Margaritaville coming to Breakaway & Getaway

my3sonsnj

i was hoping that Flamingo destruct plans would be as delayed as Harvest Caye construction. Oh well.

Anyone have any experience with margaritas at an on-ship Margaritaville? Might be worth a try as we have "open bar".

I had a watermelon margarita. It was pretty good, kinda sweet. Others in our group had different variations -- no one had to go back for another, but definitely worth a try if you have the beverage package.

If you are going on the Escape, we had a great time at the mojito bar on deck 8; I highly recommend that bar -- every drink we tried was delish.

i was hoping that Flamingo destruct plans would be as delayed as Harvest Caye construction. Oh well.

Anyone have any experience with margaritas at an on-ship Margaritaville?

Might be worth a try as we have "open bar".[/quote

So if we have the beverage package (UBP) do you know if we can use at M-Ville? We are on the Oct. 23rd sailing on the BA (our 1st cruise on NCL) I'm not so interested in eating there but wondered about the bar/drinks with drink package. Been to many M-ville's and it's never been high on our list. Usually only time we go is with friends that haven't been and wanted to try it out.

Anyone have any experience with margaritas at an on-ship Margaritaville? Might be worth a try as we have "open bar".

I've tried them all, and I liked them all. However, the frozen drink called Havanas 'n Bananas, which is unique to Margaritaville, is delish! I could put down several of those in a row without blinking an eye on a hot sea day.

Also, while the bar at Margaritaville (called Chill Bar) serves drinks not found at other bars on the ship, so does the 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar. They both have their own unique menu of drinks not served elsewhere, and different from each other. Several are worth checking out.

I've tried them all, and I liked them all. However, the frozen drink called Havanas 'n Bananas, which is unique to Margaritaville, is delish! I could put down several of those in a row without blinking an eye on a hot sea day.

Also, while the bar at Margaritaville (called Chill Bar) serves drinks not found at other bars on the ship, so does the 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar. They both have their own unique menu of drinks not served elsewhere, and different from each other. Several are worth checking out.

Good to know! Havanas 'n Bananas is going on my list:cool:

No disrespect to Jimmy Buffet...if you are reading this Jimmy, I want you to know that I love you to pieces, I am reading your book right now...the one about the lighthouse.

That being said, if Jimmy Buffet himself had a choice between the paid Margaritaville menu or free fried plantain with cilantro sauce and tres leche...

I can only speak for myself...I will miss Flamingo, and will not be spending time or money at Margaritaville.

Jimmy...you are now "that guy that stole the Flamingo".

Johnny Rockets was introduced on Voyager of the Seas in 1999. For several years, the food was complementary. Then they added a cover fee, which is currently $6.95 per person for most ships. However, it's now a la carte for Royal's newest ships.

It was a good thing RCCL making Johnny Rockets a cover fee restaurant. We sailed on Explorer of the Seas when it was complimentary. Burgers were good, not outstanding, the pool deck was constantly littered with burgers with one bite taken and a half portion of fries. We cruised the same ship a year later, same restaurant with a cover charge. Burgers seemed better, IMO. Not nearly the left over Johnny Rocket trash on the pool decks. When you know you are being charged it makes less frivolous eating and waste. The cleaner ship was a plus.

As far as Margaritaville on the BA... well see how I like it. I will go once anyway. I rarely eat at most places onboard more than once a cruise anyway.

Like Teppanyaki I ate there once on board a ship, it was fun. But still gimmicky, I personally wouldn't care if some other type of restaurant or bar took its place.

It was a good thing RCCL making Johnny Rockets a cover fee restaurant. We sailed on Explorer of the Seas when it was complimentary. Burgers were good, not outstanding, the pool deck was constantly littered with burgers with one bite taken and a half portion of fries. We cruised the same ship a year later, same restaurant with a cover charge. Burgers seemed better, IMO. Not nearly the left over Johnny Rocket trash on the pool decks. When you know you are being charged it makes less frivolous eating and waste. The cleaner ship was a plus.

As far as Margaritaville on the BA... well see how I like it. I will go once anyway. I rarely eat at most places onboard more than once a cruise anyway.

Like Teppanyaki I ate there once on board a ship, it was fun. But still gimmicky, I personally wouldn't care if some other type of restaurant or bar took its place.

By this logic no food should be included in the cruise fare.

The argument is specious anyway--it's not like people were leaving delicious grilled chicken and plantains all over the pool deck on Getaway.

By this logic no food should be included in the cruise fare.

The argument is specious anyway--it's not like people were leaving delicious grilled chicken and plantains all over the pool deck on Getaway.

Not that I'm the person who always takes pictures of food, but so glad I have that picture of my last plate of plantains and other great food from the Flamingo Grill:(

Not that I'm the person who always takes pictures of food, but so glad I have that picture of my last plate of plantains and other great food from the Flamingo Grill:(

Hah! I'm the same way, I don't do that many food pics, but I do have some from my embark lunch at FG in June. It's funny because there's an empty guava pastry tray next to my food in the pic, I guess I ate dessert first that day. :)

Speaking of Johnny Rockets on RCL. I've always thought that the change over from complimentary Margaritaville to Fee paid should have been handled differently. I think they should have done it like JRs and just imposed a flat fee like maybe $6.95. It seems to work for RCL

Speaking of Johnny Rockets on RCL. I've always thought that the change over from complimentary Margaritaville to Fee paid should have been handled differently. I think they should have done it like JRs and just imposed a flat fee like maybe $6.95. It seems to work for RCL
Didn't someone say that on the newer RCCL ships Johnny Rockets is a la carte?

:ooks like the Ovation of the Seas will also have it as a specialty dining venue. So it looks like their newer ships will have it as a la carte, just as Margaritaville will be on the away ships.

where did you see this? I read that Ovation didn't have JR's but had Kung Fu Panda.:confused:

Bill

Speaking of Johnny Rockets on RCL. I've always thought that the change over from complimentary Margaritaville to Fee paid should have been handled differently. I think they should have done it like JRs and just imposed a flat fee like maybe $6.95. It seems to work for RCL[/QUO

Equating the Margaritaville situation with Johnny Rockets on RCL misses the point. MV is replacing the complimentary outdoor breakfast and lunch option on Breakaway and Getaway with an upcharge spot. JR never did that. And in the event that you were contemplating a free breakfast on your balcony instead, you will need to can that idea too. NCL has also put an upcharge on normal room service breakfast and reduced the free breakfast to pastry, coffee and juice.

And in the event that you were contemplating a free breakfast on your balcony instead, you will need to can that idea too. NCL has also put an upcharge on normal room service breakfast and reduced the free breakfast to pastry, coffee and juice.

NCL never offered a free hot breakfast via room service. The non-free hot breakfast options are a new option that never existed before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCL never offered a free hot breakfast via room service. The non-free hot breakfast options are a new option that never existed before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't say it did offer one. I Never said anything about "hot". Don't even want that, but when I was on the Epic, there was no room service charge and the breakfast came with fruit and yogurt along with juice, coffee, croissant and jam which was great. Now it is pared down to what I said: coffee, juice, and a pastry, which insufficient and the worst (free) room service breakfast of the major cruise lines that I am aware of.

AND my point is that I just want to have a simple, normal nothing fancy breakfast and eat it outdoors. OMG! Does this cruise line really need to find ways to make you pay extra for this simple pleasure?

For this reason, I shall go! [emoji484][emoji484][emoji484][emoji484]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well it is official and no longer rumor according to this article on cruise fever:. http://cruisefever.net/08032-norwegian-adding-margaritaville-to-two-more-cruise-ships/

This is SUPER disappointing. UG was one of my favorite spots on Breakaway. I loved the burgers. I'm also disappointed that it'll be a la carte, but I'm still going to check it out on my Nov 13 cruise. I promise to ravage that margarita menu thanks to my UBP [emoji484][emoji484][emoji484] Pics of food and drinks to come!!! (Yes, I'm one of those...)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't say it did offer one. I Never said anything about "hot". Don't even want that, but when I was on the Epic, there was no room service charge and the breakfast came with fruit and yogurt along with juice, coffee, croissant and jam which was great. Now it is pared down to what I said: coffee, juice, and a pastry, which insufficient and the worst (free) room service breakfast of the major cruise lines that I am aware of.

AND my point is that I just want to have a simple, normal nothing fancy breakfast and eat it outdoors. OMG! Does this cruise line really need to find ways to make you pay extra for this simple pleasure?

You implied that NCL is charging for something that was once free. Not so.

Current free room service card includes fresh fruits (seasonal melon, fruit compote, sliced fresh fruit, banana), yogurts (plain, nonfat, blueberry, strawberry, peach, mixed fruit), cold cereals (raisin bran, rice crispy, corn flake, all bran, fruit loops), juices (orange, tomato, grapefruit), drinks (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk), muffins, croissants, cinnamon rolls, fruit Danish.

What more are ya looking for?

I think that this is plenty to fill your balcony table.

Edited by BirdTravels

You implied that NCL is charging for something that was once free. Not so.

Current free room service card includes fresh fruits (seasonal melon, fruit compote, sliced fresh fruit, banana), yogurts (plain, nonfat, blueberry, strawberry, peach, mixed fruit), cold cereals (raisin bran, rice crispy, corn flake, all bran, fruit loops), juices (orange, tomato, grapefruit), drinks (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk), muffins, croissants, cinnamon rolls, fruit Danish.

What more are ya looking for?

I think that this is plenty to fill your balcony table.

If that is true, that would be welcome news, although not a replacement for losing the Flamingo for open air breakfast. Thing is that an OP just disembarking the Getaway reported that the free room service breakfast no longer had the fruit, yoghurt or cereal. Sometimes you just need to get on board to find out what is going on with these things.

If that is true, that would be welcome news, although not a replacement for losing the Flamingo for open air breakfast. Thing is that an OP just disembarking the Getaway reported that the free room service breakfast no longer had the fruit, yoghurt or cereal. Sometimes you just need to get on board to find out what is going on with these things.

When are you traveling?