Refillable Beverage Container

MSTEG

We're going on the Solstice soon and we have the Premium beverage package.

On previous Royal Caribbean cruises the beverage package included a refillable mug or container. Does Celebrity do the same or should we plan to bring our own plastic containers for any soda drinks? :confused:

As far as I know, at least on M-class ships, there are no self-service drink stations like on RCL.

You will get your drinks either in cans or from a bartender in a glass.

Someone else will probably chime in but I don't see the need for bringing your own mug. In fact you are not supposed to use a personal container at any of the water/juice stations in the Oceanview (spreads germs you know), only a clean glass at the station should be used.

Celebrity does not provide glasses/cups/mugs with the beverage packages.

If you want to being one to fill with the free juice/lemonade/iced tea then use one of their cups to get the drink fromthe dispenser and then transfer to your own cup

This is what we do.

As others have noted, Celebrity does not have the self-serve Freestyle soda machines that RCI does and for which it provides the mugs with the chips that communicate with the machines, and thus Celebrity does not provide mugs.

[bTW,our first RCI cruise was the Anthem TA last fall. I thought the mugs were a PITA; who wants to carry that around on a cruise ship? Not to mention that the few machines there were were frequently out of order or out of popular beverages.]

I've seen people bring refillable plastic contains and empty bottles to the water station and fill them. I've even seen some place the spout in their bottle. I report this to the first crew member I see so they can address the potential health issue. And some wonder why Noro outbreaks on Cruise ships. OP: You can get bottled water at any bar or in any restaurant. There is really no limit and free with the beverage package. Leave your container at home and you'll have one less thing to pack.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I guess we will bring our own plastic drink bottles on the Solstice for cold water and any other soda drinks.

There are signs at the water fountains asking to please not fill bottles. The bar tenders will not do so either.

But why bother? You have the Premium Bev pkg and can get a soda or bottle water every 29 seconds if you need too. :D

I've seen people bring refillable plastic contains and empty bottles to the water station and fill them.

I've even seen some place the spout in their bottle. I report this to the first crew member I see so they can address the potential health issue. And some wonder why Noro outbreaks on Cruise ships.

OP: You can get bottled water at any bar or in any restaurant.

There is really no limit and free with the beverage package. Leave your container at home and you'll have one less thing to pack.

I agree it's not allowed. Yet, some easily forget.

I am begging you NOT to refill your personal container directly from a drink dispenser. It makes me cringe every time I see someone do this. Great way to spread Noro.

I agree and I see it almost every time at am near a machine.. especially on port days!!! So many filling for the day out. They should post a crew member on one day just to catch a bunch!!

Celebrity does not provide glasses/cups/mugs with the beverage packages.

If you want to being one to fill with the free juice/lemonade/iced tea then use one of their cups to get the drink fromthe dispenser and then transfer to your own cup

I also always do this. Mainly for coffee. But never ever put your own container under the serving spout. So disgusting. I see children do it all the time.

I also always do this. Mainly for coffee. But never ever put your own container under the serving spout. So disgusting. I see children do it all the time.

We have cups with lids similar to a Starbucks type cup that we purchased on a cruise several years ago. They have the Celebrity logo on them. We don't use them except for cruises and just keep them with our "cruise stuff". We have taken them to Cafe al Bacio each morning for a to go cup of coffee and we were planning to do so again on on upcoming cruise. Is this viewed as a problem? Thanks for your help.

I agree and I see it almost every time at am near a machine.. especially on port days!!! So many filling for the day out. They should post a crew member on one day just to catch a bunch!!

I always get a glass to pour into my Nalgene container. On Summit in May there were a few times the crew guy filling the machines told me to just use my container.

There was a sign right there saying not to fill water bottles.

I wonder if they mean not to refill skinny water bottles with the little hole but bottles with bigger openings that do not touch are fine?

I am a rule follower so I did as the sign said.