrutiny, they should expect it.

Edited by ryano

And some folks in this forum embellish things to the fullest extent to get a rise out of the masses. Disagreeing and refuting is NOT flaming nor is it a violation of the guidelines here. If you see something you dont like you are welcome to report it and it will be removed if the Admin deems it to be against the rules. How about we let them run this place :)

The Community guidelines already cover the fact that one should not be surprised that there are fans of certain cruiselines here and that fully negative "reviews" may be scrutinized. Not in that exact wording but really close.

....and the system works just fine.

No cruise line is perfect. But for the Caribbean, Carnival is perfect. Not over priced like some others, food is fine, I never swim in the swimming pools on any cruise ship if I am cruising to ports with beaches, I'll wait until the ocean. I will use the spa facilities if available.

Staff are fine, rooms are clean. If I saw any hint of bedbugs, I would be down at Guest Services immediately. Not sure of the point of posting on this forum.

BTW, I took another cruiseline to Bermuda and was very bored. A real lack of activities, at least on Carnival you can find something to do.

Just curious... Has anyone read any of the other posts the OP has written? Negative comments about the RC Oasis. Unfriendly service, food was not good anywhere (except for a café, I think) and the worst port to sail out of.

Maybe the problem is not with ANY cruise line, maybe the problem is within...

Just curious... Has anyone read any of the other posts the OP has written? Negative comments about the RC Oasis. Unfriendly service, food was not good anywhere (except for a café, I think) and the worst port to sail out of.

Maybe the problem is not with ANY cruise line, maybe the problem is within...

Interesting. Royal is "in a class of their own though" :D:p

/just saying

Gee, tell us how you really feel.

You experienced a stinky vomit hole.

I experienced something completely different and contrary than you. By my stating that, it doesn't invalidate what you experienced - it simply means I didn't.

As much as you have the right to say you hated it, I have the right to say I enjoyed it.

You won't cruise Carnival again. I will. We'll both be thrilled.

Califgirl, I'm sorry you had a bad time! In June I went on my 25th Carnival cruise and have NEVER had a bad cruise! I have never had rude crew on any of my cruises! I love Carnival! It must not be for you!