NCL's Cruise Next Program

ready2cruzagain

I have searched and read everything I can about the cruise next program but am still confused would someone please explain it in black and white.

Is this correct? Say the only thing I charged on the cruise is a cruise next certificate for $250 I would get an obc of $100. If I do not spend that $100 on my current cruise then the $100 would be taken off of my balance on my Freestyle card and my final bill would be $150 and I would have a certificate worth $250 to spend on the next cruise.

Or is this correct? If you purchase a cruise next certificate you pay $250 and get a $100 obc to spend on that cruise, for gratuities or whatever. If you don't spend the $100 obc then the obc will carry over to the next cruise.

So, what is the correct answer?

Your first scenario is correct. Your account is charged $150 for one $250 certificate ($250 for two, worth $500). There is no actual credit to spend. I almost didn't buy one on my last cruise because I didn't have anything I wanted to spend the credit on. Thankfully it was explained at the presentation.

We went a little hog wild and purchased four certificates in April. We used two already. Just remember the $250 certificate is good for your full deposit on any cabin except Suite/Haven. If you plan to stay in a suite you should purchase the $500 certificate. Should you decide on a Suite/Haven later you may use the $250 certificate and pay the rest of the deposit in cash. Every now and then they have something where you can use two certificates when booking.

I've been using these deposits over 10 years. Last year they sweetened the deal, is half price costs for 2 or more. Buy 2 pay $250- PLUS, for the past year, 2 deposits can be used. per cruise. They have extended that deal 3 times already, I hope it continues, since, I've redeemed 12 already this year. Current double has to sail by 12/31/16 perfect for those last minute price dumps, I've been picking up.

1) NCL charges your on-board account $250.

2) NCL credits your on-board account $100.

If you spend nothing on board your on-board account will cost you $150 on your credit card.

If you spend $x on board your on-board account will cost you $(150 +x) on your credit card.

3) When you book your next cruise your Future Cruise Certificate will take $250 from the stated price. It will also act as the FULL deposit.

HTH

Mike

Am I correct that I read only 1 certificatecan be used per stateroom as a future deposit? I was thinking of purchasing this on my cruise next week, but if we can only use one certificate per stateroom, why buy two?

Because if you buy 2 then you get a bigger discount ($250 for two rather than $150 for one).

Am I correct that I read only 1 certificatecan be used per stateroom as a future deposit? I was thinking of purchasing this on my cruise next week, but if we can only use one certificate per stateroom, why buy two?

I will use myself as example:

DH and I purchased four $250 certificates for $1000. Received $500 OBC. We have used two certificates $500 which breaks us even on out of pocket. To us the other two remaining certificates $500 are gravy. We still have 3 1/2 years to use these to book cruises.

I believe my PCC said certs can carry promo at time of cert purchase; when I bought mine, it was unlimited drink package. Is that still true?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Something a little different happened on my cruise. When I bought 2 on the Gem late in 2015, the deal was book while on board and get the current promotion. So I used one to book a cruise 18 months out. At the time, the promotion was to choose 2 Free Choice Items. So the 2 I selected are tied to my booking. I am allowed to change the booking one-time and the 2 choices will move over to the new booking. If I change twice, the 2 choices are no longer permitted.

Edited by IrieBajan54

I will use myself as example:

DH and I purchased four $250 certificates for $1000. Received $500 OBC. We have used two certificates $500 which breaks us even on out of pocket. To us the other two remaining certificates $500 are gravy. We still have 3 1/2 years to use these to book cruises.

That's clear. Thanks.

Something a little different happened on my cruise. When I bought 2 on the Gem late in 2015, the deal was book while on board and get the current promotion. So I used one to book a cruise 18 months out. At the time, the promotion was to choose 2 Free Choice Items. So the 2 I selected are tied to my booking. I am allowed to change the booking one-time and the 2 choices will move over to the new booking. If I change twice, the 2 choices are no longer permitted.

Thanks! Yes, i remember the one time thing too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The certificates are good for four years on cruises of six days or more. So, if you're going to be taking another cruise within four years it's worth getting the second certificate.

The certificates are also transferrable so if you so choose, you can gift them to friends/family who might want to cruise with (or without) you. Great for Wedding or Shower gifts for newlywed couples...or as an anniversary gift for ageing parents or in-laws, etc.