Cost for JS vs. Balcony

How much would you be willing to pay for a Junior Suite over the amount we booked for a Balcony Cabin? I am looking at a difference of $300 for a 9 night cruise.

Thanks for any input.

I would take that, especially on a longer cruise.

How much would you be willing to pay for a Junior Suite over the amount we booked for a Balcony Cabin? I am looking at a difference of $300 for a 9 night cruise.

Thanks for any input.

Per person or total?

If total that makes it $16.67 per day per person for the JS... with double points.

No brainer imo!! Have a great cruise :D

(p.s. what ship? what sailing date?)

Have you been in a JS before? If not don't do it!! I did and now my wife won't sail in anything less. I'm scared to try a GS now as she might decide that's the new standard.

Seriously even at per person I personally think it's worth it., but then we are on the tail end of 8 days in Paris celebrating her 50th birthday

What ever you decide enjoy you cruise. :D

I'd take it in a heartbeat, if only for the comfy chair and walk in closet..... oh and the double points! :D

We got a call to upgrade in June for our Navigator cruise from our JS to a GS for $420 and jumped on that.

As jimmyzwei said be careful as you may not want to go back to a balcony cabin again!

Thanks for any input.

I'd normally expect to pay about 40-50 a night extra, but that's in Aus.

Thanks for any input.

If that is the total price difference, I'd jump on it, even if it was a 7-day cruise.

Well, an update.

Went in to our Travel Agency and after a call to RC, request for a supervisor (hung up on) and calling C&A, our TA got us an upgrade to a Junior Suite, aft cabin. Total difference was $388. Still not bad. It is our first JS and I know we will be spoiled. But, what the heck.

Yes, the cost is a little more than what I had calculated and we were given different bottom line numbers. But, C&A came through with a good deal and we took it. I won't be checking prices anymore. This is it.:D

So, thanks to all for your responses. It always helps to have different opinions and in tis case it was pretty unanimous.

Now we just have to wait, for what seems like forever.

Well, an update.

Went in to our Travel Agency and after a call to RC, request for a supervisor (hung up on) and calling C&A, our TA got us an upgrade to a Junior Suite, aft cabin. Total difference was $388. Still not bad. It is our first JS and I know we will be spoiled. But, what the heck.

Yes, the cost is a little more than what I had calculated and we were given different bottom line numbers. But, C&A came through with a good deal and we took it. I won't be checking prices anymore. This is it.:D

So, thanks to all for your responses. It always helps to have different opinions and in tis case it was pretty unanimous.

Now we just have to wait, for what seems like forever.

Nice! Aft JS on Grandeur? Very very nice :D:D

'Nother question.... do you get better results for price reduction/upgrades calling C&A vs. the regular reservations number? I don't have many points with them yet, but if they treat me right......... :D

I have read here on CC that many get better results when they call C&A. The TA called her normal number for RC and they didn't give on anything. The C&A rep seemed more willing to help me get what I wanted. As often said, your mileage may vary. But in this case C&A was really helpful.

Oh, and the aft cabin was a surprise. The C&A rep saw it on his screen and offered the cabin. Don't know if an aft is a higher cost or not.

hope you booked it as someone else might grab it!

Yes, we did book it while we were at the Travel Agency.

It's not. Be prepared for that long walk back there - good to walk off dinner.

The long walk was the only reason I hesitated. We had an aft on Serenade and loved it. DH uses a cane so I was concerned for him. But, he said to go ahead. He has loved the aft of a ship since he was in the Navy.

JS across the fleet are not always worth the extra money, imo. I have had a JS on the Allure and it was great! The room was a nice size and the walk in closet was lovely.

The JS on the Enchantment wasn't a big deal. There was no walk in closet and the room was right above the pool deck. It was noisy in the mornings but I am a heavy sleeper so not a problem for me. The room just wasn't a wow.

It's the same as suite perks. They are great on the Oasis and Anthem class but lacking on the other ships, despite the cost.

The double points are nice if C&A status matters to you.

I'm not specifically commenting on the OP situation just that the ship can be a deciding factor in whether or not to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a JS for two of our cruises in 2014 but downsized to a D-1 for the 3rd cruise because of cost and we both couldn't believe the size difference after being in a JS for two of the 3 cruises coming from Sydney, Australia. In the past the D-1 looked big to us. Now it is hard to go back. We tend to book Mid ship however.