14 Points Shy of Elite

DanL

I spoke with the CC host on an earlier cruise and she told me that precedence has been set although wouldn't give me examples that someone so close to Elite has been granted Elite status early upon boarding. Her advice to me was go and see the CC host as soon as you board and plead your case. Apparently she can get approval from Head office. I don't know how successful you will be but it is worth a try. Please let us know how you get on because we are also 8 points off Elite for our upcoming October cruise which has a number of tender ports. The cocktail party is of little significance to us as we have a drinks package but early tender spots would be.

Celebrity has been very consistent in applying Captain's Club points after a cruise is completed. Wonder if the CC hostess didn't understand the question or simply mis-spoke. The last several years we have spent 60 - 75 days each year on Celebrity cruises, and I have never heard of any exceptions.

I will also be on the Solstice October 8th cruise, and will be looking for "Bean41" in the priority tender line!

Celebrity has been very consistent in applying Captain's Club points after a cruise is completed. Wonder if the CC hostess didn't understand the question or simply mis-spoke. The last several years we have spent 60 - 75 days each year on Celebrity cruises, and I have never heard of any exceptions.

I will also be on the Solstice October 8th cruise, and will be looking for "Bean41" in the priority tender line!

It is not something that one would run around the ship shouting their mouth off about, hence it is unlikely anyone not in the immediate loop would get to hear about.

I hope to be in that priority line but if not C'est la vie

Doing the points math on the previous Celebrity cruise might have been hindsight 20/20.

On our last Celebrity cruise in April that was a 10 nighter,,,, we would have been 1 whole point shy of Elite Plus coming in after the completed cruise at 749. :(

Watched a super price our on our 10 nighter Pop-Up 45 days inside final payment for a GTY Consigner Class....... upgraded our Veranda for $50pp and bagged the additional extra 20 points and really enjoyed the CC. Now on the next Celebrity cruise in October we are Elite Plus not 1 point shy. :cool:

Maybe you should let them know he's coming so he can be sure to get his special treatment.;) Actually, since it's already been posted here, why not just post it on your roll call to be sure no one else misses out either.

Edited by Ma Bell

We were going to be a few points shy of Elite for our Panama Canal Cruise in May '17 after completing our Alaskan cruise in June '16.

I had run the numbers far in advance and was able to sneak in a short cruise in January of '16 so that we could enjoy Elite perks for PC - lucky for us we live in Florida so it was a no brainer.

Why I exactly wanted those points I'm not sure - we have the Bev Pkg (already upgraded to Prem) and are in a suite so have Michael's too, I never send my clothes to the laundry. I don't know - finally becoming Elite is just the feeling that you are "in the club" so to speak. I'm excited to attend that first Elite cocktail party :D Yeah silly but hey - there you have it.

To the OP - yes you can ask for an exception, I'm sure you won't be the first, but I do not believe that you will get your wish - there are too many others in the exact same situation and you are no more special than the next cruiser.

Hey Mynki....I happen to take my 14 points to go to free Lattes and more laundry VERY SERIOUSLY!! :) Took 20 long years to get here, and the heart wants what it wants! Besides, a latte or espresso with gratuity is $8.00 for us Canucks. :( That's 14 points to Elite Plus. Won't get to Zenith in my lifetime.

Yep. But I did say Elite and not Elite +. :)

I can see Elite + being a real benefit for TA's and TP's. Lots of sea days to lounge around in Cafe Al Bacio etc... I could easliy drink $20 to $30 dollars worth per day!

Elite isn't quite as generous though. But as I've said before I still their the loyalty programme with this line is light years ahead of other lines.

We won't get to Zenith and to be brutally honest I don't think I'd want to because it would mean sailing more or less exclusively with one line and limited itineraries. The zenith perks are great, though how much would you have to spend to achieve that level of perks?

Beanb41- If you are successful in getting that exception and receive your Elite status before you have earned it, please be sure to let us know. Then next cruise I can ask the cc rep to boost me up to Zenith before I have actually earned it. Heck, I'm only about 800 points away.

No one seems to mention one of our favorite perks that comes along with being Elite, so why not bring it up.

Really enjoy the "Elite Breakfast" in Tuscan Grill, gourmet coffee's, Hermosa's and Bloody Mary's. Nice benny if you ask me. :cool:

No one seems to mention one of our favorite perks that comes along with being Elite, so why not bring it up.

Really enjoy the "Elite Breakfast" in Tuscan Grill, gourmet coffee's, Hermosa's and Bloody Mary's. Nice benny if you ask me. :cool:

Agree.

Beanb41- If you are successful in getting that exception and receive your Elite status before you have earned it, please be sure to let us know. Then next cruise I can ask the cc rep to boost me up to Zenith before I have actually earned it. Heck, I'm only about 800 points away.

We'd like that too! E + earned......Zenith so far far away!

On your next cruise ask, you never know the result until you do. If you are turned down keep cruising we will be. Keep watching you may get an answer by Christmas when we get home., but then another post on this thread says I should keep quiet. No winners

Edited by Beanb41

On the Aust /NZ forum is a thread about the pompousness and snobbery of RCCL Diamond and Platinum members by flouting their pins in front of others implying that they are better than others. I thought Celebrity Elite and above members were above that sort of thing but apparently I am wrong. We are a bit egalitarian downunder and status symbols aren't so important. If a perk is on the offing however we are in.

On the Aust /NZ forum is a thread about the pompousness and snobbery of RCCL Diamond and Platinum members by flouting their pins in front of others implying that they are better than others. I thought Celebrity Elite and above members were above that sort of thing but apparently I am wrong. We are a bit egalitarian downunder and status symbols aren't so important. If a perk is on the offing however we are in.

I haven't seen anyone other than you flouting anything here. Everyone seems to be content to "earn" their loyalty status as expected. No one else is boasting about secret conversations with Celebrity employees and expecting to be granted an exception to the rules. I was under the impression that egalitarianism would include everyone being treated equally or does that only apply to others:confused:

I haven't seen anyone other than you flouting anything here. Everyone seems to be content to "earn" their loyalty status as expected. No one else is boasting about secret conversations with Celebrity employees and expecting to be granted an exception to the rules. I was under the impression that egalitarianism would include everyone being treated equally or does that only apply to others:confused:

I guess you are forgetting when Celebrity changed to the new tier system, some were quite upset and very vocal on this board.;)

I guess you are forgetting when Celebrity changed to the new tier system, some were quite upset and very vocal on this board.;)

No I haven't forgotten but we're not talking about the past on this thread. Yes, some were upset but they still went by the rules.

Edited by Ma Bell

So those of us who disagree with folk that feel they should get benefits from Celebrity before they've earned them consider themselves better than others? Oh the irony! Lol

So those of us who disagree with folk that feel they should get benefits from Celebrity before they've earned them consider themselves better than others? Oh the irony! Lol

Wasn't aware anyone said they "should", if I have missed that post please indicate it to me. Am aware of many who would be sucking on lemons because someone "might".

I spoke with the CC host on an earlier cruise and she told me that precedence has been set although wouldn't give me examples that someone so close to Elite has been granted Elite status early upon boarding. Her advice to me was go and see the CC host as soon as you board and plead your case. Apparently she can get approval from Head office. I don't know how successful you will be but it is worth a try. Please let us know how you get on because we are also 8 points off Elite for our upcoming October cruise which has a number of tender ports. The cocktail party is of little significance to us as we have a drinks package but early tender spots would be.

I'm sure it's technically possible to bump someone up early. However, can anyone think of a valid reason to do so?

Knowing how appalling internal communication can be within Celebrity I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if the CC host you spoke to had gotten the wrong end of the stick. I'd be very surprised if this happened in the real world.

Think about it, if this was done you'd annoy all of your most loyal customers in one go. It makes no sense to me at all. It would also cheapen the whole loyalty problem which is arguably the best in the cruise industry. Why would they do that?