Bad IMAX

FtWCarMan

We changed our room from 10288 to 11267 after reading about all the noise, we are hoping it will be much better.

We have that room booked as well. I was concerned with Deck 10 mid ship cabins due to the theater, but I was hoping the additional deck of separation would filter out most of the noise/vibration issues.

This is an old thread so I am curious if any recent cruisers can provide feedback on if they experienced noise issues in Deck 11 Mid-ship inside cabins.

I take it can't post this website name with deck plans? Can someone send a private message with it? I'm going to be on Vista next April.

It's a website that specializes in cruise deck plans (which would be a good start to Googling it), but it has links to book a cruise and therefore the site can't be fully posted here. Think "see dee pee." :)

• 8 months later...

I stayed in the same stateroom as the OP (10296) and I’m here to tell you that it wasn’t that bad. Yes, you can hear the movie but it’s not that bad. It did not vibrate us out of the bed, we did not notice the walls vibrating either. We loved being right on the lido deck, in the heart of all the action. Literally steps from the lido deck/pool.

If you go to bed early, maybe this isn’t the stateroom for you. Personally, we’d book it again.

I hope this helps someone who freaked out after reading the OP’s review.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I stayed in the same stateroom as the OP (10296) and I’m here to tell you that it wasn’t that bad. Yes, you can hear the movie but it’s not that bad. It did not vibrate us out of the bed, we did not notice the walls vibrating either. We loved being right on the lido deck, in the heart of all the action. Literally steps from the lido deck/pool.

If you go to bed early, maybe this isn’t the stateroom for you. Personally, we’d book it again.

Just spent a week in 10292. The first night I assumed it was the ship making all of the vibrations and thumping. Boy did I find out different. The rest of the week we were kept up until 1 am ... usually I sleep through anything. The vibrations and noise were so bad. I complained at guest services and they said they have never received a complaint about that before :o

yes I choose this room looking at the deck plan - nothing underneath that indicated I would be in for such a noisy week!

You must have bad hearing.

So sorry you had to deal with that, but it reminds me of my Dream cruise last year. On the last sea day of the cruise, I was commenting on how the cruise had been so far and my Mom who was in a room just a few doors down from us said it had been a rough cruise for her due to the noise from the main stage lounge. I said really, I have not noticed anything. That night I made sure to go back to the room during the second showing and the noise was nuts. I had simply not been in my room even once during a show and I had no clue.

lol color me shocked that you didn't almost get vibrated out of bed!

Sorry you are having such a terrible cruise.First the french fries and now the IMAX theatre.Or was it the other way around.? Life is just not fair. Honestly your post about the Imax is the first complaint I have read.We were on the June 11th cruise and everything was great.Hope it gets better.

There have been several threads about cabin noise from the theater on both the Vista and the Horizon. I've added comments on some of them as well. (not affected because I booked a balcony).

Maybe the movie playing on your cruise was more artistic in nature instead of an action movie.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Forums mobile app

So sorry you had to deal with that, but it reminds me of my Dream cruise last year. On the last sea day of the cruise, I was commenting on how the cruise had been so far and my Mom who was in a room just a few doors down from us said it had been a rough cruise for her due to the noise from the main stage lounge. I said really, I have not noticed anything. That night I made sure to go back to the room during the second showing and the noise was nuts. I had simply not been in my room even once during a show and I had no clue.

one cabin in either direction of a noise issue can be all the difference in the world

This is a very observant point. Years ago, I booked a HAL cruise (I was much younger than their normal demographic, The intinery was different than the ones I had been booking).

The starboard balcony cabin I booked was in a lower category than all of the other balcony cabins on the same deck near it. If you looked across to the corresponding port side cabin it was also categorized as a lower price cabin.

After the first night, we understood why. Our cabin was right above the show room's main speakers. Since we normally attended the first showing and retired to bed during the second showing. We actually heard the show twice. It wasn't too bad noise wise. However it was a lesson learned. Figure out where the public rooms are in regards to my desired cabin. Make cabin reservations accordingly.

one cabin in either direction of a noise issue can be all the difference in the world

• 1 month later...

I wonder if these IMAX theaters are making money for Carnival. It would seem that they'd be better off putting in more cabins in those spaces, or something else. I don't book cruises around the nightclub for the same reason, you end up hearing the thud-thud-thud-thud all night long.

Will be interesting to see if these IMAX theaters last beyond the first few dry-docks for these vessels.

I wonder if these IMAX theaters are making money for Carnival. It would seem that they'd be better off putting in more cabins in those spaces, or something else. I don't book cruises around the nightclub for the same reason, you end up hearing the thud-thud-thud-thud all night long.

Will be interesting to see if these IMAX theaters last beyond the first few dry-docks for these vessels.

It may be coincidental given that Carnival Panorama was originally going to be Pacific Journey for P&O, but there are extra cabins on Panorama where the IMAX is on her classmates.

The balance of the space has not been completely revealed, but is partly taken up by reconfigured kids clubs and the arcade. This appears to open up the possibility of Panorama having both a Red Frog Pub and Guy’s Smokehouse/Brewhouse, since one of the kids clubs has moved from Deck 4. There is also a new feature that has not been revealed yet.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

It seems like common sense that they shouldn't play movies that late anyway. The theater is huge so of course its going to affect a lot of the staterooms. They should think about maybe making the last showings of their movies at like 9 or 930.

Ummm...people are on vacation so up doing things late...sometimes very late and it all goes back to doing your research BEFORE choosing your cabin...:confused:

If you choose to book guarantee or allow a TA or someone else choose your cabin...then.....IDK what to tell you...choosing cabins are really in your control and all of the ship decks are out there on the internet with all the reviews and information that goes with them...:rolleyes:

I'm currently in 10296 on the Carnival Vista. Great inside stateroom but with one major problem...the IMAX is right under me. Suicide Squad plays at 730 and again at 1030pm until well after midnight. My walls and bed actually move and rattle from the primarily bass sound. You can physically see the walls of the cabin moving in and out. If you are in bed it almost throws you off and onto the floor. Guest services offered me earplugs but don't realize that is not the problem and they have no other rooms available for the next 10 days of my cruise. I am up at 6am every morning for early tours to Rome Naples..etc. I do not care to stay up until 1am every night. IMAX is great theater but it has ruined my cruise on the Vista.

Friends of our were in a forward cabin near the theater and complained of the noise/vibration. Carnival gave them $300 OBC.