Is my OBC Refundable?

Go to the guest service desk and ask,they can look it up and fell you what type you have

We had a situation recently where we had some OBC from a TA which I knew was refundable. When we went to guest services to ask for it to be refunded, the rep stated it was not refundable. After pressing the issue, she asked someone else and they looked at our account and said yes, it is refundable. The first rep was very adamant, too. I guess she was new. So you need to know if it's from a TA or from Royal, because if Royal gave it to you, it isn't refundable. Having said all of that, I know there are ways to get that OBC from Royal as cash, but I've never done that so maybe someone else can chime in on that.

As other posters have stated, the SOURCE of your OBC is what determines whether or not it's refundable.

OBC from Royal Caribbean - not refundable

OBC from a TA - refundable

OBC from RC Visa points - refundable

My suggestion is to try to use it on your cruise and not worry about it being refundable. Don't prepay your gratuities and they'll be charged to your account each day. Don't prepay a drink package, internet package or specialty dining - you can purchase these things onboard and charge to your account. Your OBC will offset any charges made to your account and reduce your bill in the end.

Have a great cruise!

Judy

What about OBC from a Royal Caribbean gift certificate that was purchased for a passenger to use on their cruise? I believe this type of OBC is refundable, since it is considered "purchased" OBC.

Purchased OBC through Gifts and Gear is fully refundable. Gift certificates can only be used for payments to your account prior to sailing and cannot be used on board the ship.

We had some refundable OBC left on our recent cruise on Indy. Does anybody know approx how long this takes to be refunded to the card it was purchased through?

Thank you

It would be refunded to the card used to secure the onboard account. Should not take more than 5-10 business days.

Last year we got our bought OBC back as cash on the last day - I am hoping that I can still get unused back as $ and for it not to be refunded to my card. I have set up a cash account. Is this still possible?

On every cruise we take (not just Royal cruises either), we usually add OBC's to our on board account before we ever step on the ship. We do this through the Gifts department of Royal Caribbean as gift certificates.

Almost every single cruise we have had left over OBC's and we get those back as cash the last night from guest services. I believe that you can get cash up to a certain amount. If it exceeds that amount they will refund it to the card on account. We have never been to that limit so we always walk away with cash. It's a great feeling! :)

We just got off the Grandeur last Saturday. We had $100 non refundable OBC from RCCI and $50 refundable OBC from a Christmas Gift from our son, and $150 refundable OBC from our RCCI Visa card. The RCCI $100 was used on our purchases first and then they started into our two other refundable OBC amounts. The last day of the cruise, I went to Guest Services and cashed out the refundable OBC amount and they handed me the cash. We did not charge anything after that and never received the 'Dreaded Bill" under our door on debarkation day. It worked out great.