Iron in cabin?

stitchcreek

There are no irons provided for passenger use and taking your own irons and steamers is not allowed. You can send items out for pressing, you can hang them in the steamy bathroom while you shower, you can use commercially made wrinkle release products or make your own with a little liquid fabric softener diluted with water in a spray bottle.

• Like 1

And how would you use it on a floating hotel? there are no ironing boards. only flat surface is a small desk, and the coffee table.

Ice bucket full of Hot water from the Ocean Café,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clover-Mini-Iron-ll-Adapter-Large-CL9103-NEW-/182008824340?hash=item2a60924214:g:Uq4AAOSw--1Wri-N

this is an iron tip this can be dipped in boiling water simply dry off by a tap and start pressing. good luck

Edited by gopro63

A friend who was traveling with us on the Reflection in May took an iron only to have it confiscated upon boarding. They returned it to her the last day when we debarked.

That is standard procedure on Celebrity ships for irons and steamers.

Ice bucket full of Hot water from the Ocean Café,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clover-Mini-Iron-ll-Adapter-Large-CL9103-NEW-/182008824340?hash=item2a60924214:g:Uq4AAOSw--1Wri-N

this is an iron tip this can be dipped in boiling water simply dry off by a tap and start pressing. good luck

Suppose you could heat with a hair dryer too!

Will we find an iron in our cabin on the Constellation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no irons or ironing boards in the guests' staterooms. For safety reasons guests are not permitted to bring irons on board Celebrity Cruises vessels.

Dry Cleaning and pressing services are available on board for a nominal service fee.

• 2 years later...

I use my flatiron. Yes, I use the same iron that I use for my hair on clothing.  Clean off any residue product first, like mousse or gel.  Mine heats to 400 degrees which is the same temperature as my clothing iron at home.  Works like a dream on most fabrics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stitchcreek said:

I genuinely don’t know. Has there been an iron related incident on another cruise line?

My post was only meant to be a tongue in cheek response. If Celebrity provided irons in the state room you may be compelled to use it. 😜 Not an FYI post. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

My guess is this..,., it’s a good thing that Celebrity didn’t change it’s policy or the answers given in the zombie thread wouldn’t be accurate any more

Thanks for participating in a 3 year old thread. :classic_rolleyes: