Move over offer

mrsihopes

This is the first time I've ever heard of this. Wow! If it ever happens to us we might be very tempted to accept. Glad I read about this 'move over' offer before hand...(sooooo now we're waiting [emoji51])

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is the first time I've ever heard of this. Wow! If it ever happens to us we might be very tempted to accept. Glad I read about this 'move over' offer before hand...(sooooo now we're waiting [emoji51])

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You should read TracieABD's reviews about her cruises...they are great!!

We found ourselves in this situation earlier this year and other half did not want to accept and I did. He ended up very glad to take the deal as we went from a 7 night cruise to a much better 11 day cruise and an up grade from a low category balcony to a mini suite plus all our money back and some on board spend.

here it is:

Quote:

Originally posted by coral view post

i have even heard of someone negotiating 2 free great cruises for accepting a move over on another cruise.

Here is what we gave up:

- 1 balcony for a 10 cruise to indonesia (rountrip singapore) on the sapphire.

Here is what we received:

- 1 10 day cruise anywhere in the us, mexico, caribbean, or canada in a full suite

- 1 15 day cruise anywhere in the world in a full suite

- change air fees to $300 (sa refunded our tickets in full)

- full cruise fare back in refundable obc

bonus

- they added another $500 on the ship (we have no idea)

- extra dinner in the crown- above the suite benefit.

It was really too good to pass up.

Btw- we have sailed the two cruises and everything that that princess promised, they delivered plus more.

tracie that definitely is the all time mac daddy moveover!! :d:d:d

OMG: This is something worth waiting for. Like winning a mini lottery! It's makes getting a general upgrade sound ordinary. We're on the Crown Princess the end of Sept. We were hoping /wishing for a chance upgrade to a mini-suite or? But now...we'd like/want a 'move over deal. Sweet!

I never get lucky with an offer like this. The only thing Princess would offer me is a free trip in a rowboat and a ham sandwich. :D :D

Tony

You should definitely hold out for two ham sandwiches. One with domestic ham, and one with imported. :D

The only time we received a move-over offer was too late--after we returned home from the cruise. That was back in the day when we did not check our email obsessively like we do now (and before we had free internet minutes). We heard from others on our roll-call on the ship who had received the offer and had obviously not taken it either. It was a 10-day cruise on the Sun Princess over Christmas. Ironically it's probably our least favorite of all of our Princess cruises.

I had read that most of the time these offers are on holiday cruises when Princess tends to seriously overbook, and I certainly never expected to see one since we need the HA cabin. But even with what is a relatively modest "move over" offer compared to others here, it is a great benefit to my checkbook!

Of course the fact that the dishwasher just died will eat some of it......

Here it is:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coral View Post

I have even heard of someone negotiating 2 free great cruises for accepting a move over on another cruise.

Here is what we gave up:

- 1 balcony for a 10 cruise to Indonesia (rountrip Singapore) on the Sapphire.

Here is what we received:

- 1 10 day cruise anywhere in the US, Mexico, Caribbean, or Canada in a full suite

- 1 15 day cruise anywhere in the world in a full suite

- change air fees to $300 (SA refunded our tickets in full)

- full cruise fare back in refundable OBC

Bonus

- They added another $500 on the ship (we have no idea)

- Extra dinner in the Crown- above the suite benefit.

It was really too good to pass up.

BTW- We have sailed the two cruises and everything that that Princess promised, they delivered plus more.

Am I wrong in thinking that the free cruise was one of the two but not both cruises.

We got a similar offer but we did not take it. Our TA had mistakenly mixed this with an ordinary upgrade! But I had a copy of the offer and I should have read it more carefully!

Besides, our plane tickets for Asia (expensive) had already been bought and were not refundable.

Plus: my DW who is not too adventurous did not want to change our plans.

A bit like throwing away a winnig lottery ticket:eek:

If we ever get an offer like that one it will be "an offer that we can't refuse!" ;)

I had read that most of the time these offers are on holiday cruises when Princess tends to seriously overbook' date=' and I certainly never expected to see one since we need the HA cabin. But even with what is a relatively modest "move over" offer compared to others here, it is a great benefit to my checkbook!

Of course the fact that the dishwasher just died will eat some of it......[/quote']

Princess cruises consistently sell out year round. They have the oversell/booking process down well. For what its worth I have seen them happen anytime.

Both cruises were free and in a full suite. We received the cost of our Sapphire cruise back in fully refundable obc plus $500.

And I titled one of my threads "They made us an offer..,". Great minds!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Although not nearly as lucrative as Tracies, we took a moveover offer a few years ago and were tickled with the deal and then the nice check that arrived a few weeks after we got home, as we were unable to spend all of the onboard credit and didn't feel like wasting it!

Often we cruise with family or friends, so it would be difficult to jump on a moveover offer without leaving them stranded, but in this case it was just the two of us and we had booked our air through Princess making it even easier to move to another sailing a month later, so we said why not? We also found it humorous as the cruise we got the moveover on was one we had only booked about a month before travel when we got one of those emails with sale prices.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

No mustard in the lifeboat I believe.

I don't need mustard! Just give me the ham. (I hope you are happy. You've got me craving a ham sandwich now and I don't have any dang ham!)