Cancellation vs Delay

I have experienced most combinations of last-minute changes.

Royal Caribbean will take care of everything.

If they keep the ship out to sea and you can't board for a day or two, they will pay for hotel, meals, and transportation, within reason.

We were supposed to be on the Brilliance of Seas cruise that got fogged out,.....delayed..... and eventually cancelled.

When we showed the first boarding day we were finally told at 3:00pm the ship wasn't coming. They gave us lists of hotels and told us to come back the next day and Royal would take care of it.......but sadly that was not true.

After calling and speaking with several people at corporate we were told we were given incorrect information.

We had trip insurance and were lucky enough to snag a hotel room, but there were many people who were not prepared to stay overnight.

I am glad others have been taken care of, but on this trip it did not happen.

I have experienced most combinations of last-minute changes.

Royal Caribbean will take care of everything.

If they keep the ship out to sea and you can't board for a day or two, they will pay for hotel, meals, and transportation, within reason.

If they alert you ahead of time and you change flights, they will cover the change fee.

If they change your itinerary, and the port fees increase, they will not charge you more.

If they change your itinerary and the port fees decrease, they will give you a refund as OBC on your SeaPass account.

I have no complaints about how RC treated me on any of these occasions.

If you have more specific questions or concerns, please ask.

Wait a minute, you were quite vocal on your Anthem cruise last year. Why the change if heart

This is again, another reason why I would not book a cruise during hurricane season. I also tend to stress about things like this, and to prevent undue stress on myself and therefore stressing my husband...I simply choose not to book any Caribbean cruise during hurricane season. There are so many different factors that can come up if a storm pops up.

From my research and reading the boards on CC for the past several years, the best option to cover cancellation or extra costs incurred (change flights/additional hotel stay, etc) is to utilize your trip insurance. RCCL does their best to take care of their customers, but in actuality they don't have to do a whole lot. Itineraries can change at any given time (even while on board). You can expect some OBC's if the ship itself is delayed in port or is cut short.

This is again, another reason why I would not book a cruise during hurricane season. I also tend to stress about things like this, and to prevent undue stress on myself and therefore stressing my husband...I simply choose not to book any Caribbean cruise during hurricane season. There are so many different factors that can come up if a storm pops up.

From my research and reading the boards on CC for the past several years, the best option to cover cancellation or extra costs incurred (change flights/additional hotel stay, etc) is to utilize your trip insurance. RCCL does their best to take care of their customers, but in actuality they don't have to do a whole lot. Itineraries can change at any given time (even while on board). You can expect some OBC's if the ship itself is delayed in port or is cut short.

Hurricane season runs from June 1 until November 30. Does that mean you have cancelled your November sailing?

Since we live in Florida, we book short cruises during the "season" all the time. Figure worst is they cancel or we have a rainy weekend. We have had some rainy ones (and not always during hurricane season) but never one canceled

We make the most of it. We have fun no matter what. I remember one year I think it rained every 3 night cruise from Feb - Aug. Sept/Oct/Nov gorgeous weather. So you just never know

Would I book a week during hurricane season - no. We book our week cruises in April and Dec so we have a much better chance of nice weather and so far so good, rarely bad weather on a week cruise -day here and there, but that is it

Wait a minute, you were quite vocal on your Anthem cruise last year. Why the change if heart

Yes, I didn't figure that into my reply. But I was on board the whole time, so wasn't affected by the hotel - flying - miscellaneous cost thing.

When my Allure cruise was changed by a hurricane, the cruise before us got two extra days and we lost two days.

RC paid my airfare changes, my hotel room, my meals. And we got a nice big juicy OBC. Wow, that 150 Central Park dinner with wine pairing was A.MA.ZING.

I am disappointed when RC doesn't compensate similar situations similarly. THAT is a problem.

I am HOPING that the current cruisers will be treated as well as we were in 2012.

This is again, another reason why I would not book a cruise during hurricane season.

Thank you , and others, for this. That is why we get such good last minute prices in September and October; along with school beginning and now Zika!!

And in the winter, if you live where there is sn ow and ice, you run the risk of not getting out due to snow. So it is a crap shoot. We always travel during hurricane season and this is the first time in many years that there has been reason for concern.

Thank you , and others, for this. That is why we get such good last minute prices in September and October; along with school beginning and now Zika!!

a32f933c0f1453340ecab29ae9db5dc5.jpg

We have 10 in season next year.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

And in the winter, if you live where there is sn ow and ice, you run the risk of not getting out due to snow. So it is a crap shoot. We always travel during hurricane season and this is the first time in many years that there has been reason for concern.

Plus, this year, the first named storm was actually in January.

We have air to sea but not sure how it works? Do they hold the ship if flight is delayed? Or transport you to next stop?

They will do whichever they can to get you to the ship, however I expect they would not hold the ship very long unless there were a large number of people delayed.