Beer in Cabin??

We have been sailing Carnival and we are able to buy beer through the Fun Shops and its delivered to our cabin before we board. I checked the RC website and I don't see that you can purchase beer. We would be buying the drink package for both of us so is it allowed to get a bucket of beer to bring back to our balcony to enjoy there since we can't order it for our cabin?? Or are you only able to order 1 at a time? Thanks for your help!!

We have been sailing Carnival and we are able to buy beer through the Fun Shops and its delivered to our cabin before we board. I checked the RC website and I don't see that you can purchase beer. We would be buying the drink package for both of us so is it allowed to get a bucket of beer to bring back to our balcony to enjoy there since we can't order it for our cabin?? Or are you only able to order 1 at a time? Thanks for your help!!

No such luck on RCI. There is currently no beer for sale online.

With regards to the package, only one drink at a time.

That said there is nothing stopping you from ordering a beer at a bar and asking the bartender not to open it so that you can stockpile in your cabin.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That said there is nothing stopping you from ordering a beer at a bar and asking the bartender not to open it so that you can stockpile in your cabin.

Since OP was looking to purchase beer in advance for the room: while buckets of beer are not included in the drink package, there is nothing to prevent you from buying a bucket of beer and taking it back to your room. Personally I'd be following constable145's suggestion and getting unopened beers to stockpile. RCI no longer automatically provides ice buckets full of ice, but ask your room steward and he will provide you with ice.

Thom

It depends on the ship and if the bartender is your buddy, which he/she will be if you are a good tipper. :) We do it the way Constable mentioned. Get a bottle still capped at various times and put it in your cabin. We like to stock up so we have beer when we are getting ready for the evening. We have had servers that will bring beers in a bucket.

My DW brings an un opened can of beer back to the room every day. No problem

They wouldn't let me take unopened bottles from them citing 'too many young people onboard that it may get passed on to'

This is what I would do and with my wife having the drink package too, I would get 2 beers, request that they NOT be open. I do this when I do not have the drink package and take them back to cabin. I would do this when I am not drinking so as to not interfere from my regular beer drinking schedule! :) I drink wine at dinner. For me, just before I go to dinner on the first night. :) I would also ask for 2 glasses, if you want so that when the time comes to enjoy, you have the option of can or glass. I buy Boddingtons most times.

I also request cabin steward to remove all the drinks from frog to give me room for my beers.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by shipshape sam

They wouldn't let me take unopened bottles from them citing 'too many young people onboard that it may get passed on to'

That makes absolute no sense. You're allowed to walk away from any bar on the ship with an open beer or any other alcohol drink. Like that couldn't get passed along.

Did you try a different bar or bartender? We have had that happen on an individual basis. Some times you get a stick-in-the-mud bartender that won't let you, but most do. I get the beer package and DW gets the premium. Usually, we remove what is in the frig and tell the cabin steward we won't be using any.

When the ship has buckets of beers (6 for the price of 5) I always get it and take the unopened bottles to the room. It can be a pain to keep them cold if you don't have a cooler but if you find you have bottle that is not cold all the bartenders I have asked will let me swap the warm unopened bottle for a cold one.

Shak

A walk around the ship for an hour or so and a pair of cargo shorts or beach bag and you can have at least 4 beers plus the one your carrying. LOL

I have always managed to have a few extra beers and bottles of water in our cabin.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

That makes absolute no sense. You're allowed to walk away from any bar on the ship with an open beer or any other alcohol drink. Like that couldn't get passed along.

You're right, it makes no sense, but sometimes rules are made and followed, not for logic, but because they are told so. I don't doubt the OP, no matter what you read here, few things are absolute and you will find one ship doing something different.

My favorite silly rule wasn't cruise related, but was at one particular Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant only that one location. They had a self serve pop station (not a freestyle) where you could get your drink and refills. The Manager ordered the staff to give people their cups at the time of order if they ordered pop, but if they ordered water, he made the staff wait to the food was delivered before giving them their water cup. Follow that logic.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/goaliesdad/rclbag_zpscaab122d.jpg

I bring my cooler bag and request ice daily from the room steward. I grab a couple beers in my way back to the room each day. It's a little extra work, but nice to have options when you want to just enjoy some time in your room.

Racerxspeedy,

Did you buy that cooler on the ship or online? Do you remember the price?

Thanks!

Racerxspeedy,

Did you buy that cooler on the ship or online? Do you remember the price?

Thanks!

I bought my royal cooler bag on Oasis Nov 2013 for $12, but since then I have only seen lunch box style bags that are free (cheap). I have taken the good bag with me 6 times and it has not leaked yet -it has an opener built in. It will be back on Oasis in 3 weeks - I will check out what they have this time.