WOWband now free?

ocav

WOW bands are a silicone bracelet that replaces your sea pass card on Oasis, Allure, Anthem, Quantum and Harmony. They cost $4.95 if you are in anything less than a suite. They are reusable.

When did Oasis and Allure get them?

Never mind, I see this was addressed above.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Why are you even going there - you know there's a fee with the Wow band and you are going to argue with someone at GS over the wording on your paperwork?:rolleyes:

Well considering I enjoyed the usage of the band on my last cruise I would be wanting to get one anyway, but I'm not paying $5 for one when the wording of my documents states it's already in my stateroom. You wouldn't pay for some bread sticks with your meal if the menu said "enjoy the breadsticks on your table" would you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well considering I enjoyed the usage of the band on my last cruise I would be wanting to get one anyway, but I'm not paying $5 for one when the wording of my documents states it's already in my stateroom.

And when GS tells you that was mistake or they interpret that some different way (and you know that's what will happen), then what?

And when GS tells you that was mistake or they interpret that some different way (and you know that's what will happen), then what?

Well if they are going to be picky over $5 and a silicon wristband then I can also get picky over buying an internet package, or a drinks package, or dining at a speciality one night...

Both modalities are correct.

They will reprogram or they will give you a new one.

Both happened to me on my B2B on the Anthem earlier this year.

Where do we go to get wow band reprogrammed?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well if they are going to be picky over $5 and a silicon wristband then I can also get picky over buying an internet package, or a drinks package, or dining at a speciality one night...

Absolutely!

Not sure who would lose out more then:rolleyes:, but yes absolutely!!!

I'd have thought you'd only buy those if they were of value to you.

And that that value wouldn't change based on a competitive transaction elsewhere.

i.e. if internet is of use to me, I'd get it anyway - and if it's not, I wouldn't. Not based on disputes over wording of some other transaction.

Absolutely!

Not sure who would lose out more then:rolleyes:, but yes absolutely!!!

They would, I can eat perfectly fine without speciality restaurants, and I don't have to have Internet!

I'd have thought you'd only buy those if they were of value to you.

And that that value wouldn't change based on a competitive transaction elsewhere.

i.e. if internet is of use to me, I'd get it anyway - and if it's not, I wouldn't. Not based on disputes over wording of some other transaction.

While Internet is "of use" to me, it's a luxury and I'm entitled to decide whether I want that, while I may want it, I can determine I can't afford it

They would, I can eat perfectly fine without speciality restaurants, and I don't have to have Internet!

OK, then good for you.

I don´t understand why you would base your decision on Internet and / or specialty Restaurants on the payment of the wow band when you don´t Need the other stuff, but hey I don´t Need to understand your decisions.

You Need to do what you Need to do. Go ahead and enjoy.

OK, then good for you.

I don´t understand why you would base your decision on Internet and / or specialty Restaurants on the payment of the wow band when you don´t Need the other stuff, but hey I don´t Need to understand your decisions.

You Need to do what you Need to do. Go ahead and enjoy.

My point is, it says the WOWband will be in my stateroom, if I wasn't part of CC I would assume this to be free and I'd be pretty peeved about being told I'd have to pay for it. Wording is important, companies like Royal have to spend thousands on people to check everything to ensure that wording isn't misleading.

My work used to have menus that said "served with either Chips, Salad, or Sweet Potato Fries", now to have sweet potato fries it cost a premium however to the menu didn't state that clearly and as it's a corporate restaurant our tills and pricing structure are set and we can't modify it, as such if a customer argued it, which happened often we had to have tills that were down, the company eventually reprinted at a massive cost new menus. You've got to be accurate and not misleading in terminology.

I'm not saying I'm being picky but if a company who's already taken a couple of thousand off me want to charge $4.95 for some silicon and a tiny computer chip but can't be bothered to have someone proof read their documentation then they determine how much I'm willing to spend with them.

WOW bands are a silicone bracelet that replaces your sea pass card on Oasis, Allure, Anthem, Quantum and Harmony. They cost $4.95 if you are in anything less than a suite. They are reusable.

Reusable in what way. I've got one from the Quantum--can I re-use it on my upcoming Anthem cruise.

My point is, it says the WOWband will be in my stateroom, if I wasn't part of CC I would assume this to be free and I'd be pretty peeved about being told I'd have to pay for it. Wording is important, companies like Royal have to spend thousands on people to check everything to ensure that wording isn't misleading.

My work used to have menus that said "served with either Chips, Salad, or Sweet Potato Fries", now to have sweet potato fries it cost a premium however to the menu didn't state that clearly and as it's a corporate restaurant our tills and pricing structure are set and we can't modify it, as such if a customer argued it, which happened often we had to have tills that were down, the company eventually reprinted at a massive cost new menus. You've got to be accurate and not misleading in terminology.

I'm not saying I'm being picky but if a company who's already taken a couple of thousand off me want to charge $4.95 for some silicon and a tiny computer chip but can't be bothered to have someone proof read their documentation then they determine how much I'm willing to spend with them.

As I said, whatever you fell the Need to do is the right Thing for you to do.

It wouldn´t approach the Situation in the same way, but that doesn´t make you wrong and me right.

Yes, but from what I've read, you need your SeaPass card to get on and off the ship at ports.

Yes, that was the only downside to the usage of the bands on the Quantum. I would think that it could easily be used for exiting/entering as your facial profile would come up whether it's a band or a card.

Yes, that was the only downside to the usage of the bands on the Quantum. I would think that it could easily be used for exiting/entering as your facial profile would come up whether it's a band or a card.

It's less for the ship, it's more for the port security, your seapass has the details on to confirm you are on this cruise and you haven't just walked up to the ship wearing a wristband

My point is, it says the WOWband will be in my stateroom,

But where does it say it will be free? The Wow band could be in your room with a nice note on it saying you can activate it for $4.95. The snacks and drinks are also in your room cooler and they charge for those - why would you assume those are free?

Edited by Biker19

You are hardly new around here or to RCI so how can you possibly make that argument knowing RCI's website?