Name Change

We currently have a reservation on Anthem in November. My wife's reservation is in her maiden name as we don't currently have passports and use birth certificates. We were going to order passports within the next couple weeks and was wondering in RCCL would change her name on the reservation to her married name after we get the passports or would we have to leave it as is and bring marriage certificate with us showing the name change. It would just be easier without the paperwork, since we would have passports now.

Should not be a problem. You can actually change names on the reservation up until 24 hours prior to sailing as long as one guest from the origional reservation remains. I know that scenario does not apply in your case but I just used that to illustrate that name changes are very easy.

Having not encountered this, would it be possible to notify RCCL once you get your Passports that your wife's name has been changed or call ahead and see what they say. I would bring the marriage certificate to show the name change. I have always felt it is better to have more documentation then necessary to cover all the basis.

I had a name issue on a Celebrity cruise as their manifest did not list my name as it is on my passport. Was held up for about 1/2 hour getting off ship when we returned by govt. agent. Made no sense to us as we were back home, he wasn't going to let me back in US.

Make certain her name on ship manifest matches her name on passport. I really don't think it is RCCL that is the issue it appears to be homeland security.

We may have something similar with a child's name and called to ask. We were told it was just a matter of calling customer service then showing up to port with documents matching the name on the reservation.

When you booked, you didn't provide anything verifying the name. That is done at the time of boarding.

We currently have a reservation on Anthem in November. My wife's reservation is in her maiden name as we don't currently have passports and use birth certificates. We were going to order passports within the next couple weeks and was wondering in RCCL would change her name on the reservation to her married name after we get the passports or would we have to leave it as is and bring marriage certificate with us showing the name change. It would just be easier without the paperwork, since we would have passports now.

Unlike the airlines, Royal Caribbean will happily "fix" your wife's name on the reservation once you get your passports and call.

Having not encountered this, would it be possible to notify RCCL once you get your Passports that your wife's name has been changed or call ahead and see what they say. I would bring the marriage certificate to show the name change. I have always felt it is better to have more documentation then necessary to cover all the basis.

for what. She'll either be traveling in her maiden name with a birth certificate or a passport with a name change on the RCL reservation

• 6 months later...

do you have any ifo regarding adding an extra guest to your booking. WE now h ave a family suite and wish to add my sister have had a quote but unsure what happens to set and sail. Only 9 days before sailing and having trouble with RCI Many thanks if you can help!!

do you have any ifo regarding adding an extra guest to your booking. WE now h ave a family suite and wish to add my sister have had a quote but unsure what happens to set and sail. Only 9 days before sailing and having trouble with RCI Many thanks if you can help!!

Once your sister is added to the booking, you can do the online check-in for her (or she can do it herself) and that will generate a SetSail pass for her.