Margaritaville coming to Breakaway & Getaway

my3sonsnj

and i still never got my 'no water' email either..sigh

I haven't got one either, but am wondering if I will since in the beginning, folks might have already printed off their documents, so NCL probably sent emails just to make sure they knew about the change. Now that the policy is over a month old and was in the news longer than that, maybe they figure we will see it on our documents.

what do you have to do to get on a sweepstakes mailing list? i dont get a lot of email from them. maybe since i booked in FEB they dont see the need?

and i still never got my 'no water' email either..sigh

I signed up for email from NCL when I first started shopping for my last cruise. I was assigned a PCC who emails me weekly with "specials" but never answered me when I emailed her about solo rates. I booked with an online agency and generally ignore the emails. You might want to signup when the email offer pops up on NCL.com if you want to see what they are offering. My last email included $100 "holiday cash" on certain cruises. I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.

They should Just leave the uptown bar and grill as is, i can get a burger from the garden cafe or osheehans

yup.

if you're going to charge for it, make it unique that you cant get for free 24/7 a few feet away.

ie: burger at garden cafe

or will Del Rio solve that problem by eliminating burgers at Garden Cafe/Osheehans?

Edited by fstuff1

Having had a look at the menu - I for sure will enjoy brunch/lunch here. Snacky food, served to you - don't need to trawl the buffet troughs - and the prices - honestly? Cheap as chips as we say.

I love the Margarita Menu - will enjoy working my way through that :)

I have never experienced the Uptown Grill - but just to put things into perspective, our last two cruises have been on Celebrity (the cruises before those two were on Sky and Epic). Our Celebrity Alaska cruise was a special one for us and cost us a pretty penny. It was superb - however, a point to note - on Celebrity during port days - there are NO free sit down restaurants other than the buffet.

The way our excursions worked in Alaska, we found ourselves, every day being back on the ship for lunch. We don't like doing buffet (although Celebrity's is amazing have to say) We just prefer to be served and not have to risk cross contamination of germs etc in a buffet. (we are food producers and a bit germophobe!). We were in Aquaclass which at night, gave us access to the incredible BLU restaurant - and yes, worth every penny. BUT - as non suite guests - there were NO free serviced lunch options. We ate every day in Bistro on 5 which cost $10 pp - and aside from one daily special, the menu consists only of crepes.

Transatlantic 2015 we did Celebrity Equinox (14 nights) - we had no option for lunch other than the buffet. There were a LOT of VERY ill elderly people - sneezing their way around the buffet - and no happy happy washy washy people - sure enough - despite me sanitizing every space we occupied, we both picked up the most horrendous virus!

My point being Norwegian offer CHOICES! Numerous choices and if I remember right (from Epic and indeed even Sky) EVERY day at least one MDR is open for lunch including port days. O'SHeehans is also free as of course is the buffet, the grills, and outdoor snack areas such as the grill at H20.

Norwegian is my choice for the next three cruises - affordable cruising - fantastic ships, amazing prices for fly cruise options for us - and CHOICES - I cannot wait to try the Getaway - and for me - Margaritavilla is now an added bonus - yet another choice -

Compare the "Modern Luxury" of Celebrity for lunch options against Norwegian? Who wins for you?

WELL DONE NORWEGIAN!

Having had a look at the menu - I for sure will enjoy brunch/lunch here. Snacky food, served to you - don't need to trawl the buffet troughs - and the prices - honestly? Cheap as chips as we say.

I love the Margarita Menu - will enjoy working my way through that :)

I have never experienced the Uptown Grill - but just to put things into perspective, our last two cruises have been on Celebrity (the cruises before those two were on Sky and Epic). Our Celebrity Alaska cruise was a special one for us and cost us a pretty penny. It was superb - however, a point to note - on Celebrity during port days - there are NO free sit down restaurants other than the buffet.

The way our excursions worked in Alaska, we found ourselves, every day being back on the ship for lunch. We don't like doing buffet (although Celebrity's is amazing have to say) We just prefer to be served and not have to risk cross contamination of germs etc in a buffet. (we are food producers and a bit germophobe!). We were in Aquaclass which at night, gave us access to the incredible BLU restaurant - and yes, worth every penny. BUT - as non suite guests - there were NO free serviced lunch options. We ate every day in Bistro on 5 which cost $10 pp - and aside from one daily special, the menu consists only of crepes.

Transatlantic 2015 we did Celebrity Equinox (14 nights) - we had no option for lunch other than the buffet. There were a LOT of VERY ill elderly people - sneezing their way around the buffet - and no happy happy washy washy people - sure enough - despite me sanitizing every space we occupied, we both picked up the most horrendous virus!

My point being Norwegian offer CHOICES! Numerous choices and if I remember right (from Epic and indeed even Sky) EVERY day at least one MDR is open for lunch including port days. O'SHeehans is also free as of course is the buffet, the grills, and outdoor snack areas such as the grill at H20.

Norwegian is my choice for the next three cruises - affordable cruising - fantastic ships, amazing prices for fly cruise options for us - and CHOICES - I cannot wait to try the Getaway - and for me - Margaritavilla is now an added bonus - yet another choice -

Compare the "Modern Luxury" of Celebrity for lunch options against Norwegian? Who wins for you?

WELL DONE NORWEGIAN!

Not sure this makes sense, but each to their own. I've cruised Celebrity a couple of times. They have amazing burgers for free at a spot in the Solarium which are prepared and served to you if there are fears about self-serve buffets. They do not bring them to your table, but you sit at nearby tables.

Conversely, NCL now charges you for burgers which are served to you. I'm not sure why were are breaking out the pom-poms for a cheering session.

When we were on the Epic, they had a small lunch buffet at H20 Spice. The equivalent was the Flamingo and Uptown Grill with superior range of choices and breakfast service as well, but those are now gone in favor of a upcharge corporate chain outlet. Can not fathom why anyone would find this an improvement.

OSH was (is ??) serving Angus graded beef burgers, more or less cook-to-order - unless MV is sourcing their beef differently at the same or higher grade with this "deluxe" frozen patties as extra cost option in their own refrigerated gallery. I agreed, yawn & meow are all I can think of with the abbreviated MV menu options onboard.

Kobe Beef burger, at those surcharge prices - then, you would get my attention to consider. White Castle, anyone - they got burgers too when you are tired of hotdogs on a cruise. :D

Not sure this makes sense, but each to their own. I've cruised Celebrity a couple of times. They have amazing burgers for free at a spot in the Solarium which are prepared and served to you if there are fears about self-serve buffets. They do not bring them to your table, but you sit at nearby tables.

Conversely, NCL now charges you for burgers which are served to you. I'm not sure why were are breaking out the pom-poms for a cheering session.

I never mentioned burgers???

Solarium on X is NOT a serviced lunch - its a stand in a queue and perhaps get one of the few tables that are there... Have never seen a burger in the Aquaspa café - Great soup? Yes! Great (pay for) yogurt parfaits yes, Burgers? ..no - especially in the Aquaspa where "healthy options" are the main feature. Not sure which Celebrity cruise you were on - clearly not those we were.

Sorry - as much as I love Celebrity - (and I do!) - their lunch options are diabolical! There are NO service choices on X on port days other than Bistro on 5 which is now changing to a pay for Sushi bar..

Even Costa (whom I cruise with in Europe last minute) offer MDR lunches every day - Celebrity - do not. Period.

Completely Not true. You can go to the buffet and get a free burger. You can go to the MDR and get a burger served to you on a white table cloth. You can go to the pub and get a burger served to you.

I never mentioned burgers???

Solarium on X is NOT a serviced lunch - its a stand in a queue and perhaps get one of the few tables that are there... Have never seen a burger in the Aquaspa café - Great soup? Yes! Great (pay for) yogurt parfaits yes, Burgers? ..no - especially in the Aquaspa where "healthy options" are the main feature. Not sure which Celebrity cruise you were on - clearly not those we were.

Sorry - as much as I love Celebrity - (and I do!) - their lunch options are diabolical! There are NO service choices on X on port days other than Bistro on 5 which is now changing to a pay for Sushi bar..

Even Costa (whom I cruise with in Europe last minute) offer MDR lunches every day - Celebrity - do not. Period.

I also have never seen burgers served in the Solarium, but have seen them by the main pool and one deck up from the main pool where there are grills. You stand in line and they give you the burger on the bun and you put your toppings on. Edited by NLH Arizona

Completely Not true. You can go to the buffet and get a free burger. You can go to the MDR and get a burger served to you on a white table cloth. You can go to the pub and get a burger served to you.

I also have never seen burgers served in the Solarium, but have seen them by the main pool and one deck up from the main pool where there are grills. You stand in line and they give you the burger on the bun and you put your toppings on.

Thank you - I am not alone :) -

That aside - my whole point being - NCL offer choices whereas even the "ModernLuxury" of Celebrity (WHICH I will say again I love and will cruise again!) does not ..

Edited by Blondie008

The poolside grill on Celebrity... OH MY... Yummm. Not just delicious burgers, some of the best I've ever had! I think I had about 6 of them on a 7-night cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are fabulous and they are free! And you're right, it was poolside grill, not Solarium.

In case anyone misunderstood what i meant, i was saying why pay for a burger at margaritaville leave the uptown bar and grill there. I can get a burger for Free at the garden cafe or osheehans, rather than pay for a burger at margaritaville. So leave the uptown bar and grill. Thats what i mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's amazing how good a burger can taste when you are in the open-air and looking at the sea! And breakfast at the Flamingo Grill was a wonderful way to start the day. OK, everything is better in the open air. The air-conditioned buffet just doesn't cut it for us on a day at sea.

The outdoor grill area just doesn't change over well to a 'sit-down and wait for a waiter' experience. We had great hopes for the Margaritaville on Escape, but the nachos just weren't that good. Never got around to trying a $7 burger there:rolleyes:

It's amazing how good a burger can taste when you are in the open-air and looking at the sea! And breakfast at the Flamingo Grill was a wonderful way to start the day. OK, everything is better in the open air. The air-conditioned buffet just doesn't cut it for us on a day at sea.

The Garden Cafe has non air conditioned outside seating on he pool deck.

In case anyone misunderstood what i meant, i was saying why pay for a burger at margaritaville leave the uptown bar and grill there. I can get a burger for Free at the garden cafe or osheehans, rather than pay for a burger at margaritaville. So leave the uptown bar and grill. Thats what ]

Then why go to Cagnesys if you can get a free steak on the MDR???? Because they are not the same.

Edited by BirdTravels

I too will miss the Flamingo Grill. It was my morning respite, a peaceful place for coffee, light bite, to read my Dallies and watch the sea go by. I despised the Garden Cafe. It was The Hunger Games for food. Nothing relaxing or enjoyable about it. My husband isn't a big breakfast person so I see that becoming one more meal we simply skip. But, I have to say I also welcome the MV on our next sailing. We cruise with teen daughters who are not foodies. We shared Shanghai's and Teppantaki on the Getaway, but not much else. I see MV as another venue the family can enjoy together. Even if it costs a few bucks, it is NOT a buffet and I get to enjoy my teens... But, I certianly understand the shared frustration.