Harmony, How To Cope With No Solarium Pool

What I find interesting is that the email "ticket to adventure". Once you click the link and explore the solarium, it states 1 tranquil swimming pool, 2 serene whirlpools and 4 canter levered whirlpools. Seems like the marketing department did not actually see the finished product.

Plenty of other pools. I'm more disappointed they didn't include umbrella tables in the beach pool

I agree with you!! In all our cruises, I have never sat in the solarium, not even for 5 minutes. I know a lot of people love it, but it's not for me. I would MUCH rather have the umbrellas by the beach pool. That said, we do have a cruise booked on Harmony and my DH will just find some shade elsewhere.

Everyone will definitely have a different opinion. I have been on Oasis and Allure and even though I thought these ships were too big, I was willing to go on Harmony to give it a whirl. (Every cruise is a fun cruise in my book).

But I spend every sea day at the solarium with my book and frequent jumps into the pool. Therefore, I will not be booking Harmony and will stick to the other classes of ship.

Keep spreading the news and I'll keep checking for price drops. :D My September 2017 reservation is already up over $800 total. :eek:

The reality is probably this. For every person that is unhappy with the missing pool, there are 10 ecstatic about the slides. ;)

How is O4 coming along? Not that it matters, I don't think anybody noticed the missing pool until it was finished. :eek:

Now a survey: for you, which class has the best solarium overall?

I have never been on one, but Radiance looks quite elegant. At least it tops on appearance.

But you really can't do it by class anymore since this Harmony issue makes that ship so different than her sisters

The reality is probably this. For every person that is unhappy with the missing pool, there are 10 ecstatic about the slides. ;)

How is O4 coming along? Not that it matters, I don't think anybody noticed the missing pool until it was finished. :eek:

It will be interesting to see if she has a pool in the Solarium.

Now a survey: for you, which class has the best solarium overall?

I have never been on one, but Radiance looks quite elegant. At least it tops on appearance.

I like the Solariums on the Vision class ships. Easy to see outside.

I like the Solariums on the Vision class ships. Easy to see outside.

Several different designs with the Vision ships. Enchantment has no AC, but Legend does. At least that is my experience. I do like the opening doors on Enchantment upper level. Helps cool it off since they never open the roof.

Several different designs with the Vision ships. Enchantment has no AC, but Legend does. At least that is my experience. I do like the opening doors on Enchantment upper level. Helps cool it off since they never open the roof.

Don't recall the lack of AC on EN. We've been most recently on Vision, Enchantment, and Legend, and the Solariums seemed more open and brighter than those on Radiance class ships.

Don't recall the lack of AC on EN. We've been most recently on Vision, Enchantment, and Legend, and the Solariums seemed more open and brighter than those on Radiance class ships.

I think the ceiling is higher and there is less fake foliage. ;)

I've never noticed AC in the solarium in Enchantment, but did on Legend. I think Radiance ships are cooled as well.

We love spending time in the Solarium. My wife and friends can sit for hours and just relax, read, and rest. I on the other hand love being in the water knowing they are nearby.

On the Oasis and Allure I spent many hours in the Center Pool Area, with the water spouting and the very center with it's water jets rumbling on every 15 minutes or so.

On the Quantum and Anthem I loved the 3 tiered pool area with built in seats. I was in there 95% of the time we were in the Solarium on those ships. I enjoyed it even more than what was on the Oasis and Allure. This 3 tiered pool area was such a great feature, and improvement over the Oasis and Allure, that I hoped they would incorporate it on the Harmony.

The sprinkling of water from the "Plastic Palm Tree Leaves" as the water feature is a big miss in my book. I doubt I will be able to spend a lot of time in the Solarium on the Harmony.

Yes I know there are the Hot Tubs, and I will use them, However I can't spend hours in them. I enjoy cooler water for longer periods of time.

Try Celebrity S- class ships. You will love their solarium.

I seriously can't get over the way people are reacting to no solarium pool on the Harmony. If it seriously a deal breaker for you, go on one of the other ships, it's that simple! I can assure you that RCCL took a look of consideration when they were designing the Harmony and decided to go without a Solarium pool. After all, they added slides to this ship, which that haven't had in the past. Wouldn't life be boring if all their ships were the same? I can't tell you how many times I have seen no one in a solarium pool! They felt better suited to do other things, that's all.

I seriously can't get over the way people are reacting to no solarium pool on the Harmony. If it seriously a deal breaker for you, go on one of the other ships, it's that simple! I can assure you that RCCL took a look of consideration when they were designing the Harmony and decided to go without a Solarium pool. After all, they added slides to this ship, which that haven't had in the past. Wouldn't life be boring if all their ships were the same? I can't tell you how many times I have seen no one in a solarium pool! They felt better suited to do other things, that's all.

Does it make you feel good about yourself to go and trivialize other peoples comments?

People want to discuss it. If the topic doesn't interest you, move on.

Our Favorite Solarium is on the Quantum Class Ships. Love the Tiered Pools and built in seats, also love the loungers in the water on the last tier!

Just had to go look it up. That solarium pool section is stunning. It's just so weird they wouldn't do something similar on Harmony. A huge solarium, and they just have empty deck, basically.

I do wonder if it'll be added during a dry dock. There has to be a reason. The pool was pretty well packed on Oasis during the day, people definitely use it.

100% agree. But these people love bringing the drama to cc. And it's very few.

I went back last night, spent an hour reading old post from 09/10, it's really funny.

I won't book this

I won't sail on this

The pool is too small

Why did they add a water fountain in the middle

It's too crowded

It's too hot

No shade

And on and on it goes, well now the pool is gone:D so maybe we will get more people sailing on the ship that really like it. Pretty much these people think it's all about them.:p

100% agree. But these people love bringing the drama to cc. And it's very few.

I went back last night, spent an hour reading old post from 09/10, it's really funny.

I won't book this

I won't sail on this

The pool is too small

Why did they add a water fountain in the middle

It's too crowded

It's too hot

No shade

And on and on it goes, well now the pool is gone:D so maybe we will get more people sailing on the ship that really like it. Pretty much these people think it's all about them.:p

Considering Royal Caribbeans website says the solarium has a pool..... I think it's great people are discussing it here. I was considering booking Harmony and had no idea until I read this thread. Hence the discussion.

You can tell what the discussion is about with that extra bit of text called a "Title" - and decide if you want to partake in it or not.

But to go and berate others and put others down for their opinions in this fashion is childish. Should others go on another boat? Yes. And having these discussions helps people figure out which one is best for them based on the things that are important to them.

"It's too crowded" - "Pool is too small" - "Doesn't have a pool" ... etc... Are these not legit gripes worth discussing with like minded people? Should this just be a forum with a bunch of RCI cheerleaders?

Edited by BNBR

[quote=BNBR;50647

Should this just be a forum with a bunch of RCI cheerleaders?

The cc guidelines refer to people who love rci or any person posting on cruise line forums on cc as "fans" . I am a fan of rci so I must be posting in the right place:cool:

Have you read the guidelines? Since you are new maybe you joined without reading

Edited by setsail

I have never seen an empty solarium pool, and I have been cruising for over 25 years. I think the complaint is more that there is no longer an adult pool/area. The solarium area on the Oasis and Allure includes lots of places to rest/relax, along with the chance to cool off. Literature or information on the Harmony should at least explain there is no adult pool.