Your "Dream Oceania ship"

auldlassie

almost as she is...NO change except loose Toscana,,, IN TOTAL its all pasta, oil and bread, more oil with garlic and pasta with pasta...

Block all the cell and internet stuff except in your cabin...Its become an obsession and is an irritation in the public spaces to see the techno zombies all whacking away just because they can.... even in the bathroom! ( hey arn't you on a cruise t0 enjoy the scenery and fellow passengers not slave over your best buddy with a lithium battery.. ) Put a limits just as comprehensive as the Smoking rules for where you can brandish your gizmo

Regatta seemed to me the perfect package with the perfect balance of ambiance and sense of the romance of ocean travel as a destination worthy just of its self.

Mercy. I'm a grandma and children don't bother me. They are just children having fun. Come splash on me, it's ok.

I know everyone likes to make fun of Royal Caribbean here - but they do have a very nice, calm, shaded, upscale adults-only pool so you can avoid kids if you want to. It's the area where we usually hang out, with windows open to the sea - so lovely. And truly, no kids.

And I don't understand the chair hogger problem. In reality, there should be enough chairs available that this is not an issue. If there aren't enough chairs for your pleasure, then you are on the wrong ship. IMO

Pretty tough when sharing a floating city of 4000 to 9000 other humans ( pax with crew) because with that many people your going to get w wide range of fellow passengers from the good to the bad and everything in between.

no children under 10 on the ships-means officers could not bring on families nor could 3 generations celebrate the holidays.

no smoking ANYWHERE

food served hot not lukewarm-I sent bac k cold food

but hard to get 500 dinners out hot.

shorter time for meals to be served in the dining venues... under 2hrs would be nice -I like long meals. hard being rushed

Glass fronts on the serving stations in the Terrace right down to the counter so people cannot reach under the glass to get food -thought it was self serve

chairs that are not so low you need a hoist to get up from

change the name of the "A" cabins on the R class ships from Concierge level to something else ...at least on the O class ships you do have a dedicate Concierge at your disposal

people with beverage packages get a wristband ...then they can stop complaining about having to show their seapass card when they order a drink :rolleyes:

the day I wear the band- yea right

Oh Cathi, I think the towels are perfect! We even tried to buy some a number of cruises ago and at first they said okay, we'll get back to you. But when they did, they said no.

Robin, the buffet is NOT self-serve. Even where it looks like it might be, say where the rolls have an implement for self-service.

Mura

Oh Cathi, I think the towels are perfect! We even tried to buy some a number of cruises ago and at first they said okay, we'll get back to you. But when they did, they said no.

Robin, the buffet is NOT self-serve. Even where it looks like it might be, say where the rolls have an implement for self-service.

Mura

I honestly did not know that. Not been on O since 2012. tried the new Marina. Now going to Tahiti and trying to relearn things. I have found at times I with it was. most lunches are salad and tuna and melon. it will take me a while to learn all this. Even the names of areas that I know from R ships.

Your not having been on O in so long explains it. I don't recall that they started out that way, but they did switch over to "non self-serve" rather early. It's been a long time now that it's that way. (Not that everyone follows instructions!)

Mura

Your not having been on O in so long explains it. I don't recall that they started out that way, but they did switch over to "non self-serve" rather early. It's been a long time now that it's that way. (Not that everyone follows instructions!)

Mura

I know people who use 2 or 3 cruiselines vs one.. I tried out three new lines for me in one year. i seem to have stayed with AZ but always looked at O cruises. the Tahiti was to good to pass up for 2017. I might know the deck plans but not the rules. i rather be served.

Edited by ellbon

Robin, in that case you should be happy! The system started because of people just grabbing things and tossing them back ...

Once Noro started to be a problem (well, actually even before!), O decided to limit access!

We find that it works fine! I don't mind being served. I tell the guy in back of the counter what I want on my salad, etc., and he prepares it.

I will confess that I once helped myself to a roll (with the tongs!) because no server was in sight, and then I immediately felt TERRIBLY guilty. But at least I didn't pick up the roll with my fingers and toss it back, which other passengers have witnessed on occasion.

Mura

I honestly did not know that. Not been on O since 2012. tried the new Marina..

I think even back in 2004 there was very little self serve areas in the Terrace

Bread was one area & desserts you could choose your own

I think Oceania would be better if they didn't require the stateroom attendants to fold the tissue and toilet paper in triangles as part of the bathroom cleaning process. Why would anyone want to use a tissue on your face that someone else had touched. I have been throwing the folded tissue out for years, especially when there is any widespread health issues onboard.

Multiply the time required to do this across the entire ship and this would amount to hours in a week. I always ask myself, did this make my stateroom any cleaner?

everything that Cathi said, (I also hated the scratchy towels!) as well as introduce an "intranet" which would allow for all sorts of communication/information to be accessed...even offer a kind of community bulletin board.

We would definitely read "Currents" and port info online; if we could "sign up" for the intranet we would be acknowledging that we would be willing to forego paper copies and it's 1 less thing for the room attendant to do.

There were some opportunities on ATW16 for people to share things (like surgical boots, battery chargers or extra bottles of sunscreen) which would have been nice for other passengers to know about and the community bulletin board would be a nice way to do that.