Alternatives to buffet for embarkation lunch?

Bery

I dislike buffets. So we have always had lunch at Bistro on 5 after boarding. We are booked on Summit next May o/v so we are not eligible for MDR lunch. My DH dislikes the items on the Sushi on 5 menu. Are there alternatives to these 2 lunch venues?

I dislike buffets. So we have always had lunch at Bistro on 5 after boarding. We are booked on Summit next May o/v so we are not eligible for MDR lunch. My DH dislikes the items on the Sushi on 5 menu. Are there alternatives to these 2 lunch venues?

I have the same question, although we don't mind a buffet. I was wondering who gets to eat in the MDR for lunch? We are Aqua, so is Blu open for lunch?

Thanks!

I have the same question, although we don't mind a buffet. I was wondering who gets to eat in the MDR for lunch? We are Aqua, so is Blu open for lunch?

Thanks!

Blu isn't open for lunch on embarkation. The MDR is open for CC guests only. It is one of the new perks added to enhance the rather meager perks that CC cabins have.

Blu isn't open for lunch on embarkation. The MDR is open for CC guests only. It is one of the new perks added to enhance the rather meager perks that CC cabins have.

Wow! I have not been following the Summit's boards lately. When did the policy of the MDR being closed for lunch on embarkation day become effective? Blu is closed too? Will Luminae be open?

Edited by philpcruiser

as far as I know, the MDR has never been open on Celebrity on embarkation day. Some cruise lines serve an MDR embarkation lunch, but not Xelebrity

Agree, I even remember a reason it was closed because they very often had weddings on embarkation day.

If you dislike buffets and are not Concierge Class, you'll just have to wait for dinner to eat once you board because the Aqua Spa Café and Pool Grill are buffets also.

If you are hungry enough, you'll find something at the buffet that will serve your pallet. :rolleyes:

as far as I know, the MDR has never been open on Celebrity on embarkation day. Some cruise lines serve an MDR embarkation lunch, but not Xelebrity

I have a daily from last year (day one - embarkation day). It says the Cosmopolitan opens at noon. Isn't that the Summit's MDR?

Bring a pickle loaf and Velveeta on Wonder bread sandwich with you. Can't beat that!

We always find these boards as an invaluable source of info. Thank you all who responded. I am looking forward to checking out MDR (we did not know it was open for lunch on Day 1); if not, we can try Aqua Spa or the Mast Grill. Pickle loaf sounds delightful!

My experience is those items are only at dinner. At lunch it is a panini grill with cold cuts, tuna salad, chicken salad, etc sandwiches you can make and soup.

Guess it depends on the ship, Summit was serving quite a bit on first day in the rear grill, steak and salmon at lease.

We always find these boards as an invaluable source of info. Thank you all who responded. I am looking forward to checking out MDR (we did not know it was open for lunch on Day 1); if not, we can try Aqua Spa or the Mast Grill. Pickle loaf sounds delightful!

I think you mentioned in your first post that you are booked in an OV cabin?

The MDR is only open for lunch on embarkation day for passengers staying in CC class. It's a new perk that was recently added for that class of cabins.

If you dislike the buffet or sushi (at the time of your sailing bistro on 5 will have been changed to sushi) your only other options are really the aqua spa cafe or the grill poolside.

I think you mentioned in your first post that you are booked in an OV cabin?

The MDR is only open for lunch on embarkation day for passengers staying in CC class. It's a new perk that was recently added for that class of cabins.

If you dislike the buffet or sushi (at the time of your sailing bistro on 5 will have been changed to sushi) your only other options are really the aqua spa cafe or the grill poolside.

Or if the OP eats a late breakfast what about a drink and cake at El Bacio until dinner calls?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aqua spa cafe (a buffet) and hamburgers grill poolside are it.

Maybe delay your embarkation until later in the day, have a nice lunch in a restaurant somewhere and come aboard mid afternoon?

Yes WLG, this is a great idea for sure... and a way not to worry about the crowds in other spaces on the ship.

bon voyage