Love the 3 for free!

Sea Hag

We r booked on a 14-day so this promo includes tipping which amounts to $362.60, shipboard credit is $300, plus my travel agent promo, then we receive $250 military credit, and $250 stockholder credit. This is why we didn't mind losing the sip and sail shipboard credit. For us, it works. We r happy ... Plus,the cruise price dropped a bit and we took an upgrade from balcony to a premium balcony mid-ship.

For a 7 day cruise the 3 For Free offers $150 OBC

Gratuities for a balcony are now $12.95 per person per day. 7 days gratuities for 2 people would be $181.30

The AIBP is $56.35 per person per day. For two people for 7 days that comes to $788.90

Thrak, I think the OP mentioned her second person was a minor so the Beverage packages (AIBP, Unlimited Soda and more) would come out to$450.80 (394.45 + 56.35) Still better than gratuities plus obc; however, she'll have to decide whether or not the drink packages will be worth it to her.

Cheers,

I was convinced it was a mistake. Our mini suite on the 14 day Northern Europe cruise in 2017 is now $1,100 per person less. And we get paid gratuities and $300 OBC per cabin. We previously had the sip and sail but gave it up for this deal since we won't drink that much anyway. Normally the cruise line raises the fare before the sale, but Princess lowered the fare. How amazing!

Similarly, a few weeks ago, under the Sip & Sail promotion, we booked an ME minisuite on the Regal for 3 pax; this is for the summer 2017 11-day Scandinavia & Russia itinerary. Today's "3 for Free" price for the ME minis was dramatically lower, and the same much-reduced price applied to a better-located MB mini. We did lose the free drinks when we upgraded to the MB, but for light drinkers that will be counterbalanced by the free gratuities for pax 1 & 2, leaving us with a better-located mini at a much lower net price.

The fares for pax #1 and #2 were significantly reduced, but the fare for #3 is far lower than before under S&S. Something worth looking into by others travelling with 3 or 4 in a cabin.

Interestingly, most of the MA minis on our cruise on Regal (including the minis with bigger balconies) are not available for the same price as the MB and "lesser" minis. Those MA minis must be one of the cabin categories that fall under Princess's statement that "selected categories are not applicable" for the free upgrade to the best available category for the same type of stateroom. However, the premium for cat MA vs. "lesser" categories of minisuites under the "3 for Free" promotion is not too steep, and some would probably consider it well worth paying.

John

Since the S+S didn't apply to our inside cabin then 3 for Free was our only option. ;)

Between free tips & OBC that's about $700 for our 15-day cruise and we're getting an IA cabin by paying for the least expensive category of inside cabin. And we have 11 months before final payment to watch for an even better net price but that would probably won't happen until after final payment.

We're happy that this promotion gave us a price that we are able to book another cruise! :D

Since the S+S didn't apply to our inside cabin then 3 for Free was our only option. ;)

Between free tips & OBC that's about $700 for our 15-day cruise and we're getting an IA cabin by paying for the least expensive category of inside cabin. And we have 11 months before final payment to watch for an even better net price but that would probably won't happen until after final payment.

We're happy that this promotion gave us a price that we are able to book another cruise! :D

Same for me - sip n sail didn't apply to my inside cabin or I definitely would have held onto it for a 28 day cruise! However, 3 for free did apply and, since I can't afford to upgrade to a balcony on this (expensive) itinerary, I switched to the new promo and am much better off! I opted to stick with my original inside, even though I could have got a "better" location as I quite like being aft!

Very Happy :)

This is the first time for me after many Princess cruises. I really do benefit from this new 3 For Free Promo. Cruise fare is down by $40.00 I get $300.00 additional OBC from Princess and the free gratuities. I do not know if there is any cabin upgrade, but I have a decent cabin as it is. The best is that My current "ship load" (pun intended) of OBC remains completely in tact as well as Princess FCC/FCD

Very Happy :)

This is the first time for me after many Princess cruises. I really do benefit from this new 3 For Free Promo. Cruise fare is down by $40.00 I get $300.00 additional OBC from Princess and the free gratuities. I do not know if there is any cabin upgrade, but I have a decent cabin as it is. The best is that My current "ship load" (pun intended) of OBC remains completely in tact as well as Princess FCC/FCD

As it turns out it is even better...The cruise fare is actually down $240.00 :)

I've been watching the cruise prices for several weeks for a 2017 Mediterranean cruise. A basic balcony cabin is only $100 cheaper than yesterday and the same price as under sip and sail. However, this same price now applies to higher category balcony cabins, which my wife and I figure saves us at least $200 per cabin for the area of the ship we want. With the tips and OBC, this is a great deal for us. We aren't heavy drinkers. We jumped on this deal.

I booked the Regal Princess last night on the 3 for free. It's a BB balcony, and my cruise for Dec,2017 was $300.00 less then the sip 'n sail, which I had been looking at. I don't drink $300.00 worth so for me, at least, I saved big time.It's my first time on Princess and am very excited.

I'm trying to price out our 2017 AK cruise using the new 3/free versus SS. Considering the SS promo includes not just booze drinks but also ALL drinks Inc bottled water I think we're further ahead using that. There is $139 reduction in fare plus free grats that equal $130 and a difference in OBC of $50. If we had 3 drinks/day @ $10 ea then we're pretty even. Won't even factor in the coffee, water etc.

We booked quite some time ago and I don't remember the exact promotion but we got pre-paid gratuities, OBC, and reduced (non-refundable) deposit. So I'm thinking the only thing I should compare is the actual fare for the cabin. If there's not at least a $200 difference in the total fare, changing to this promotion makes no sense for us. Is my thinking correct?

We booked quite some time ago and I don't remember the exact promotion but we got pre-paid gratuities, OBC, and reduced (non-refundable) deposit. So I'm thinking the only thing I should compare is the actual fare for the cabin. If there's not at least a $200 difference in the total fare, changing to this promotion makes no sense for us. Is my thinking correct?

Yes, if the OBC is the same for both promotions. Ahh... I was wondering about the $200 difference - but that is your non-refundable deposit that you would lose.

I don't know your cabin's category but the 3 for Free price allows us to select the highest available category of cabin within the type of cabin. For our inside cabin the pre sale price for the least expensive category now gives us a highest category of inside. So for the same price we've been upgraded from an IF to an IA category cabin. It's still an inside cabin but we're now midship (better for my wife's motion sickness tendency) and in our preferred sideways cabin.

If you'd like to move up to the highest category of cabin within the type (inside, oceanview, balcony, minisuite) then maybe the 3 for Free could be an option. Although your current net price may be a better deal unless you want a category upgrade.

With the 3 for Free the $100 deposit does not state anywhere that it's non-refundable (including our booking confirmation for this sale) and you'd probably lose your current non-refundable deposit because those generally are also non-transferable. Years ago we were able to transfer our NR/NT deposit but based on recent posts I've read that may not be possible but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Yes, if the OBC is the same for both promotions. Ahh... I was wondering about the $200 difference - but that is your non-refundable deposit that you would lose.
Edited by Astro Flyer

I was going to book under that same promotion (Red White & Blue), but didn't because of the non-refundable deposit. Any better promotion would have to be at least $100pp better to get me to switch. I figured, why not wait and then I don't have to worry about losing that deposit?

The 3 For Free is basically the same as what you got, but a potentially less expensive cabin. The cabins I'll be booking are already the least expensive so if I did book under RW&B then there'd be no reason for me to switch. I didn't know RW&B came with OBC though.

Thanks so much to the OP for posting this! We were just able to save $1,240 each (lower fare), and get the free grats and $300 credit for our 14 day minisuite to the Baltics next July. That more than made up for losing the beverage package, especially since we don't drink $55 worth every day anyway. We kept our original cabin because the upgraded cabins were already gone. We could have paid $300 each more for the Club Class but that doesn't really seem worth it to us.

Just booked. Where within cruise personalized do you see credit for the free gratuities? Thanks.

Happy cruising.

Click on "Payments & Credits" and then click on "Optional Gratuity Pre Payment". You will see that it is already pre paid.

Edited by mreasier

Just talked to a Princess service agent and was told that the OBC offered through the promotion is NOT combinable with any OBC offered through a travel agent. In other words, if the 3 FOR FREE promotion offers $200 for the cruise, and your agent offers $100, the Princess offer will be reduced by $100 to total the $200 OBC included on the promotion. I have been looking at an agency that offered $405 OBC with the just finished Sip and Sail promotion. They still offer the OBC for that same cruise, but do not include the 3 FOR FREE promotion on their website.

I was going to book under that same promotion (Red White & Blue), but didn't because of the non-refundable deposit. Any better promotion would have to be at least $100pp better to get me to switch. I figured, why not wait and then I don't have to worry about losing that deposit?

When I went to choose a cabin on the 3 for free it stated the deposit was NON refundable.

I booked the 3 for free last night, and on my conformation it breaks down the refund schedule.Not a problem, since it mirrors every line.

I'll go back and look again. Does the not combinable OBC mean no military or loyalty or shareholder OBC allowed.