Will RCL follow Celebrity and add suite class separate dining rooms

We have done several Celebrity cruise recently and really enjoyed the separate suite class dining rooms that Celebrity has installed on their ships. The food and service are much better than in the regular dining rooms on other cruise lines (extreme luxury lines excluded). I would like to see this benefit included on other cruise lines but so far the only one I have seen it on has been Celebrity. Has anyone heard of any rumors of this being talked about on RCL ships?

Thanks and have a great next cruise.

We have done several Celebrity cruise recently and really enjoyed the separate suite class dining rooms that Celebrity has installed on their ships. The food and service are much better than in the regular dining rooms on other cruise lines (extreme luxury lines excluded). I would like to see this benefit included on other cruise lines but so far the only one I have seen it on has been Celebrity. Has anyone heard of any rumors of this being talked about on RCL ships?

Already happening on the "big girls". It's called Coastal Kitchen.

Royal Caribbean has a Suites only dining room called Coastal Kitchen on their Oasis and Quantum class ships. A new Royal Suite Program for these ships was launched in May.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass?ecid=em_6536616&rid=569753692&emsc=RCIN_EM_CAS_NEWSOCT_15_EA_US_CS_PC&empf=Y&emct=PINNACLE%20CLUB&lnkid=Royal_copy_Content

On the newer NCL ships (Epic on), there is a Haven restaurant that serves three meals a day. On the older ships, the suite passengers have access to a restaurant for breakfast and lunch.

One of the great things is that no reservations are required, so you can eat whenever you feel like it.

Wow,so now people in a suite don't even want to have non suite people eating with them. Talk about class divisions

It has nothing to do with eating with non-suite passengers. It has to do with the improved food and service in a more intimate dining room.

There's always one. :rolleyes:

Well, RCI has Coastal Kitchen and Suite only lounges on the newer ships, and started it before Celebrity started their suite program. MSC has Yacht Club. NCL has the Haven. Celebrity has Luminae and Michael's Club suite lounge. Princess is introducing Club Class dining later this year. Cunard has the Grill classes. It is the trend of cruising to give a lot of extras to the highest paying customers, whether it's separate dining, reserved seating in shows, lounges, private pools, etc. Not a lot of options left for those who like a more inclusive experience rather than being separated by "class" or the almighty dollar...

Not a lot of options left for those who like a more inclusive experience rather than being separated by "class" or the almighty dollar...

Last I checked suites were a significant minority of cabins on all of Royal's ships and I haven't seen any less people in the public bars, shows, and dining room so I guess that begs the question, what the hell are you talking about? :rolleyes:

Royal Caribbean has a Suites only dining room called Coastal Kitchen on their Oasis and Quantum class ships. A new Royal Suite Program for these ships was launched in May.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass?ecid=em_6536616&rid=569753692&emsc=RCIN_EM_CAS_NEWSOCT_15_EA_US_CS_PC&empf=Y&emct=PINNACLE%20CLUB&lnkid=Royal_copy_Content

JSs can have dinner in CK.

Last I checked suites were a significant minority of cabins on all of Royal's ships and I haven't seen any less people in the public bars, shows, and dining room so I guess that begs the question, what the hell are you talking about? :rolleyes:

Lovely language. Didn't mean to upset you. I'm was speaking to the suite only dining experience and lounges, reserved seating, private pool decks, etc all only available to those who book suites on the various lines. Wasn't that the point of the thread? Seeing as most mass market lines are trending that way - catering to those who spend the most and cutting spaces off on the ship only for those guests, there's very few lines left that are inclusive or "classless" so to speak. Even Carnival is introducing special lounges and perks for specific cabin tyoea. That leaves the upscale lines such as A amaranth or Regent, etc as being more inclusive in that they don't differentiate where you dine or such based on your cabin class..

I'm was speaking to the suite only dining experience and lounges, reserved seating, private pool decks, etc all only available to those who book suites on the various lines. Wasn't that the point of the thread? Seeing as most mass market lines are trending that way - catering to those who spend the most and cutting spaces off on the ship only for those guests, there's very few lines left that are inclusive or "classless" so to speak. Even Carnival is introducing special lounges and perks for specific cabin tyoea. That leaves the upscale lines such as A amaranth or Regent, etc as being more inclusive in that they don't differentiate where you dine or such based on your cabin class..

Wasn't upset but it's not a class system. You pay more and you get more. It's a very inclusive system as long as you pay for the benefits. As for the upscale lines being more inclusive, only if you can afford it. How much more inclusive is that?

My daughter just came back from an Alaskan cruise on Celebrity. They ate in the "Blue" room and there were on 2 top tables. I wouldn't like that as I prefer larger tables and meeting new people. Dinners were a big part of the cruise and lots of fun. I

My daughter just came back from an Alaskan cruise on Celebrity. They ate in the "Blue" room and there were on 2 top tables. I wouldn't like that as I prefer larger tables and meeting new people. Dinners were a big part of the cruise and lots of fun. I

Blu also has larger tables.

Wasn't upset but it's not a class system. You pay more and you get more. It's a very inclusive system as long as you pay for the benefits. As for the upscale lines being more inclusive, only if you can afford it. How much more inclusive is that?

Well you might Need to tell RCI that it´s not a class System, as they even Label it as such:p

Sea class

Sky class

Star class

Royal Suite class

They must not have gotten your memo;)

It doesn´t really matter if you like it or not and how you Label it, but cruising used to be mostly the way that everybody onboard had Access to the same Areas onboard and the difference was just about your personal space aka cabin.

This was the way for some decades after the class System of the ocean liners went overboard.

Only the Queens sort of kept parts of the concept, but having sailed with Cunard it wasn´t obvious at all and the "restricted Areas" for the higher categories were rather out of the way and you had to look for them.

Now in the past years the ever changing cruise industry has realized that they can make loads of Money with the Suite Experience and I don´t blame them for it. However the result of this is they are taking away former puplic Areas and reserve them for a small Group of Suite guests.

As you say it´s only inclusive for those having paid for it, it´s exclusive for all others.

Again Name it whatever you want, but the result is the same, or why is the industry talking about a ship in ship concept?

Why is RCI is calling it classes?

Lovely language. Didn't mean to upset you. I'm was speaking to the suite only dining experience and lounges, reserved seating, private pool decks, etc all only available to those who book suites on the various lines. Wasn't that the point of the thread? Seeing as most mass market lines are trending that way - catering to those who spend the most and cutting spaces off on the ship only for those guests, there's very few lines left that are inclusive or "classless" so to speak. Even Carnival is introducing special lounges and perks for specific cabin tyoea. That leaves the upscale lines such as A amaranth or Regent, etc as being more inclusive in that they don't differentiate where you dine or such based on your cabin class..

Regent, Silversea, etc. don't differentiate because their cheapest cabins cost as much as Suite class cabins do on Royal Caribbean.

Well you might Need to tell RCI that it´s not a class System, as they even Label it as such:p

Sea class

Sky class

Star class

Royal Suite class

It doesn´t really matter if you like it or not and how you Label it, but cruising used to be mostly the way that everybody onboard had Access to the same Areas onboard and the difference was just about your personal space aka cabin.

This was the way for some decades after the class System of the ocean liners went overboard.

Only the Queens sort of kept parts of the concept, but having sailed with Cunard it wasn´t obvious at all and the "restricted Areas" for the higher categories were rather out of the way and you had to look for them.

Now in the past years the ever changing cruise industry has realized that they can make loads of Money with the Suite Experience and I don´t blame them for it. However the result of this is they are taking away former puplic Areas and reserve them for a small Group of Suite guests.

As you say it´s only inclusive for those having paid for it, it´s exclusive for all others.

Again Name it whatever you want, but the result is the same, or why is the industry talking about a ship in ship concept?

A number of years ago RC started their C & A club, counted cruise points and started rewarding those with a certain number of accumulated cruises/points privileges. In effect these cruisers have also paid for exclusive privileges and exclude the less traveled guests from areas of the ships in RC fleet. Class or level, the amount of money you pay entitles you to certain amenities. Or, the amount you pay for a cruise fare or accumulated past cruises rewards you with extra services. Either way you get what you pay for or pay for what you get. The size of the cabin is another way you are rewarded for paying a certain fare.[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Sea class

Sky class

Star class

Royal Suite class

I guess it's unfortunate they use the word class as a label because it gives opportunity for people to equate it to some sort of aristocracy when it's not even close. We've been sailing for almost 20 years and I have no idea when suite perks started. We've sailed with and without and I've never felt excluded.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by Big_G

I guess it's unfortunate they use the word class as a label because it gives opportunity for people to equate it to some sort of aristocracy when it's not even close. We've been sailing for almost 20 years and I have no idea when suite perks started. We've sailed with and without and I've never felt excluded.

The suite class description has more to do with cost and amenities that with trying to give social class distinction. You are being charged for what you get. If guest do not want to sail on a ship that rewards guest who pay a premium for privileges allocated for only a few higher paying guests then they probably should cruise on ships/ cruise lines that offer all guests the same amenities. However, realize that all ships charge by the size of the cabin so there always will be " you get what you pay for"! [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The class division of guests treads a dangerous line for the cruise lines. Recently we went on the NCL Getaway. I really looked forward to the ship and trying something different from RCI. Now NCL completely buys into this and there's complete portions of the ship unattainable to the average run of the mill cruiser. The result of that can be seen on the pool deck. They have one small pool for guests to relax in - one. Oh, there's plenty of other pools but you either have to be a haven guest (who get their own elevators btw) or you have to pay extra. What ends up happening is the pool deck becomes an overcrowded conglomeration of people, jammed in like sardines with about 200 people trying to get a swim in a pool designed for maybe 25 or 30 people. Its an absolute mess up there and to make matters worse there isn't a time that they don't have some stupid contest going on or music blaring. You can't hear yourself think and forget about getting a lounger up on the pool deck. I don't recall seeing any. Despite the great service and food on NCL, its a terribly designed cruise ship and a big part of that reason is that they have large chunks of the ship cordoned off for the suite elite. We had a great cruise but we won't go back on that ship because of the design of it. The Majesty of the Seas has more room and a more inviting pool deck than the Getaway behemoth.

Look, suite guests pay more so yea, I agree maybe they deserve more and they get that. They get a much better room, they get special embarkation and disembarkation lines, they get priority tendering and so on but that's where it needs to end. Limiting passengers to certain areas of the ship make the ship uninviting and unuseable.

Maybe RCI should just build a ship or two with only suite cabins and then the suite elite and go on there and do whatever it is they do. Leave the rest of the fleet to those who just want the best bang for their buck and want a nice cruise ship to enjoy a vacation that they saved good money for. We don't mind eating with the common folk.

Not sure where aristocracy Comes into Play and where anyone brought this into Play before you.

The travel industry has always devided their offers into classes. Think Train rides that have a first class, or planes with First class, Business class and Economy class.

As I said it really doesn´t matter how you call it, as the Facts won´t Change. You simply have Areas on the ship that are out of Limit a majority of People onboard. No it´s not like on the Titanic where there was no mingling between the classes, but the accessibility is only downwards. So the highest class bookings get to enjoy everything and as it goes down the classes everybody can Experience.

It´s really irrelevant how you feel about it, as the fact remains if you are not booked in a Suite you can´t Access certain venues. (Before it Comes up, yes I left the Pinnacles out in the picture;))

When I started cruising on RCI there were very limited Suite perks and really None that materialized outside your cabin. At that time there was no CL.

The Invention of the CL was actually the first venue being only for a rather small Group and off Limits for the majority.

I applaude to RCI for actualling calling it "class" as that´s a proper description of the product. Even though some People don´t want to hear it, but they have invented a class System on their ships and it´s a very different product being sold, just like there is no comparison between a first Suite seat on a plane and an economy seat.

A number of years ago RC started their C & A club, counted cruise points and started rewarding those with a certain number of accumulated cruises/points privileges. In effect these cruisers have also paid for exclusive privileges and exclude the less traveled guests from areas of the ships in RC fleet. Class or level, the amount of money you pay entitles you to certain amenities. Or, the amount you pay for a cruise fare or accumulated past cruises rewards you with extra services. Either way you get what you pay for or pay for what you get. The size of the cabin is another way you are rewarded for paying a certain fare.[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Exactly.

I hope I can express this.

Regardless, there are classes or a cast system on any cruise ship, from bilge workers to management, and yes cruisers. Since the mass marketing, which has made cruising available to everyone like it or not, some families/cruisers have different life styles and YES, has offended many cruisers as you can see on the CC boards.

So what is cruise line to do, but to create space, some common, some public, so that they can offer big spenders a place to hide, go back to the lost era of cruising or what ever expectations of what a cruise should be.

Also, suites etc. will be attractive to people who have vacations once a year and want to have the best experience for their money, and money will be not be a problem.

Having said that and should have said more, I hope the new ships will have built in class level, perks, and do not take away from existing recreational and dining space which is becoming, more and more a PITA to enjoy a cruise.

The class division of guests treads a dangerous line for the cruise lines. Recently we went on the NCL Getaway. I really looked forward to the ship and trying something different from RCI. Now NCL completely buys into this and there's complete portions of the ship unattainable to the average run of the mill cruiser. The result of that can be seen on the pool deck. They have one small pool for guests to relax in - one. Oh, there's plenty of other pools but you either have to be a haven guest (who get their own elevators btw) or you have to pay extra. What ends up happening is the pool deck becomes an overcrowded conglomeration of people, jammed in like sardines with about 200 people trying to get a swim in a pool designed for maybe 25 or 30 people. Its an absolute mess up there and to make matters worse there isn't a time that they don't have some stupid contest going on or music blaring. You can't hear yourself think and forget about getting a lounger up on the pool deck. I don't recall seeing any. Despite the great service and food on NCL, its a terribly designed cruise ship and a big part of that reason is that they have large chunks of the ship cordoned off for the suite elite. We had a great cruise but we won't go back on that ship because of the design of it. The Majesty of the Seas has more room and a more inviting pool deck than the Getaway behemoth.

Look, suite guests pay more so yea, I agree maybe they deserve more and they get that. They get a much better room, they get special embarkation and disembarkation lines, they get priority tendering and so on but that's where it needs to end. Limiting passengers to certain areas of the ship make the ship uninviting and unuseable.

Maybe RCI should just build a ship or two with only suite cabins and then the suite elite and go on there and do whatever it is they do. Leave the rest of the fleet to those who just want the best bang for their buck and want a nice cruise ship to enjoy a vacation that they saved good money for. We don't mind eating with the common folk.

This wouldn´t work for RCI. There are Suite only ships out there already. Of Course they are much smaller and have way less amenities than the big RCI ships. These ships work well for a certain type of cruiser. However RCI (and other mass market lines) is after a different demographic. They want to get the big bucks out of People who enjoy the exclusivity of their Suite areasm but also want all the amenities of the big ships, with flowriders, bumper cars, ice rinks, North star, i Fly, ......

It wouldn´t be sensible to offer all of this on a Suite only ship.

To get These peoples Money they Need to give them the opportunity of all this and mix with the masses, but at the same time give them an area to get away from the masses whenever they want to. It´s the Generation of cruisers that want to feel Special and Show it to others they are after.

To be fair, there are 2 pools, plus a large splash area/pool for the little ones.