Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I doubt it. For now our spring 2018 bookings are in Asia on Millennium with a Japan circumnavigation to be POSSIBLY followed by TP relo to Vancouver. In 2012 we sailed AOS from SJU to Malaga and switched to Voyager from Barcelona to Dubai to Singapore. We also sailed Legend from Singapore to Dubai in 2013. Bottom line, staying with Millennium offers all new ports. I've got plenty on the books but no idea how many will actually happen. Are you on Radiance soon?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

The Millenium Japan circumnavigation with a reposition to Vancouver is exactly what we have booked for April 2018 right now, unless tomorrow brings a promo extra ordinary that is the booking we'll be keeping. See you onboard!

Belinda

You've seen that part of the world then, good! :)

I canceled Radiance last week. :( Pete has ongoing health issues -- long story.

I'm so sorry. And much to my chagrin, I know that drill well. I'm cancelling Vision August WB TA this week :(

The Millenium Japan circumnavigation with a reposition to Vancouver is exactly what we have booked for April 2018 right now, unless tomorrow brings a promo extra ordinary that is the booking we'll be keeping. See you onboard!

Belinda

I hope everything falls into place for this - if so, we will be hanging out together this time next year!

Does anyone know what the GAP ( group amenity points) are for the 3 Mariner cruises Singapore to Miami?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubai to Barcelona and Barcelona to Miami are 4 points each,

Singapore to Dubai not showing up so it may not have any.

mac_tlc

port fees and taxes are 600 on the segment with Suez Canal in it[/quote

Stopping in Aqaba is expensive! We were on the long end of the stick in 2012 on Voyager for the leg between Barcelona and Dubai. Originally there was NOT a stop at Aqaba and our taxes were only $58. Within a few months of opening, the itinerary change was announced and anyone who reserved afterwards had to pay nearly $200 more in taxes, but we were locked in at $58 :D

port fees and taxes are 600 on the segment with Suez Canal in it[/quote

Stopping in Aqaba is expensive! We were on the long end of the stick in 2012 on Voyager for the leg between Barcelona and Dubai. Originally there was NOT a stop at Aqaba and our taxes were only $58. Within a few months of opening, the itinerary change was announced and anyone who reserved afterwards had to pay nearly $200 more in taxes, but we were locked in at $58 :D

Holy smokes, I thought it was the Canal not Jordan...ouch

There was some talk here about the Disney Wonder that was to go through the Panama Canal on Saturday 29 April. Here is a link (I hope.) to the article that was in our newspaper here today. There is a video and several photos. If you click anywhere on the set of four photos another page will open and the Twitter feed with a nice view of part of the new recycle part of the locks. On the far side are the "holding" basins for the water that recycles with each ship.

The second link is of the cargo ship Costco that went through the Canal today. It is the largest, so far, to go through the new locks! There is a 360* video from about the ship that is a wonderful way to get a full view of the new locks!

¡Hope you enjoy! :cool:

http://www.prensa.com/sociedad/Disney-Wonder-ampliacion-Canal-Panama_0_4745525416.html

http://www.prensa.com/economia/megaportacontenedor-Cosco-Development-Canal-Panama_0_4747775182.html

Message for MindyJohn:

Do you have any private tours booked on the Vision?? We are looking to join some of them. If you are cancelling the cruise, perhaps we can take your place.

E-mail us at jgagnon41 at msn dot com

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Does anyone know what the GAP ( group amenity points) are for the 3 Mariner cruises Singapore to Miami?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you explain what GAP is? I've never heard this term before. Are they offered on select cruises, and if so, how do you know about them ahead of time? Is it publicized somewhere?

I'm so sorry. And much to my chagrin, I know that drill well. I'm cancelling Vision August WB TA this week :(

I hope everything falls into place for this - if so, we will be hanging out together this time next year!

Sorry to hear you're having to cancel your TA. I'm just hoping my trip insurance will come through for me. It's tough to anticipate something and have it go south at the last minute. I know you've done it a few times, but I'm sure it doesn't make it any easier.

Could you explain what GAP is? I've never heard this term before. Are they offered on select cruises, and if so, how do you know about them ahead of time? Is it publicized somewhere?

GAP is Group Amenity Program. It's a way of giving travel agents perks to give to guests for group bookings. RC can designate a certain number of GAP points for sailings. They can be used for various things, like OBC, cocktail party, etc.

Sorry to hear you're having to cancel your TA. I'm just hoping my trip insurance will come through for me. It's tough to anticipate something and have it go south at the last minute. I know you've done it a few times, but I'm sure it doesn't make it any easier.

Old flyer but it will give you an idea.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/10021360_GAP_Amenity_2011.pd

GAP is Group Amenity Program. It's a way of giving travel agents perks to give to guests for group bookings. RC can designate a certain number of GAP points for sailings. They can be used for various things, like OBC, cocktail party, etc.

Thank you, Bob and Ken. I am not a TA and usually do not use one, so this was enlightening. :)

The Vision Eastbound Panama sailing... very tempting. But not a fan of that ship. Gonna have to check prices, just for fun.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2018_2019/17056670_VI_Deployment_Flyer_final.pdf

Any idea when these cruises will be available for booking?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately the Mariner of the Seas repo dates don't work for us :( so looks like we will need to wait until the repo to Asia in 2019 of the new Quantum Ultra-class ship is revealed.....hoping it will be around April, May......if she goes ;)....... yet another down the Suez for us can never quite get the up the Suez cruises lined up...... :'):')

so looks like we will need to wait until the repo to Asia in 2019 of the new Quantum Ultra-class ship is revealed.....hoping it will be around April, May....

Unlike Ovation, I have a feeling they might use Passion in the Med before going to Asia - let Quantum finish off the summer season there.