Is it true- NCL ship pins

collectingcoke

Breakaway stopped giving them out automatically in 2015, had to asked the Latitude rep @ Shorex onboard. Same on BA this May - no longer included in the Welcome envelope.

For our convenience, of course. :D Good for the bottom line & better for the environment as NCL claimed we are throwing them out & wasteful.

Pretty soon, we will be bartering & trading them on our own, just like baseball cards, LOL. :p Ah, yes - auction them off *Bay, or, as door prizes for Meet & Greet.

Who posted this on FB? Was it an official announcement from NCL or a passenger posting to the page?

There have been occasional reports like this from a couple of ships, but I haven't seen any official word from NCL (for example on the Latitudes benefits page). I know, NCL would be the last to tell us what's happening on board NCL, but for the moment I'm leaning towards thinking this is a story they're telling people on a couple of ships because it sounds a little better than just "sorry we ran out".

Well from the NCL web page as of today."Please note: Ship pin and onboard discounts are available on all sailings. All other benefits are available on sailings 5 days or longer. Welcome Gift, Chocolate-Covered Strawberries and Sparkling Wine are delivered as one per stateroom."

So somebody needs to get hold of the IT department (snicker snicker).

I didn't get one on the Escape in April but my sister did. Maybe it just depends on the Steward

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of our recent trips we had only one in the room so went down to the onboard consultant and got the other.

I asked room steward, service desk and even the CD and all said no more ship pins for Pearl (at least). I was bummed.

On our trip two weeks ago on the Gem, the cruise next rep said, you have to ask for them and he had plenty. Two days later which was the last night of the cruise my DH asked guest service and they said they don't have any more left. My guess is they still have them but might have been packed away for the next cruise.

I would guess that NCL is making an Olympic sport of it.

Ship pins awarded to cruisers who have mastered the leap of faith with NCL

customer relations department !

The 20 deck double sommersault off the flag mast on the bow avoiding the

bubble keel and passing the gauntlet of the twin azipods in the stern.

And then the 400 meter swim like heck to catch the rapidly vanishing ship.

Perhaps the free (as if anything is free on NCL) wall climbing with cataract

plunge into the kiddie swimming pool cannon ball event. Sorry kids no more

free water in your pool - have your folks ante up to fill it bottle by bottle !

In the MDR the catch your own lobster and eat it alive before it def-eats you

- remember the Halloween diving for apples event.

There are more medal events (ship pins presentation) but I am not going to

give NCL any more "Rules of the Game" advice the waters are pretty murky

here in interpretation !

Oh the Captain just called and said I won the Gold in row boat circumnavigation

of the moving ship - I cheated using a jet propelled water ski device.

Oh about those ship pins NCL would not authorize the flaming creps suzette

hoops event in the MDR there is such a low ceiling for pole vaulting.

Also the splash down area in the chocolate display wouldn't be pretty.

Here is a Ebay LINK to ship pins:

Cruise Ship Pins

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xcruise+ship+pins.TRS0&_nkw=cruise+ship+pins&_sacat=0

NCL Cruise Ship pins

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XNCL+cruise+ship+pins.TRS0&_nkw=NCL+cruise+ship+pins&_sacat=0

Note the recent pins are of cheap plastic design - look to get those that are

made of metal older design.

Some cruise ship lines don't have individual ship pins but merely use a star

or rank symbol - i.e. Princess lines use a ranking system - Holland-America

uses a star system for frequent cruisers.

NCL has the newer plastic pins and older metal ones and some with Latitudes

labeling - don't pay a lot for the cheap plastic give away ones - the metal ones

are a much better momento value.

If into collecting look to buy more from the same seller for a better Shipping &

Handling bulk price.

Thinking of a future cruise - buy the pin now tomorrow they maybe history !

Re-cap NCL is making GOLD history in the event of changing contract themes

and give and takeaway perks promos and customer convenience items i.e. water and other beverages.

Breakaway stopped giving them out automatically in 2015, had to asked the Latitude rep @ Shorex onboard. Same on BA this May - no longer included in the Welcome envelope.

For our convenience, of course. :D Good for the bottom line & better for the environment as NCL claimed we are throwing them out & wasteful.

Pretty soon, we will be bartering & trading them on our own, just like baseball cards, LOL. :p Ah, yes - auction them off *Bay, or, as door prizes for Meet & Greet.

i didnt even know about pins until l read this thread. i wonder if i buy a ship model if they will toss one in free.

or maybe my butler can get me one :)

i didnt even know about pins until l read this thread. i wonder if i buy a ship model if they will toss one in free.

or maybe my butler can get me one :)

Strictly speaking you are entitled to a pin from your second cruise onward, but I'm sure they'll give you one (if they still have any). You don't have to buy anything.

don't-use-real-name, I didn't understand most of your message, but the current pins are not plastic. I'm not saying they're worth much, and I would never bother buying one off eBay, but the quality is pretty good for a freebie.

A Facebook post on NCL page reporting that NCL has discontinued the ship pins. If so I am so bummed love collecting them. What else can they take away from us - honestly this is just another straw. Uggggh.

You may like them but most get thrown out. If this is a straw, you have other issues.

I would guess that NCL is making an Olympic sport of it. Ship pins awarded to cruisers who have mastered the leap of faith with NCL customer relations department ! The 20 deck double sommersault off the flag mast on the bow avoiding the bubble keel and passing the gauntlet of the twin azipods in the stern. And then the 400 meter swim like heck to catch the rapidly vanishing ship. Perhaps the free (as if anything is free on NCL) wall climbing with cataract plunge into the kiddie swimming pool cannon ball event. Sorry kids no more free water in your pool - have your folks ante up to fill it bottle by bottle ! In the MDR the catch your own lobster and eat it alive before it def-eats you - remember the Halloween diving for apples event.

There are more medal events (ship pins presentation) but I am not going to give NCL any more "Rules of the Game" advice the waters are pretty murky here in interpretation !

Oh the Captain just called and said I won the Gold in row boat circumnavigation of the moving ship - I cheated using a jet propelled water ski device.

Oh about those ship pins NCL would not authorize the flaming creps suzette hoops event in the MDR there is such a low ceiling for pole vaulting. Also the splash down area in the chocolate display wouldn't be pretty.

Note the recent pins are of cheap plastic design - look to get those that are made of metal older design. Some cruise ship lines don't have individual ship pins but merely use a star or rank symbol - i.e. Princess lines use a ranking system - Holland-America uses a star system for frequent cruisers. NCL has the newer plastic pins and older metal ones and some with Latitudes labeling - don't pay a lot for the cheap plastic give away ones - the metal ones are a much better momento value. If into collecting look to buy more from the same seller for a better Shipping & Handling bulk price.

Thinking of a future cruise - buy the pin now tomorrow they maybe history !

Re-cap NCL is making GOLD history in the event of changing contract themes and give and takeaway perks promos and customer convenience items i.e. water and other beverages.

What???? I guess there is an attempted at humor somewhere in this?!?? I don't get it.

Edited by BirdTravels

We asked for and received two from Breakaway's latitude rep last week. She confirmed that when they are gone that are not receiving any more.

Same from the Escape last week....they did have them....but the rep said that once they are gone....they are gone for good! WE got two.....not sure why they are even important as I do not plan on being one of "those" people that wear them proudly on their hats etc.....just my opinion of course...but my hubby does like to collect them....and proceeds to throw them in his desk drawer!