Remove Emerald and create Platinum plus

mcatmcat

While the gap between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle is huge. It does have the 340 or 350 mark that adds the extra welcome aboard gift, meal with an Officer and 150% single supplement.

While it isn't a change in tier names, it is better than nothing.

We'll be transitioning from Platinum up to Emerald on our next cruise coming up early in 2017.

We'd respectfully disagree that there is any need to change the program at this time.

The primary benefit most of us Platinum status cruisers receive is the cabin discount and streamlined boarding. Everything else is nice but fluff.

Once you get to Diamond and above, the added lounge, discounts, and other perks are nice, but quite frankly, something to achieve over time and without as much fanfare as some post about, given the significant cost of numerous cruises needed to reach those levels.

Kudos to those who reach those levels, but everyone has a different wallet size, and the perks at each level are comparable with other cruise lines already.

Better to remove Diamond plus and make everyone Diamond unless your Platinum!

Why? There are different benefits at D+ than D and there is also a more significant point differential between the two than other tiers except Pinnacle. So those of us who have earned that tier over the years should now be rewarded for our loyalty by loosing our status and earned benefits? That sounds fair. :confused:

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I was looking [emoji41]at the benefits [emoji966]of Emerald and it's really poor. The only difference between Platinum and Emerald is welcome gift/amenity including choice of beverage [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is because Emerald was invented only to prolong the trip to Diamond while giving people the feeling that they are still making progress along the path.

That is because Emerald was invented only to prolong the trip to Diamond while giving people the feeling that they are still making progress along the path.

And it impacted us as well as others. We became Emerald on the cruise we were originally scheduled to become Diamond on. Fortunately, that was for only one cruise, but still, that one cruise delay (which others experienced also) only benefited RCI. I do love how everyone has a "brilliant" idea about how to fix the status issue that usually benefits them personally.:rolleyes:

Edited by BND

And it impacted us as well as others. We became Emerald on the cruise we were originally scheduled to become Diamond on. Fortunately, that was for only one cruise, but still, that one cruise delay (which others experienced also) only benefited RCI. I do love how everyone has a "brilliant" idea about how to fix the status issue that usually benefits them personally.:rolleyes:

It impacted us too. If I remember it correctly I think we had to do two extra cruises to get to Diamond. I can remember at the time that RCI was denying that there were any planned level changes while people were taking pictures at the terminals of check-in signs that were put up prematurely that already had the Emerald level printed on them.:rolleyes:

Edited by Ocean Boy

It impacted us too. If I remember it correctly I think we had to do two extra cruises to get to Diamond. I can remember at the time that RCI was denying that there were any planned level changes while people were taking pictures at the terminals of check-in signs that were put up prematurely that already had the Emerald level printed on them.:rolleyes:

Exactly and we were on the Explorer as Diamonds when the posters when on the CL stating that Diamonds were no longer to be in the CL and would be up at Nine Hole for the rest of the cruise which became forever...lol then it was mutiny on the Explorer...and then back to the drawing board of now how many is it going to take and then just when you get to the diamond + oh lets switch to nites and for all of those that took 12 night cruises and only got credit for 7 nights sorry about your luck...back to the drawing board...geesh....so it looks like changes may or may not happen again...who knows

Never made it to Emerald. On one long southern Carib cruise during

"the change" we skipped over it going from Platinum to Diamond.

We had one lady on the elevator on another cruise bragging about her Emerald status,

to which I replied "Congratuations. We have never made it to Emerald". To which she

beamed and replied..."oh...you might some day". We never said a word about our level. ;)

Would be fun to actually give a name to the "un-named 340/350 level".

Edited by island lady

I remember that. Pretty funny! :)

I think it impacted us worse than most...if it wasn't for the change we would have been diamond ages ago. It was all linked with the old credits and you got 2 for cruises over 12 nights.

We had 2 cruises of 11 nights(plus I think a 7 & 14 at the time of change) and they were treated in the change the same as if you had done 2 cruises of 3 nights. Admittedly that was the old rules but the change to new was a bit unfair for those who had done several longer cruises and particularly seems to hit cruises out of Southampton.

The end result on the new system was we had significantly less credits than the nights we had actually sailed.

After several emails Crown & Anchor did accept it was a bit unfair and moved us up to the actual nights we had sailed but if those 2 11 night sailings had been 12 we would now almost be Diamond Plus rather than still almost Diamond :(

No Suite Lounge access, no private lunch on Cococay or Labadee + 100 other things

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

The CL on most ships was not as nice as the DL and wasn't something we went to often, and on ships with a CL there is still access. The SL as a new lounge just for suites IMO is no big deal as unless they are also D suite guest cannot come into the DL.

Not sure about the other 100 things......