Chefs Table, Progressive Dinner or both??

Jiminy1955

We will be on Equinox in March 2017. We want to do either the Chef's Table or the Progressive Dinner; possibly even both. Which do you prefer and why? Also I know you have to sign up for these on board but where do I need to do that? If you have menu's or know what foods may be served I would love to hear that too. I am super excited and want to experience as much as I can!!

TIA for your help. :)

I am familiar with the Chef's Table but I have never heard of a Progressive dinner.

What Celebrity ship offered this, price? and what restaurants were included?

I only know about it from here on cruise critic. Start at one premium restaurant for a course & move through the other restaurants for the remaining courses; includes wine pairings. I read $110 pp. This is not advertised either and I read to sign up at Guest Relations.

I only know about it from here on cruise critic. Start at one premium restaurant for a course & move through the other restaurants for the remaining courses; includes wine pairings. I read $110 pp. This is not advertised either and I read to sign up at Guest Relations.

We didn't really enjoy our Chef's Table dinner on Reflection but this "progressive dinner" sounds interesting...would love to hear more about it from anyone who has done one....

What was it about the experiance you did not care for?...We are considering doing the chefs table and would appreciate your input

We didn't really enjoy our Chef's Table dinner on Reflection but this "progressive dinner" sounds interesting...would love to hear more about it from anyone who has done one....

We did the Progressive dinner on our TP on Millenium. It was a lot of fun, especially since we had the F&B Manager with us. Food was wonderful. At the end we had dessert in Cellar Masters with port. We all polished off the bottle and the F&B Mgr looked at the waiter and told him to open another bottle. We polished off that one too and he asked if we wanted another. We declined, but hey - rank has its privileges! Several people on the PD had also done the CT and raved about it. I think it is $150+ p.p. or more, and I think that is a little steep.

We did the Progressive dinner on our TP on Millenium. It was a lot of fun, especially since we had the F&B Manager with us. Food was wonderful. At the end we had dessert in Cellar Masters with port. We all polished off the bottle and the F&B Mgr looked at the waiter and told him to open another bottle. We polished off that one too and he asked if we wanted another. We declined, boards.cruisecritic.comeges! Several people on the PD had also done the CT and raved about it. I think it is $150+ p.p. or more, and I think that is a little steep.

How did you find out about it? I would love to do this on our next Celebrity cruise.

I did the chef's table on Constellation in July 2015 and thought it was OK, but very expensive for what it was. The food was good, but we learned later some of the items we ate were on the regular menu in SS United States and that seemed to take away from the special experience of the chef's table. Had we known that, we might have just booked dinner in the restaurant and saved a LOT of money.

Also, the cookbook is one of the heaviest books I have ever seen. While beautiful, it is a beast to get home in a suitcase if you're flying and have weight limits.

I have done chef's tables on two Royal Caribbean ships and they were truly special experiences with the chef coming out before each course to explain things to us. This one just did not seem that special and I will probably not do it again when I sail on Connie in December.

I did the chef's table on Constellation in July 2015 and thought it was OK, but very expensive for what it was. The food was good, but we learned later some of the items we ate were on the regular menu in SS United States and that seemed to take away from the special experience of the chef's table. Had we known that, we might have just booked dinner in the restaurant and saved a LOT of money.

Also, the cookbook is one of the heaviest books I have ever seen. While beautiful, it is a beast to get home in a suitcase if you're flying and have weight limits.

I have done chef's tables on two Royal Caribbean ships and they were truly special experiences with the chef coming out before each course to explain things to us. This one just did not seem that special and I will probably not do it again when I sail on Connie in December.

Thanks for this input. We have done the RC Chef's Table a number of times and thoroughly enjoyed it. I wondered if the X Chefs Table warranted more than double the price.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Interesting. I wonder how much it disrupts the flow of the evening to move from restaurant to restaurant?

It does sound neat, though. If the items prepared are unique/special, I might have to try this in May when I don't have a small human with me.

How did you find out about it? I would love to do this on our next Celebrity cruise.

If they are going to do it your waiter will let you know or you might be able to ask the Maitre D'. We were in a Suite and one of the waiters told us about it and we signed up. When I recently spoke to the shoreside concierge for our next cruise on the Silhouette I asked her if they were going to have a PD or CT event. She said that was decided on the ship by the F&B Manager.

Interesting. I wonder how much it disrupts the flow of the evening to move from restaurant to restaurant?

It does sound neat, though. If the items prepared are unique/special, I might have to try this in May when I don't have a small human with me.

When we did the PD on Millenium this Spring each restaurant had a reserved table for the group. Since it was only one course at each restaurant and you had only 2 choices it didn't take up a lot of the servers time. For the other diners it wasn't any different than a party of 10 being sat at a table.

What was it about the experiance you did not care for?...We are considering doing the chefs table and would appreciate your input

The service was great, no question about that. The food was really mediocre. They failed to pass on to the chef my husband's food allergies, or those of another person at the table until moments before the dinner began and that was because WE reminded them of it at that time. The first course for the rest of us was a small lobster bite and the two with seafood allergies wound up with a half of an asparagus tip cut in half.....

The rest of the meal was okay, but for $287 per couple we thought it should be MUCH more than just okay.

Again, service was great, but we would not spend the money to do another Chef's Table on X. We had attended one on Royal a few years back that was so far superior to this one there really was no comparison.....and at half the cost.

AH....precisely!! This was our experience on Royal too. Normally X far exceeds any food experience on Royal but not in this case. Royal just has a wonderful Chef's dinner and we would go again in a heartbeat. It was one of the most memorable evenings of ANY cruise we have been on. Not so on Celebrity.

The rest of the meal was okay, but for $287 per couple we thought it should be MUCH more than just okay.

Again, service was great, but we would not spend the money to do another Chef's Table on X. We had attended one on Royal a few years back that was so far superior to this one there really was no comparison.....and at half the cost.

Don't forget, for the $287 per couple you get a 50 lb cook book to drag home. Hope you're not flying. :rolleyes:

We've done several Chef's tables with mixed reviews. We only got one cook book and a discounted price on the other 3 dinners.

Hopefully the $287 was NOT a discounted price even though no cook books were given.....if not I don't think I want to know what the FULL price would be!!:eek: