Harmony, How To Cope With No Solarium Pool

to me, the combination of the Harmony NOT having a pool in the solarium AND the higher price makes it a no brainer for me to book either Oasis or Allure at a lower price and HAVE the pool

that being said, if the price were the same as Oasis and Allure, I would go on Harmony and would miss the solarium pool, but probably would just not spend as much time there.

just my personal opinion. To some, the absence of the pool doesn't make a difference, to some it does.

We love spending time in the Solarium. My wife and friends can sit for hours and just relax, read, and rest. I on the other hand love being in the water knowing they are nearby.

On the Oasis and Allure I spent many hours in the Center Pool Area, with the water spouting and the very center with it's water jets rumbling on every 15 minutes or so.

On the Quantum and Anthem I loved the 3 tiered pool area with built in seats. I was in there 95% of the time we were in the Solarium on those ships. I enjoyed it even more than what was on the Oasis and Allure. This 3 tiered pool area was such a great feature, and improvement over the Oasis and Allure, that I hoped they would incorporate it on the Harmony.

The sprinkling of water from the "Plastic Palm Tree Leaves" as the water feature is a big miss in my book. I doubt I will be able to spend a lot of time in the Solarium on the Harmony.

Yes I know there are the Hot Tubs, and I will use them, However I can't spend hours in them. I enjoy cooler water for longer periods of time.

We cancelled our 3 cruises on the Harmony, it's ridiculous not to have a pool.

Plenty of other pools. I'm more disappointed they didn't include umbrella tables in the beach pool

Yes, plenty of other pools, but not in an adult only area. Plus the Solarium is so dang hot, you need a pool to cool off periodically.

I am still going in November and it won't ruin the cruise but I do wish they had put a pool in there. It seems like it was an opportunity to improve on the pool that the Oasis and Allure have. Never cared for the layout of that pool with the shower in the middle. Seemed to make it even more crowded. The palm leaf shower on Harmony seems like something that belongs in the kids area. Something like playing in the lawn sprinkler.

I canceled my cruise on Harmony because of the pool situation…………………..

8 of us also cancelled the Harmony and rebooked on the Allure. No pool in the solarium is ridiculous on this class ship.. We've been on the Oasis twice and the Allure once before and it gets hot up there....

Yes, plenty of other pools, but not in an adult only area. Plus the Solarium is so dang hot, you need a pool to cool off periodically.

Thanks Bob!

My sentiments exactly. I am glad others feel the same way.

See it's not "all about me" as someone posted in response to my initial posting. We can all share our thoughts in a friendly forum!:)

Edited by dedosr

During our trips on Oasis and Allure, I never went to Solarium anyway. Never really left the beach pool.

I did walk through once, and it was hot, hot, hot. Some shade would be nice.

During our trips on Oasis and Allure, I never went to Solarium anyway. Never really left the beach pool.

I did walk through once, and it was hot, hot, hot. Some shade would be nice.

Yes, I was surprised they didn't somehow improve the "climate" in the Solarium on Harmony. Maybe provide some sort of a breeze to those areas that are under the "magnifying glass".

Yes, I was surprised they didn't somehow improve the "climate" in the Solarium on Harmony. Maybe provide some sort of a breeze to those areas that are under the "magnifying glass".

That would make too much sense. [emoji3]

I never felt the solarium was hot or uncomfortable. All the front windows were open and it's well shaded, too. I love the solarium on Oasis :)

Harmony not having a pool in the solarium is a deal breaker... but then Oasis has no slides... ugh.

One thing that is great about Oasis class ships is that they are huge and have so many different things for different people. Obviously with only 20 people in the solarium pool out of 6,000 on the ship... it's not a deal breaker for too many, but for me... I LOVE the solariums. I have no use for the regular pools and generally avoid them like the plague.

Solarium pool AND waterslides would be great!

That would make too much sense. [emoji3]

Maybe a nice pool is in order. :D

Please include me to "Harmony's Solarium uproar". I wasn't aware of that BIG MISS, till I walked into the Solarium and couldn't find any pool there. :eek:

This reveals one thing: RCI executives don't sail on their own ships.

Royal Caribbean is becoming very inconsistent as a product. I know, RCI has never been a luxury line, but it used to have prestige in the mass market category, not any more. The brand has been severely damaged, not by its competitors, by management itself.

I'm pretty sure this complain has been recurrent in Customer Service since Harmony's launch, hope they can correct this and add that pool in Oasis IV.

As I sit back and reflect on past comments, it seems there are two common ones. The old pool was to small and not enough loungers.

Well, since increasing the pool size would mean even less loungers, dropping the pool entirely solves the lounger issue. ;)

Just having fun on a lazy Sunday afternoon

Edited by John&LaLa

As I sit back and reflect on past comments, it seems there are two common ones. The old pool was to small and not enough loungers.

Well, since increasing the pool size would mean even less loungers, dropping the pool entirely solves the lounger issue. ;)

The only thing that's for sure is "no matter what you do, you'll never please everyone"

Or they could have added the loungers in the pool as they did on the

Quantum Class!:D:D

There is no shortage of solarium space to fit a decent sized pool and add loungers on Harmony (see link to pics). RC added more solarium space but removed the pool. I had hoped to see a larger version of the "Quantum" solarium pool. This was a wasted opportunity to build a best in class solarium. Misting trees?.......come on RC - fix this.

http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/swintontraveller/library/Harmony%20of%20the%20seas%20Solarium?sort=3&page=1

Gotta love internet CEOs who know better how to design ships that the cruise line CEOs themselves.

I'm thinking the bean counters are designing the ships now, not the CEO.