Margaritaville coming to Breakaway & Getaway

my3sonsnj

there are perhaps many who will like or love the Margaritaville menu and food, but I am not one of them. If it were not at an added cost, I might try it, but more than likely would not. Margaritaville menu does not appeal to me much. The Breakaway Uptown grille and the Flamingo Grille on Getaway were however appealing to me. Sorry to see them go, to be replaced by Margaritaville type food. Be it free or not, Margaritaville does not appeal to me. This just me though....time will tell if this NCL decision is a good one or not. I am still looking forward to my cruise on Escape though, just wish that they had not taken that one more free option away.:(

I can't tell if maybe this is a joke I'm just not getting

Wasn't a joke.

I don't think the idea of MV onboard is as a place to party or linger, it's a place to separate you from your money for the nachos and margarita as quickly as possible.

They only want to to separate people from their money through 4pm? I think you would find a lot of people in there there in the evenings. Closing during dinner hours is understandable I guess...but then why not re-open later? Something like 9pm - 2am.

Wasn't a joke.

They only want to to separate people from their money through 4pm? I think you would find a lot of people in there there in the evenings. Closing during dinner hours is understandable I guess...but then why not re-open later? Something like 9pm - 2am.

Not sure, maybe they don't want to pay the necessary increased staff. Is there any other food venue open that late besides O'Sheehans?

So, NCL is not replying to the question on Twitter.

I make a shirt for the Pub Crawl, it lists the bars we visit and check them off as we go.

If there a formal name of the bar that is part of Margaritaville?

Chill Bar

chill_zpst7nn4fqp.jpg

Edited by LrgPizza

First the restaurant is just ok on land and I am sure the quality will be lower on the BA. The Uptown Grill will be missed. I may stop by for a drink since I have the beverage package next year but no food for me.

So are you saying that this is not included in specialty dining package or you just don't like the food?

I think you can use the SDP, but the consensus seems to be that it would be more economical to pay out of pocket.

Not if you have the SDP as part of the promotion! Yes, I realize that there are 3 choices and many would not include MV as one of their choices. If you are dining in an SDP restaurant, I presume the menu is clearly divided by appetizers, entrees and dessert and you can choose one of each. Is that true?

Not if you have the SDP as part of the promotion! Yes, I realize that there are 3 choices and many would not include MV as one of their choices. If you are dining in an SDP restaurant, I presume the menu is clearly divided by appetizers, entrees and dessert and you can choose one of each. Is that true?

I think you can have as many apps and desserts as you want, but only one entrée. I hope somebody more knowledgeable can confirm.

I may have missed it, but is there a definite date for when these changes will happen? As another previous NCL cruiser who has loved the Uptown Grill on NCL, I have booked the Breakaway again for next January. Too much to hope for that the change wont happen until after then or maybe not at all given the

negative reactio of so many about the proposed changes.

I ASSUME that picture is from the Escape

Of course. No other ship has a Margaritaville yet, so I couldn't have posted a picture of the Margaritaville Bar on another ship. Besides, I spent hours upon hours sitting there. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I may have missed it, but is there a definite date for when these changes will happen? As another previous NCL cruiser who has loved the Uptown Grill on NCL, I have booked the Breakaway again for next January. Too much to hope for that the change wont happen until after then or maybe not at all given the

living, ignore any posters who are negative or smart ass with their answers. you run into those people all the time in real life and on the board. and it's funny because it takes more keystrokes to type up the smartass answer vs giving the real answer which shows their true intent is not to be helpful at all but rather mean spirited. hopefully you dont run into anyone like this on the ship.

october 9...see, that was easy! :D

the article says:

The restaurant will open on Norwegian Breakaway on October 9, 2016 and replace the former Uptown Grill.

According to NCL's specialty dining page for Getaway (https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/whats-on-board/Specialty-Dining), Margaritaville open 9/18/2016.

I just got off the Escape a couple weeks ago, Margaritaville was always dead. Why would anybody pay extra for a hamburger on a cruise when you can eat prime rib for free?

It's a shame Flamingo is going away on Getaway, I've been on Getaway 3 times in the past and Flamingo was always very popular at both breakfast and lunch. This plan is going to backfire on NCL, I hope they realize it soon.

living, ignore any posters who are negative or smart ass with their answers. you run into those people all the time in real life and on the board. and it's funny because it takes more keystrokes to type up the smartass answer vs giving the real answer which shows their true intent is not to be helpful at all but rather mean spirited. hopefully you dont run into anyone like this on the ship.

october 9...see, that was easy! :D

the article says:

The restaurant will open on Norwegian Breakaway on October 9, 2016 and replace the former Uptown Grill.

Isn't it amazing, how some just can't be helpful and just answer the question, rather than just posting their snarky response.

Isn't it amazing, how some just can't be helpful and just answer the question, rather than just posting their snarky response.

on another forum i frequent, we have names for the offenders ....also sometimes people just like to boost post counts.

I just got off the Escape a couple weeks ago, Margaritaville was always dead. Why would anybody pay extra for a hamburger on a cruise when you can eat prime rib for free?

It's a shame Flamingo is going away on Getaway, I've been on Getaway 3 times in the past and Flamingo was always very popular at both breakfast and lunch. This plan is going to backfire on NCL, I hope they realize it soon.

Unfortunately NCL seems to be "all in" with Margaritaville. I got an email from NCL yesterday for a sweepstakes and all the prizes are things like coolers, mugs, beach towels, all with the Margaritaville logo. There was nothing at all in the email about cruises!

Unfortunately NCL seems to be "all in" with Margaritaville. I got an email from NCL yesterday for a sweepstakes and all the prizes are things like coolers, mugs, beach towels, all with the Margaritaville logo. There was nothing at all in the email about cruises!

Got that too. Klassy.

what do you have to do to get on a sweepstakes mailing list? i dont get a lot of email from them. maybe since i booked in FEB they dont see the need?

and i still never got my 'no water' email either..sigh

I got it as well. Didn't interest me in the least, but I'm sure there are those that would love to get the items included in the prizes.