How to find out how wide halls are

I would be more concerned about the width of a doorway to the cabin. Sounds like you are talking about a side-by-side seating arrangement which I think would be doable; however you have to remember there will be service carts in the hallway; don't think you could pass a cart.

The halls to the staterooms are narrow, two people can pass each other normally but often as one said there will be service carts in the hall and sometimes motorized scooters parked in the hall. I think a double-wide stroller would have a hard time.

How young are the little ones and would you have help? If you have help I might recommend two little umbrella strollers. They might be much easier to handle getting on/off the ship and in town as well.

Edited by WisconsinFan

A double WIDE jogging stroller will be a nightmare. If it is a double front to back, that would be the same width as a regular stroller you are OK. I wouldn't bring a jogging stroller of any kind. Our regular stroller is even a bit big; I just use an umbrella stroller on the ship because it is much more compact and easy to maneuver.

Edit: I'm not sure you could get a double wide jogger in to an elevator.

Edited by LMaxwell

Bringing a double umbrella stroller. Just wondering how wide corridors are. We are in allure

Do you know the actual width? Seems to me that they vary quite a bit, and one of the narrower ones might be ok.

Please don't try to bring a side by side double stroller on your cruise. First and foremost it would be a nightmare getting it around the ship and two, the hallways will be like an obstacle course between service carts and room service trays and the occasional hoverround/electric cart in the hallway. You also would have a hard time with elevators.

I use a motorized wheelchair, and I can't get by the service carts. Always had to ask housekeeping staff if they would move them. I'm assuming that a double stroller would be at least as wide as my chair, if not wider.

That being said, I'm not sure who you could contact, but I found out how high the beds on Allure are by emailing the special needs department.

Edited by Mama24

It's also going to be very hard if not impossible getting off the ship on the gangplank in ports. Besides dealing with the carts in the hallway you should also consider the inconvenience of the other passengers.

the elevators might be an issue as well. I believe that the elevators on the Oasis class ship might be a bit larger than other ships.... but I am not sure how easily you will be able to get into an elevator. Good thing you are checking in advance.

i agree.. from experience... a double stroller (side by side) would be a nightmare. Your better option is 2 small umbrella strollers.

Regardless of how wide the hallways are, you'd have issues almost everywhere you went. Even getting on a elevator would be tough.

One more thought on double wide stroller. On the first and the last day of the cruise, luggage fills the hall making use of a larger stroller virtually impossible, since many people put their luggage out before early dining. Also, when I was on the Oasis, the WJ seemed to be more crowded than I recalled other ships... tables are on top of each other making passage for one, between tables a bit tight... forget about navigating with a double stroller. Another thought is how your cabin is configured. If you are in a regular cabin, it would be better to have the bed by the window/porthole/balcony... so that you can get any stroller into the cabin. I am not sure what people do who need a scooter. It is tight for any additional mode of transport.

Please don't try to bring a side by side double stroller on your cruise. First and foremost it would be a nightmare getting it around the ship and two, the hallways will be like an obstacle course between service carts and room service trays and the occasional hoverround/electric cart in the hallway. You also would have a hard time with elevators.

....and on the outside venues with the rows of deck chairs and numbers of people, the dining venues, theaters, shops, etc. It would not be very practical IMO. Plus it would not likely be an easy fit through the stateroom door.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

You need a a tandem stroller not double wide. Do some research on the family boards. The double will not go down the halls with service carts or people. It will not go up and down the gangways and you will have trouble getting on an elevator. We just cruised with a 1 and 3 year old and mom had one for two that folded up like an umbrella stroller. She hated to buy it just for a weeks vacation but it worked out great and she was so glad she did. Remember the cabins are small so you want something you can fold up unless you have a suite.