Will it be chaos in port ??

DKNE

Of all the ships in port through the years we have cruised, we have never had a whole slew of ships at once, I think the most was 4 or less.

In approximately 12 days we will be in Nassau with a total of 6 ships or almost 16,000 people, and 5 of those ships arriving at 8am and 1 at 7am. Its will be an 'amazing race' to see who gets to the port first lol

Will it be total and utter chaos when leaving the ship and once in Nassau ?

Wow....in May we had 3 ships in port at same time....it was busy. 6 will be crowded but there are so many shops, vendors, bars and excursions, I doubt it will be chaos

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

I think that is fairly normal for Nassau to have that many ships, and probably why so many don't like it there. I was there two years ago on a cruise, and there were at least 5 ships in port, probably 6.

The streets were pretty jammed and crowded, as were the shops, but I endured it:D I used to vacation in Nassau 20 years ago or so, quite often, and this was my first time back. Yes it was busy, crowded, but I still enjoyed it.

yes it will be crowded near the docks area. LOL...no chaos though!

Edited by SMSACE6

Of all the ships in port through the years we have cruised, we have never had a whole slew of ships at once, I think the most was 4 or less.

In approximately 12 days we will be in Nassau with a total of 6 ships or almost 16,000 people, and 5 of those ships arriving at 8am and 1 at 7am. Its will be an 'amazing race' to see who gets to the port first lol

Stay on the nearly empty ship.

Don't forget there's a bus that will take you and bring you back to the ship if a person is in need of help. But a bit congested other than that it moves rather smoothly.

Edited by BoDidly

It's great when your ship is the only one in port. 5 or 6 ships it's crowded but you deal with it. If your in a tender port you would want give your self plenty of time. What can be a hassle is when coming home, 6 ships in port and your flying home the airport may be packed.

I keep posting that Cable Beach is one of the nicest beaches in Nassau and it is only a short cab or bus ride away from the port.

Amazing how few cruisers go there.

Would you suggest Cable beach over tiki bikini hut beach ? We haven't decided what to do yet in Nassau.