Favorite ship for FL to Caribbean cruises other than Oasis, Allure and Harmony?

We are looking forward to being on the Oasis soon, our first very large ship.

To mix things up a bit, while onboard, we're thinking of booking a smaller RCL ship to the Caribbean or Panama Canal area out of our home state of FL.

Of course, we could love the Oasis so much that we'll book her or the Allure instead.

Would love to get input on your favorite smaller RCL ships out of FL.

Thanks

We are looking forward to being on the Oasis soon, our first very large ship.

To mix things up a bit, while onboard, we're thinking of booking a smaller RCL ship to the Caribbean or Panama Canal area out of our home state of FL.

Of course, we could love the Oasis so much that we'll book her or the Allure instead.

Would love to get input on your favorite smaller RCL ships out of FL.

Thanks

Tough choices but I guess I'd have to say Freedom. We've sailed her four times.

Any Radiance-class ship. We've been on all four of them, with Jewel being my favorite. They are beautiful, just the right size at approx. 90,000 GRT, and so easy to navigate. There are beautiful sea views from so many of the public spaces, and you feel like you're on a ship. It's taken my DH years to get me to agree, but we're finally going on Allure this year. I'm sure we'll have a great time. After all, it is a cruise...lol.

Edited by KeywestK

They are all good.........., What you like in a cruise ship is more your cruising style. We really like the ships with a true promenade i.e. Freedom or Navigator, or with easy access to sea views. In other words any ship is great. In recent years, we have been booking more and more X cruises, they fitting our changing Cruising style.

Love the Freedom and Voyager class ships. Seems to be the right mix of size of the ship and the number of people on board. Next would be the Radiance class ships for the ease of getting around the ship. But any ship will do as long as I'am on a cruise,

Thanks

It will have to be the Caribbean as Royal no longer does Panama canal cruises, either full or partial.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

It will have to be the Caribbean as Royal no longer does Panama canal cruises, either full or partial.

You edited your post too quickly. I was just coming to ask if you had already started drinking:D

Edited by molly361

We have done Allure, Freedom and Independence From FL and Mariner, Voyager and Liberty from TX. Probably prefer the Voyager and Freedom class, but did enjoy Allure, too. We are going on Serenade next April. We've done the Radiance class to New England but this will be the first time in the Caribbean.

I love the Radiance class ship for its open views of the ocean from the public areas. But it does not have a promenade. If you find that you like that part of the ship on Oasis class ship, you might consider the Voyager class ship. It has a nice promenade area with shops, and bars etc. I think the Freedom class is my least favorite. It is a step down in size from Oasis. My issue with Freedom is petty, I know, but I dont believe they have enough elevators or they are a bit too small. This class ship always seemed a bit crowded at the elevators. I did not feel the same on the Oasis class. Now I have only been on that class ship once... so it may have been atypical. But looking at the deck plan... the Oasis class has more elevators and those in the aft part of the ship seemed larger to me than the main elevators on Freedom.

If you go to Alaska consider Radiance class. You can see the fabulous views throughout the ship. That is not the case on Oasis class. But in the Caribbean, not nearly as much to see as in the inner passage heading to Alaska. After having sailed on different lines we find ourselves sailing more with Royal because of the ships. They have become a destination.

I like Serenade and her 10/11 night Southern Caribbean itineraries from Fort Lauderdale.

Me too! Did Serenade 10 night last February, and doing next February 11 night.

We also did Legend when she did that itinerary previously. :)

Another vote for Freedom of the Seas...we sailed on her twice and would go again tomorrow if we could. Great size ship and lots of great things to do onboard. The staff was always pleasant the food good.

Another vote for Freedom of the Seas...we sailed on her twice and would go again tomorrow if we could. Great size ship and lots of great things to do onboard. The staff was always pleasant the food good.

Another Freedom fan here, and really disappointed she is leaving us soon here in

Port Canaveral. :(

I like Serenade and her 10/11 night Southern Caribbean itineraries from Fort Lauderdale.

Me too! Did Serenade 10 night last February, and doing next February 11 night.

We also did Legend when she did that itinerary previously. :)

Agree!!!

Loved our cruises on Legend (Vision class) - 11 night - and Serenade (Radiance class) - 10 night.

You might want to look at Brilliance (Radiance class) and Rhapsody (Vision class) both sailing from Tampa. We are doing Brilliance (again) this November and Rhapsody next November.

Agree!!!

Loved our cruises on Legend (Vision class) - 11 night - and Serenade (Radiance class) - 10 night.

You might want to look at Brilliance (Radiance class) and Rhapsody (Vision class) both sailing from Tampa. We are doing Brilliance (again) this November and Rhapsody next November.

Doing Rhapsody out of Tampa in December. Our first time aboard that ship.

Enjoyed Brilliance out of Tampa last year. Just wish Royal had ships based there

all year long, instead of seasonal.