A change to Neptune & Pinnacle Suite Amenities???

kazu

It isn't all that wonderful tasting. We almost never more than open and have one glass. On the other hand, I am always happy when HAL adds to amenities and will be apreciative for any extras they decide to offer in the future.

I have often said I want more than a large\r cabin when paying therr high Neptune prices . so I cannot complain when they offer something new.

Edited by sail7seas

We had a bottle of Sparkling wine in our suite when we boarded yesterday and got two huge bottles of water today.

The previous announcement about the coffee and sound station also sounded like new enhanced bathrobes would be in suites but ours are the same old waffle style HAL robes that are in every stateroom.

We don't get any brochures. Do you have to be a certain level to receive them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

I didn't get brochures for years. I suspect it was because I always had cruises booked. I do again, but there were none when I got off my last cruise. Not sure what triggered it as we hadn't received brochures from HAL for nearly 7 years. Now they are coming?

Too bad they aren't where we want to go :p:D

I have not sailed in a Neptune Suite since the *new* amenities were introduced earlier this year.

This thread reminded me of a question I had about this new amenity:

complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast

I am wondering if what kazu posted might suggest that mimosas would be available in the NL in the mornings?

Also, if the mimosas are available for in-suite dining, it seems they should be available in the PG for breakfast. Has anyone ever asked for a complimentary mimosa in the PG? I enjoy that suite perk on Princess. :D

Mimosas are only complimentary with in room dining currently. At least that was the case when we were on the Westerdam in April/May 2016.

I only do in room dining when we have an early port so that is far too early for me ;)

...If this is a typo, bad wording, whatever, HAL should get it fixed. If there is no new perk, then this is misleading IMO. In the past, they have always made it clear that the sparkling wine was on embarkation day. They are using the word complimentary and they are using it in context with every day activities in the Neptune Lounge...

I agree with you that the wording used is less than clear. The use of the word, "complimentary access" seems odd to me. I am only typing out loud here, but perhaps HAL has plans to monetize the Neptune Lounge by allowing lounge access to those in Signature Suites and Vista Suites for a fee. Much like it now offers a Suite Indulgence Package that can be purchased, it may be putting together some sort of paid package that includes access to the NL???

I agree with you that the wording used is less than clear. The use of the word, "complimentary access" seems odd to me. I am only typing out loud here, but perhaps HAL has plans to monetize the Neptune Lounge by allowing lounge access to those in Signature Suites and Vista Suites for a fee. Much like it now offers a Suite Indulgence Package that can be purchased, it may be putting together some sort of paid package that includes access to the NL???

The Neptune Lounge is a relatively small and windowless space. There is really not even enough room just for the Neptune and Pinnacle suite guests. I can't see expanding access to hundreds of more passengers, and totally overwhelming the concierge staff who work there. There literally is not the space for that type of program.

That's correct, it doesn't. It also doesn't state that it is available throughout the cruise. It also states that you have access to check email, and we all know that this does not mean that you can check your email for free, even though it does not state that there is a fee for internet access.

I don't think you will find any update on HAL's site as nothing as changed to warrant an update.

As old timers on HAL -- we are used to HAL not updating their site.

I have not sailed in a Neptune Suite since the *new* amenities were introduced earlier this year.

This thread reminded me of a question I had about this new amenity:

complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast

I am wondering if what kazu posted might suggest that mimosas would be available in the NL in the mornings?

Also, if the mimosas are available for in-suite dining, it seems they should be available in the PG for breakfast. Has anyone ever asked for a complimentary mimosa in the PG? I enjoy that suite perk on Princess. :D

We don't drink that early in the day -- also I can't stand sour orange juice from a can.

But on our last cruise there was a couple who had breakfast nearly every morning in the Pinnacle and we noticed that they always requested Mimosas and no one ever brought them a bill. And no -- they were not in the PS getting special treatment.

We don't get any brochures. Do you have to be a certain level to receive them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

I didn't get brochures for years. I suspect it was because I always had cruises booked. I do again, but there were none when I got off my last cruise. Not sure what triggered it as we hadn't received brochures from HAL for nearly 7 years. Now they are coming?

Too bad they aren't where we want to go :p:D

There have been times when we cancelled cruises and didn't have any other future cruises booked.

Still no brochures arrived at our house to entice us to return to HAL.

I was't looking at that possiblity and other than the Prinsendam ( which has the BEST NL in the fleet IMO between the stained glass, the space, the view of the ocean and the verandah) the NL lounges are not that big for the # of passengers in the space. I can't see adding Signature suites to the mix.

I don't think HAL would do this,

They shoudn't because it just wouldn't work but what the HAL do I know ;)

Having cruised in Neptune Suites I have used the Neptune Lounge and realize that it isn't that large. But, keep in mind that with my suggestion, HAL would rarely have to provide lounge access to all those sailing in other suites - just those who agree to pay to use the lounge.

Just a crazy thought trying to get my head around the use of the word "complimentary". I can understand using the word "exclusive" to describe the Neptune Lounge, but not complimentary. Perhaps it really is as simple as poor copy in the ad.

We don't drink that early in the day -- also I can't stand sour orange juice from a can.

But on our last cruise there was a couple who had breakfast nearly every morning in the Pinnacle and we noticed that they always requested Mimosas and no one ever brought them a bill. And no -- they were not in the PS getting special treatment.

We had a beverage card last time. We handed it to the waiter who took our order and when the mimosas arrived, the card and a receipt were discretely returned. There was nothing to sign, so it could easily have looked as if we didn't pay for them.

We didn't do room service last time, so I can't comment on those mimosas, but the ones in PG were made with very good OJ, and the plain OJ in PG and NL was good too. I'm not claiming to be an expert and don't want to start THAT discussion again, but it tasted fresh to me. But the stuff in the Lido? That tasted canned. The morning we ate in the Lido to make an early tour, I was shocked at how bad the OJ and coffee were.

We were on the Westerdam last month and I can assure you that it was fresh squeezed orange juice at the Pinnacle Grill breakfast based on the number of seeds I found in the bottom of the glass on several mornings. And the room service mimosa was nice and bubbly.

Edited by oceanmom

Having cruised in Neptune Suites I have used the Neptune Lounge and realize that it isn't that large. But, keep in mind that with my suggestion, HAL would rarely have to provide lounge access to all those sailing in other suites - just those who agree to pay to use the lounge.

Just a crazy thought trying to get my head around the use of the word "complimentary". I can understand using the word "exclusive" to describe the Neptune Lounge, but not complimentary. Perhaps it really is as simple as poor copy in the ad.

Do we need to parse everything HAL p rints, says, publishes? I think most of us under sgand d there is nothing 'free' on a cruise ship, pay for it in the fare or at time of use/consumption. The use of complimentary in that sentence is quite appropriate, IMO.

Edited by sail7seas

... I don't think you will find any update on HAL's site as nothing has changed to warrant an update ... Just a crazy thought trying to get my head around the use of the word "complimentary". I can understand using the word "exclusive" to describe the Neptune Lounge, but not complimentary. Perhaps it really is as simple as poor copy in the ad.

Right you are, cbr663, but that's no reason not to start another rumor about a change in HAL benefits or services ... and/or to complain that HAL has failed to provide accurate & up-to-date info concerning a rumored change! :D

Smooth sailing ...

Edited by avian777

Do we need to parse everything HAL p rints, says, publishes? I think most of us under sgand d there is nothing 'free' on a cruise ship, pay for it in the fare or at time of use/consumption. The use of complimentary in that sentence is quite appropriate, IMO.

Spot on, s7s!

I was having the same struggle with the word "complimentary" too. ;). It might be as simple as poor ad copy - hard to say. ;)

Considering they're saying something different from what many of us have experienced in the past, yes, it's worth asking about. They could have said "complimentary sparkling wine on embarkation day" or "complimentary welcome glass of sparking wine." But they have left it vague. My bet is on sloppy copywriting.

Of course everything that's "free" on a cruise is paid for. Fares, upsells, or Mariner benefits paid for in advance as we accrue points over many cruises. But people want to know what it is that they've paid for--wine on one day or for all the days of the cruise.

Considering they're saying something different from what many of us have experienced in the past, yes, it's worth asking about. They could have said "complimentary sparkling wine on embarkation day" or "complimentary welcome glass of sparking wine." But they have left it vague. My bet is on sloppy copywriting.

Of course everything that's "free" on a cruise is paid for. Fares, upsells, or Mariner benefits paid for in advance as we accrue points over many cruises. But people want to know what it is that they've paid for--wine on one day or for all the days of the cruise.

Bolding is mine - exactly :)

+1