What do you have a harder time with?

When you are still 6 months out from a cruise or when it is right around 30 days left?

Personally for me, it is at 30 days. The days seem to drag by at this point for me because I am ready to go on vacation and it is close but still oh so far away.

What about for you guys?

They're equally arduous when I'm actively thinking about the cruise. After spending the past year planning 2 cruises, I don't know what I'll do come October, when they are both over. Definitely won't be cruising in 2017. Now that will be hard.

I would say the hardest part is waiting the 1 1/2 yrs then it is time to leave for our cruise and it is over and we are home before we know it.

Yeah waiting that long between vacations is really hard. I try to do 3-4 a year so I don't have to. :)

It's definately harder 6 months out, we are not cruising until March and it's worse knowing that we have a long dark winter ahead of us too. once final payment comes then I am happy as I can get the cases out in a spare room and gradually start putting things in and start the 10weeks today, 9 weeks today, 8 weeks today, the last 30 days just goes by as quickly as the cruise does! :D

6 months out for me.

The worst is coming home from a great cruise and knowing it will be a long time til the next one.

We had been cruising once a year, but in the past year or so, we did two. Hopefully, we can continue to do so in the future.

Before we retired and moved to Florida, I always booked cruises at least a year out.....usually longer than that. So the planning and waiting seemed to take forever. We've lived in Florida for just over a year now, and we've already done one cruise that we booked about 6 weeks out, and our upcoming cruise, that we booked at about 6 months out. Waiting times are much different for me now:D:cool:

The last week prior. 1 have everything ready to be packed. But not in suitcases. 2. There is always a big ouchy in the budget a week out.

3 Roll call goes crazy with last minute planners.

So last week for me is the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question.. I think the few weeks leading up to a trip are hardest. When I book something far out, I am so happy & the fun of planning begins. Now that I'm 2 weeks out, I am done planning and I have summer fever like at the end of a school year. Lol. No, I'm a teacher but remember that feeling from school?!

When you are still 6 months out from a cruise or when it is right around 30 days left?

Personally for me, it is at 30 days. The days seem to drag by at this point for me because I am ready to go on vacation and it is close but still oh so far away.

What about for you guys?

Normally we cruise annually. The worst time is when I have 10-11 months to go. The thrill of the last cruise is starting to fade, my review is done. 30 days out is great, we are usually doing something to get ready every day, my roll call will usually be adding to the excitement.

They're equally arduous when I'm actively thinking about the cruise. After spending the past year planning 2 cruises, I don't know what I'll do come October, when they are both over. Definitely won't be cruising in 2017. Now that will be hard.

That's a good point, at least it would be for me.

It's definately harder 6 months out, we are not cruising until March and it's worse knowing that we have a long dark winter ahead of us too. once final payment comes then I am happy as I can get the cases out in a spare room and gradually start putting things in and start the 10weeks today, 9 weeks today, 8 weeks today, the last 30 days just goes by as quickly as the cruise does! :D

Very good post, 6 months is that balance between remembering the last cruise and switching to looking forward to the next one. This year we decided we needed another getaway and booked a short notice cheap one.

Six months for me. The initial excitement of booking is long past and I have researched everything. I think I will get excited again when I can start scheduling dining and shows but until about a month out, it is just waiting

Six months from today! Yay?

Early in our cruising years, I was working full time so we were unable to cruise but every other year or up to 3 yrs apart. Since then we did 3 in 2014 with our trip to Sydney, Aust & cruising back to Vancouver, one last Oct, one booked for next August and two in April of 2018. I think I am trying to make up for lost time.:D DH sits back and says. " Oh no another one ":)

I think being close is harder. That last month is grueling. I start traveling two weeks from today. I feel like I still have so much to do. Mentally, I'm already out the door. I can't get enough cruising. Im glad I discovered periscope.

The closer it gets, the worse it gets.

I plan for months. I make lists. I research on what we want to do in each port. There's so much time to wait until we leave, I fiddle around.

Then, all of a sudden, WHAM. The flight leaves in 2 days and I don't have a thing ready and panic sets in.

Wow, that last week really goes by FAST!

And then after we return, there's that aching waiting feeling until the next one.

I think being close is harder. That last month is grueling. I start traveling two weeks from today. I feel like I still have so much to do. Mentally, I'm already out the door. I can't get enough cruising. Im glad I discovered periscope.

The last week before the cruise is the hardest.

About periscope.. Any suggestions to follow someone who is "cruise obsessed:D " It would definitely make days before our cruise in November go faster!