Oosterdam's New Look is Incredible

InTheWASide

Tamarind is my favorite restaurant at sea. I fear that they will "Americanize" it and each time I board another ship with Tamarind, I have been thrilled they have kept the concept original. Just wish they could find a spot for Tamarind on all the HAL ships!

Thanks, Ruth. Missed that picture.

If you loved the cozy old style Library where you could curl up in your corner, or work quietly on a puzzle, "forgetaboutit" HAL simply dumped some book shelves and miscellaneous chairs with four computer workstations on the Starboard side of the Crow's Nest, where you can hear any activity around the corner i.e. Trivia, Dance Lessons. There is no Librarian, no computer printer

Many improvements on the Oosterdam, but this is not one of them !!

I found the Crow's Nest library to be nice, pleasant, well lit, and specialty coffee drinks and pastries available to boot! We went there almost every day, enjoyed the puzzles, and often we stayed around long enough to catch Happy Hour there from 4 to 5PM, with drink specials. The view from there was wonderful!

Did they add Tamarind? ... Just wish they could find a spot for Tamarind on all the HAL ships!
Dream on! For starters, I'd like to see a "Tamarind Night" in the PG. We had a "Night at the Taj Mahal" in the PG on the Prinsendam that was a nice variation. Edited by jtl513

Dream on! For starters, I'd like to see a "Tamarind Night" in the PG. We had a "Night at the Taj Mahal" in the PG on the Prinsendam that was a nice variation.

GREAT IDEA!

This would be a wonderful way to shoehorn the Tamarind into the Vista class ships, if only for one night!

Sign me up!

Hi,

Thanks for posting these photos. The Oosterdam looks great! I have never sailed on the Oosterdam, but I have cruised aboard the similar Eurodam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam. This is a big improvement (the Lido looks much more elegant).

Chuck

I found the Crow's Nest library to be nice, pleasant, well lit, and specialty coffee drinks and pastries available to boot! We went there almost every day, enjoyed the puzzles, and often we stayed around long enough to catch Happy Hour there from 4 to 5PM, with drink specials. The view from there was wonderful!

I found that I missed having the "Librarian Computer Tech" assistance, no computer printer capabilities, to be negative cost cutting features by HAL.

Location is subjective as you liked it and I long for the "Cozy, Quiet, old Library. Such is life !

Thanks for these photos. Very, very nice After recently being on the Zuiderdam, she is such a basic, serviceable ship but lacking any sort of real visual appeal.

Can't fault her, but also can't love her. Hope the Zuiderdam is next in line for this level of Vista class make-over. Very nicely done, HAL.

• 2 months later...

Thank You for posting these pictures. Never been on this ship and was looking for pictures all over the internet, but could't tell whether it was before or after pictures. Ship looks beautiful. Looking forward to our sailing in the spring!

I found that I missed having the "Librarian Computer Tech" assistance, no computer printer capabilities, to be negative cost cutting features by HAL.

Location is subjective as you liked it and I long for the "Cozy, Quiet, old Library. Such is life !

Odd that there is no printer as there is one on the new Koningsdam (same area as the computers)...we were able to print out our airline boarding passes. Didn't notice on the Oosterdam the following month as we were not flying out right away.

If you loved the cozy old style Library where you could curl up in your corner, or work quietly on a puzzle, "forgetaboutit" HAL simply dumped some book shelves and miscellaneous chairs with four computer workstations on the Starboard side of the Crow's Nest, where you can hear any activity around the corner i.e. Trivia, Dance Lessons. There is no Librarian, no computer printer

Many improvements on the Oosterdam, but this is not one of them !!

We have just been on the Volendam and while there is no librarian any more, there is still a printer which is useful when needing to print plane boarding passes. The printer was not very visible as it was in a corner of the library.