Port Canaveral CLOSED

I still can't figure out why so many people want to stay and wait out this storm. It really serves no purpose other to say that you did it. If only we had days notification out here in California to evacuate when we are about to be hit by a catastrophic earthquake! :rolleyes:

Well, you hit that nail on the head. :rolleyes:

Actually I'm on the condo board and two of us stayed behind to help get the place up and running on Saturday. Also a lot of our residents are elderly. They didn't use to be, but they are now. ;) Several of them stayed because they have no where to go. If I can help check on them, that's important.

But I will have a cool hurricane story I guess. ;)

Right before I closed the shutters. The round thing is my weather cam. Don't know if it will be there in the morning. It goes offline at night

enhance

We are now getting the bands of the hurricanes... windy and rain.

Still have electric. We won't get the strongest winds till tomorrow with winds of 110-120 and add 30 for the wind gust.

Will be a sleepless night..

All towns under curfews most till Saturday 7am.

Most hotel from the Cape to Tampa are full...

If anyone has questions let me know.. have generator and hopefully will still be able to communicate.

Stay safe my Floridian friends..

Where in Daytona are you located? I have family in The Trails (Ormond Beach)one of which has refused to leave and isn't very good at keeping us updated.

Cathy

all the best to you, Laura and Bella (from me and our bella and harry - bella on the right)

Stay safe

bellaharry_zpsoe9vt20i.jpg

They both look sweet. Here is Bella around 9 PM, she is actually handling it pretty good. Maybe because the noise is constant vs the clap of thunder.

enhance

They both look sweet. Here is Bella around 9 PM, she is actually handling it pretty good. Maybe because the noise is constant vs the clap of thunder.

What a good girl! She obviously feels safe.

BTW I know you have lots to deal with currently, but once this is over if she doesn't like thunder - have you heard of thunder jackets?

Best Wishes

Actually Port Orange but not far from the trails... it is more in land.

We are east of Nova Rd close to the beach and I=95.. yes we refuse to leave too. Two fur babies plus I rather be home,,, no place is really safe.

I will be more than happy to keep you updated.

email if you have to: lmen 579 @aol.com

Cathy

Where in Daytona are you located? I have family in The Trails (Ormond Beach)one of which has refused to leave and isn't very good at keeping us updated.

Cathy

My little boys knows something is wrong... the one Maltese "Brady" is the dare devil and barks the wind and storms..

Now Tyson (maltese mix) is a scary cat... he just sits on your lap and looks at you with those big eyes ..

Your baby is so sweet. My MIL had a Westie, and that dog had so much personality you couldn't help but fall in love with her.

Thank you for staying with the elderly and other neighbors in a unit. Not everyone feels they can leave all they have in life. I get that.

We were living in Japan during the devastating 2011 Tohuku earthquake and tsunami. It was suggested that we leave (we were Air Force), but we felt that it was important to stay and help where we could. We are able bodied and were not afraid of the aftermath. Good to see you are too.

Good luck. I'll be anxious to hear from you as the days go by.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by LeCricket

I do wish you and everyone else affected stay safe, and that all you have are "cool hurricane stories" (no scarcasm intended). I just can't help but think of those less fortunate on the islands that truly had no where to evacuate to.

Could not sleep, guess worrying about everyone on East Coast. Turned TV on to Weather Channel and they said storm was 21 miles more or less off Cape Canaveral. John, hope to heck you and Laura are ok. Hope everyone escapes severe property damage and injury.

Jim Cantore in Ft. Pierce and it looks nasty there.

Actually Port Orange but not far from the trails... it is more in land.

We are east of Nova Rd close to the beach and I=95.. yes we refuse to leave too. Two fur babies plus I rather be home,,, no place is really safe.

I will be more than happy to keep you updated.

email if you have to: lmen 579 @aol.com

Cathy

I have family in Port Orange (Crane Lakes) and she evacuated to her son's in Orlando a few days ago. Manufactured home; I was really worried about her!

Can't sleep either... resting in the recliner..

We too live in a manufactor home as well. But a new one..

Very windy here with lots of rain.

Guess I will start the coffee and may add some Bailey too it...:rolleyes:

Checking in, all ok

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the update John!

We are on the Freedom making our way back in. Not sure where we are but right now but we are still in smooth seas....thank goodness!! We know that will change but are grateful for what we can get.

Watching CNN and hoping for the best!!

Thanks for the update John!

We are on the Freedom making our way back in. Not sure where we are but right now but we are still in smooth seas....thank goodness!! We know that will change but are grateful for what we can get.

Watching CNN and hoping for the best!!

Please post here if you get any news onboard Freedom for Sunday's arrival/departure. I'm onboard Allure and supposed to drive from Ft Lauderdale to Freedom Sunday.

The East side of Orlando seems good so far!

All our friends and family are checking in about the same news. Windy, super windy. Lots and lots of rain. Everyone we know still has power and nothing beyond superficial flooding.

Edited by poncho1973