Allure - Live August 28th to September 4th - Changes in Latitude Change my Attitude

A&L_Ont

Well, I will probably miss your 10 AM departure - but since we live in central FF, it makes no sense for me to drive to Detroit, then fly to FL when I'm already here. :confused: I'm just going to meet up with you in FLL for my virtual cruise with you. In the meantime, maybe I will try to figure out that Periscope thingy that so many of you seem so addicteed to. As if I need something else to be addicted to...... :eek:

So excited!!! Love your reviews!!!! Enjoy your cruise and thank you for taking us along!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On a ship that holds thousands I don't think they'll notice a few extras. ;) I. Happy to bring you all along. :D

Final Countdown is on -- see you tomorrow. Safe travels Andrew.

T- Minus 3...2....1.... Blast Off!

If it doesn't help, I might have another live review in November. Actually that might not help either. :p

Ok now you're just rubbing it in!!:)

I just looked at your set sail day next year. We will actually be on Harmony a few weeks before you too. Just think of me as your court jester entertaining you until your embarkation day arrives. I love making these type of sacrifices. Just no virgins into volcanoes, unless it is a virgin daiquiri.:p

Hail, Hail, the gang's all here!

:D A classic! :D Can you bring home a live starfish for me? I'll try to bring home a bear for you. :eek:

I will join you on Massadam in a few days on the HAL boards. OK, one starfish for Maureen, check. After you did the acts of kindness let's see what I can do for you.;)

Well, I will probably miss your 10 AM departure - but since we live in central FF, it makes no sense for me to drive to Detroit, then fly to FL when I'm already here. :confused: I'm just going to meet up with you in FLL for my virtual cruise with you. In the meantime, maybe I will try to figure out that Periscope thingy that so many of you seem so addicteed to. As if I need something else to be addicted to...... :eek:

Yes, get onto the scopes, they can be worth it. I love to use it to throw live action into a live review. There are people who follow my scopes that don't even know that there is a live review to read. I think they could be missing the better part.

As for not driving to DRW that's a great plan. They say the streets of Florida are filled with bad drivers, while the streets of Detroit have what I will call unique drivers.

If I can't sleep this morning how will I sleep tomorrow morning.[emoji23] Like I said last night, there are a few things to do before we leave. Garbage out, feed Lucy (farm cat), suitcases in the car etc...

I happily set up my work email yesterday.

8fa764a1d27c4c0989d25470dd367ab2.jpg

If I can't sleep this morning how will I sleep tomorrow morning.[emoji23] Like I said last night, there are a few things to do before we leave. Garbage out, feed Lucy (farm cat), suitcases in the car etc...

I happily set up my work email yesterday.

8fa764a1d27c4c0989d25470dd367ab2.jpg

Hopefully you'll be awake enough to not put the suitcases out, the garbage in the car, and still feed Lucy! At least we know you got the "out of office" message right! Enjoy your cruise, Andrew, and hi to the family for us....

Now, we have a few minutes to kill before we can leave at 10. It will prepare us for waiting tomorrow morning.

The luggage is now in the car but there was a discussion about it. You know the one, about how the it should fit? Lisa got a new car this year and we still haven't figured out the packing order for our bags yet.

She said but it should this way, and in my "man knowledge of engineering degree" I stated it won't fit. My direct quote was "I've stacked a lot of hay bales in my day and I know it isn't going to fit". With two small moves it was all in. I did the smart thing and sincerely apologized. She followed with an a snarky comment about hay bales, flipped the middle finger and gave a laugh. Needless to say we are off to a great start. [emoji3]

Bags are in.

54fd612b2da3ea3db02671b2a0886432.jpg

IMO now the most important bag is in.

bc8e62fcd6439fb2af75f981ef28c296.jpg

Lucy must have been dog in her pervious life. She is giving us the stink eye, because we are going away.

bfc67a469b926591d61a9ee2c482571e.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

I never knew they let you bring your own boards for flow rider??

Btw, report this morning from chandlm that Francesco and company no longer rotate, so I think you lucked out. ;)

Edited by MattInFLL

Hey Andrew, I grew up not far from where you describe your home. A little more populous and forest-y than Stratford ;-).

I'll be following along here and the scopes.

Hopefully all of the 1500 or so folks that blew across the river into Canada the other day won't still be slowing things down at the border.

Watch out for the car-sized potholes on the Interstate on the way to the airport.

Safe travels to you both.

Edited by chef_christoph

I never knew they let you bring your own boards for flow rider??

Btw, report this morning from chandlm that Francesco and company no longer rotate, so I think you lucked out. ;)

Yes sir, and I have brought them for a few years. Great news on the no rotation, for Francesco and L99.

Matt, if you look at the pic again there is a little something tucked under it's cover. I noticed after I posted it.[emoji3]

Edited by A&L_Ont

On our way!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woohoo, excited for you guys!

Thanks for doing this review here and live on periscope, it's great that people like you share your time!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Andrew, Enjoy your cruise and good luck with the weather. No one seems to know where the system is going so I hope the Captain gets you into fair winds and sunny skies. I board on September 4th, but I'm only in a Boardwalk balcony. Maybe I'll hit the lottery and get to try a crown loft someday.

We are also on Sept 4th see you there!

We made it to the airport and are checked in.

A few quick picks. Here we are approaching the Ontario - Michigan border.

fc232612914050937bcf1e15f8a65b2a.jpg

On the Blue Water Bridge. That water of Lake Huron sure isn't Caribbean blue.

13c6e44b6b069f62eed8d28dd8bc956a.jpg

We applied for Nexus (the Canadian Version of Global Entry) last year and have throughly enjoyed having it. We cleared US customs in 5 minutes and the other lines were at least 20 minutes long. It has paid off in spades.

It also helped wth TSA pre check and will come in handy on disembarkation day. OK, that will be the last day I mention that nasty word.

Edited by A&L_Ont

So our flight might be a bit delayed. Here's a radar shot as of right now.

207b0f793fbac3342dcd61bd82fac065.jpg

This image is for take off time. The good thing is our plane is at the gate already.

f000f198eb7b166654aef2a844a89d5f.jpg

Hey Andrew, I grew up not far from where you describe your home. A little more populous and forest-y than Stratford ;-).

I'll be following along here and the scopes.

Hopefully all of the 1500 or so folks that blew across the river into Canada the other day won't still be slowing things down at the border.

Watch out for the car-sized potholes on the Interstate on the way to the airport.

Safe travels to you both.

You are pretty good with your location guess to where we live. We are north of the forest city and west of Stratford. Right in the snow belt, which right now isn't a factor. [emoji106]

The Port Huron float down must be quite the party. I don't think our neighbours to the south ever thought they end up on our side of the border. Thankfully every one was safe and sound.

We also did a great job avoiding all the potholes on the way here.

Hopefully you'll be awake enough to not put the suitcases out, the garbage in the car, and still feed Lucy! At least we know you got the "out of office" message right! Enjoy your cruise, Andrew, and hi to the family for us....

Will do. Say hi to the gang at your place for us.

The reason to fly in a day early! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Indeed. On of first couple of rookie cruises we flew in the day of and after out first "close" call we changed that routine. Even going the day before can occasionally make it interesting.

We had our FLL hotel booked for an extra night (Sunday) in case Invest99 turned into something bigger. We cancelled them this morning as things look to be OK as a of now.

Indeed. On of first couple of rookie cruises we flew in the day of and after out first "close" call we changed that routine. Even going the day before can occasionally make it interesting.

We had our FLL hotel booked for an extra night (Sunday) in case Invest99 turned into something bigger. We cancelled them this morning as things look to be OK as a of now.

We always fly in a day ahead (from California). Last time to FLL got a call at 10:30 pm the night before we were flying that our 6 a.m. flight had been cancelled. :eek: A bit of panic but in the end we were rescheduled and arrived in FLL at 1a.m. Got a few winks and we were ready to go. Made me think do we need to go in 2 days ahead.

Good to hear the weather is looking better. Early Bon Voyage! :D

As I type our gateway has been closed for boarding due to lightening. Those that needed more time got to board and then they shut the walkway. Just waiting in line but at least we are not stuck on the plane.

Edited by A&L_Ont