Jade itineraries changed

I received an email this morning telling me the itineraries for the Jade next spring through fall have been changed. They are now completely different than what I booked. The original itineraries are still showing on the website at this time. Disappointing, as none of the new itineraries will work for us. Anyone else affected by this?

I've received the email and looked at the itineraries. Fortunately for my, our dates stayed the same. The cruise became a roundtrip from Southampton, which actually I like.

I called the number for myself and a client. The new itineraries are not currently loaded into the system. At least as of 4pm eastern time on July 22. They made a note on our reservations that we want to keep our dates and accept the new itineraries. (for us, the main change was embarkation and disembarkation ports). Of course we get some OBC for our troubles and since we kept the same dates and cruise length our price and perks were protected.

If you have to change dates in any way, apparently they are only offering OBC and repricing at new rates. But new rates are NOT in their system yet.

The letter said we had to change by August 3. So will call again mid next week

What are the changes?

They have mostly changed to Norway itineraries. My original itinerary included Belgium, France, Netherlands, England and Germany. Have already done a Norway cruise, so looks like I'll be cancelling. Really disappointed. I wonder if security concerns had anything to do with the decision.

They have mostly changed to Norway itineraries. My original itinerary included Belgium, France, Netherlands, England and Germany. Have already done a Norway cruise, so looks like I'll be cancelling. Really disappointed. I wonder if security concerns had anything to do with the decision.

That may be. I haven't done Norway, so that is what I booked. I like doing the round trip from London. We just love London, so will stay there a few days prior

You have to laugh really. For us it's gone back to the original itinerary as per the press release.

After much deliberation, we were actually looking forward to going back to Hamburg for a couple of days pre cruise. I'll have to study the new itineraries to decide what to do. Worst case is that we will get what we originally wanted with some extra OBC.

:)

I haven't seen the details of the changes, but the originally released itineraries were crazy as, after advertising Southampton as an embarkation port, you couldn't actually do a Southampton round trip during most of the British school holidays.

There is mention of the changes going into the Autumn, so perhaps it's more than that, but my initial assumption was that they have moved things around to correct that.

Edited by KeithJenner

I would find a change like that to be really annoying. I book a cruise based on "what and when" and wouldn't like a major change.

We did book Istanbul to Dubai as it was but can see the reason for the change to Rome to Dubai, still it was annoying as we wanted to see Istanbul and it is harder to get to Rome from NZ!!!

We "are/were" booked from Southampton (London) (England); Hamburg (Germany); Amsterdam (Netherlands); Brussels / Bruges (Zeebrugge) (Belgium); Le Havre (Paris) (France); DISEMBARK Southampton (London) (England)

for 8/24/17. Our TA hasn't called us yet but called our friend (the main organizer) and said our cruise canceled. I don't know what the options are; $ or anything yet.

Is it safe to assume that if I just refund now, I can get our travel insurance $ back too?

Let's see if this works. Here is the link to a pdf of the new itineraries:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Norwegian_Jade_Summer_2017.pdf

No pricing, just the itineraries

That's really interesting. Iceland is now an option for us during the school holidays.

Discussion tomorrow I think. I could see us changing to that itinerary instead.

I am bummed. I was totally working on dh about an England, Germany, France cruise for next fall. I printed the itinerary and was looking at pricing..... damn!

Zero interest in Norway. Guess it's gonna have to be a land vacation. I don't know where to start...............

When I talked this afternoon to the people at NCL handling the "cancelled/changed" cruises, I was told the new itineraries are not loaded into the system yet.

Maybe that will get done this weekend. Wishful thinking. I will call again mid week and hope we can get all our changes confirmed. Also curious on prices of a couple things

I personally am disappointed. That was my plan for next year. Norway is just too cold. I hope they load them soon. Maybe it will be just a land tour for me. I've done the Med on the Epic, the Barcelona to Venice on the Spirit, the Jade 14 day to Greek Islands/ Croatia etc. Also the winter Jade Med cruises and Spirit Canary Islands. Jade is my favourite ship out of the three and I was looking forward to some new ports followed by a land trip of England and Scotland[emoji22].

Well, once again I seem to be in a minority by being quite pleased by an NCL change.

We are booked on a 10 day Norway cruise from Hamburg, which has changed to a Southampton round trip. Ports are slightly worse for us as we won't go to Hamburg and also drops Kirkwall, but we save on flights and costs in Hamburg.

However, the 15 night Iceland cruise immediately after it now becomes an option, and would probably be our preference e anyway.

I'll need to look at pricing, and decide between staying where we are (and saving money), moving to the Iceland trip (more expensive but longer and better for us) or even doing the both as a 25 day b2b covering Iceland and the Fjords.

Decision time. :)

Edited by KeithJenner

I can't get the attachment to come up, can someone please tell me the details about any changes to the July 16 (14 day Iceland, Scotland, UK cruise) or what the new Iceland cruise dates are? I was researching these for next July and wondered why the Jade summer itineraries suddenly disappeared from the NCL website yesterday. Now it makes sense.

I can't get the attachment to come up, can someone please tell me the details about any changes to the July 16 (14 day Iceland, Scotland, UK cruise) or what the new Iceland cruise dates are? I was researching these for next July and wondered why the Jade summer itineraries suddenly disappeared from the NCL website yesterday. Now it makes sense.

July 16th is a 14 day Iceland from Hamburg.

Thank you Keith. I finally got the schedule to open and yes the July 16 one looks the same as before. And the new Iceland/Scotland itineraries are in September. We could only do the July one so I will watch for the updated cruise to post. Hopefully they won't raise the prices! Previously the Haven and suites were already sold out, so the demand is enough that they might jack up the prices.