Upgrade to Suite Guarantee from Concierge - worth it?

BDL

We currently have a C1 on the 'hump' area on deck 11. There is a Suite Guarantee for just a few hundred dollars more. What are your thoughts on if it's worth it or not? We are new to Celebrity ships but are Elite based on our Royal Diamond status.

We don't do dressy anymore so maybe we won't be able to take advantage of the suite restaurants. Are they available for breakfast and lunch too?

What other perks are there that I should consider?

Thanks for any input!

Barb

I'd jump on it. You don't need to dress up for the suite restaurant. Normal dinner attire. The larger bath, dedicated restaurant and larger cabin would be worth it to us. The balcony is usually bigger than a normal room so you aren't giving up much if any space.

Only 1 suite restaurant. Luminae. Smart casual all the time. Breakfast and dinner. We had lunch on sea days and embarkation day.

Private lounge with complimentary drinks all day even without beverage package.

Dedicated concierge. Priorty embarkation, debarkation, tendering. Butler.

We loved it. Sis said never below suite class in future for her.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

We did the same thing on our last cruise and it was great. I would love to do a suite again if and when the opportunity arises. Luminae was our favorite and we were treated very, very well. Hope you enjoy your cruise and suite!

We currently have a C1 on the 'hump' area on deck 11. There is a Suite Guarantee for just a few hundred dollars more. What are your thoughts on if it's worth it or not? We are new to Celebrity ships but are Elite based on our Royal Diamond status.

We don't do dressy anymore so maybe we won't be able to take advantage of the suite restaurants. Are they available for breakfast and lunch too?

Thanks for any input!

Barb

How long is the cruise?

Decisions Decisions! I think we're not going to do it because the rep on the phone pointed out that my current category's rate has gone down $185pp since I last looked. Now, instead of being $340 mote total it would be more like $710 more. I'm not really sure that is worth it.

Pretty much the only suites left are Sky suites. He's repriced my cabin for us and I think I'll leave it alone for now.

Thanks for all the input.

Decisions Decisions! I think we're not going to do it because the rep on the phone pointed out that my current category's rate has gone down $185pp since I last looked. Now, instead of being $340 mote total it would be more like $710 more. I'm not really sure that is worth it.

Pretty much the only suites left are Sky suites. He's repriced my cabin for us and I think I'll leave it alone for now.

Have a great time. Keep watching fares, and be sure you're also factoring in the perks.

Just don't put the $$ value on the drinks package that they tell you. If you don't drink so much, it isn't worth that much! The shipboard credit and the gratuities are easily computed. And you'll get plenty of internet, unless you feel compelled to read and reply to every single email, without logging out.

Thanks for any input!

Barb

Grab it, do not wait! We are Diamond and Elite, sail on both lines, but prefer Celebrity.

Our 1st cruise was the Emerald Sea in Sept 1987!

Edited by wallie5446

Golly! For only $100 per day more, I'd be in the suite in a heartbeat.

But then, we love being spoiled by all the suite benefits including Luminae as well as Blu. :):)

Cheers!

Our 1st cruise was the Emerald Sea in Sept 1987!

I think we were on in August. Our daughter went to my Mom while we were on the cruise. She would have started school in early September and I know she didn't miss any. :)

I would not hesitate to do it if it is not a burden. I would even do it for AQ because we love Blu. But that is us. From what I hear, Luminae is fabulous and the other perks are great. Maybe it will be a once in a lifetime opportunity. I don't think you will regret it.

If it's not a burden on you, do it! We upgraded to a suite for our next upcoming cruise and I wish we could have gotten a deal like that (Even at the new rate they mentioned to you)! You'll love the suite class options on Celebrity.

Either way, no matter what you choose you'll have a GREAT cruise!

Happy Sailing!

I just had another thought that could sway my decision. It looks like some of the Sky Suite balconies are not covered. Are the ones on the sides of the ship covered? I really prefer a covered balcony but if needed I would sit out there with an umbrella!

For less than $1,000 for the cabin? I would upgrade without even blinking from a CC to a Suite.

Additional perks and definitely a different "experience". Quite often special invitations to Suite guests for Heli-pad sail-aways, bridge tours, special dining invitations, to name but a few.

Heather

Generally the suites on Reflection they have trouble selling are on deck 12 NOT on the hump. These all have a large overhang from the pool deck above. I'm in the crowd that would jump on it. The rooms are really nice, the Luminae and Michaels are wonderful perks. I price these rooms all the time and it's getting very hard to find them at < $300 pp per day.

One downside is that if this is a reduced price upsell from Celebrity you would only get CC points based on your original cabin class. Not a real big deal as the discounted upsell is the big perk.

Generally the suites on Reflection they have trouble selling are on deck 12 NOT on the hump. These all have a large overhang from the pool deck above. I'm in the crowd that would jump on it. The rooms are really nice, the Luminae and Michaels are wonderful perks. I price these rooms all the time and it's getting very hard to find them at < $300 pp per day.

One downside is that if this is a reduced price upsell from Celebrity you would only get CC points based on your original cabin class. Not a real big deal as the discounted upsell is the big perk.

Not an upsell - its the current rate for Suite Guarantee. For now I'm going to keep my C1 mid-ship on 11. Right now it would be $780 more than we're currently paying. If it was for a specific Sky Suite I might go for it but my luck we'll be under something very noisy. Had a suite on Royal under the ping pong tables... nightmare. I'm really happy with the location on 11 and we want to go really casual this trip (think shorts and tank tops) so the suite restaurant wouldn't get much use anyway.

Thanks for all the replies. :)

I'll procrastinate until the guarantee is gone :):cool:

I completely understand you sticking with what you have at the lower price; however, after having just had our first suite ever, I would have jumped on that immediately. Of course not matter what cabin I've ever had, I've always had a great trip. Enjoy your voyage.

We had a similar opportunity this June on Eclipse. From Aqua to GTY Suite for only $200.00 more. We got an S1 corner aft, and felt like we hit the lottery!! We thought Aqua was lovely...Suite Life is a completely different level of cruising...Michaels club and Luminae are only the beginning...amazing canapés and pastries delivered by your Butler every afternoon. Concerts and other activities in MC most every day. Skipping the long lines in St. Petersburg was so great...the MC concierge walked suite guests to the head of the 40 minute line ...others have noted the special invitations to the bridge and helipad.

I suggest that you jump at this offer.

But please be warned...you may never want to go back to C1. We loved our experience so much, that we've booked 3 cruises through January 2018... All in corner aft suites :)

Thanks for any input!

Barb

We had the opportunity to move from a C2 on the hump to an S1 corner aft for only $300 total. The negative is now I want it all the time. In April we have deck 12 for a 16 day TA to Europe. The noise will be minuscule due to the age group on the ship and not sailing the Caribbean party scene. Also, on the яєfℓє¢тισи, the overhang isn't as huge as some other S class ships!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance